Thread: 55 and above
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2019, 05:21 PM   #153
Soozie4Him
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm 66 and have been part of this wonderful community since 2004. I really don't think I would've become a Stampin' Up demo if I hadn't found this place! In a couple of days, I'll have my 15th anniversary as a demo with SU!

As for being retired, I teach 6 piano students (back in the day it was more like 45!) which is all I really want because hubby and I have grandkids now, and we enjoy spending time with them. For the past 11 years, I've watched grandkids 1-2 days a week so our daughters can work part time, but now all the kids in one of the families will be in full-day Kindergarten (which he is ready for since he has an October birthday), so hubby and I will be watching just one little guy one day a week! We will need to find a way to see the other kids - going over late afternoon/evening to help with piano practice and homework, spend quality time with them, etc. I haven't worked full-time outside the home since I had my first baby 40 years ago, so I didn't have a big retirement or anything, just gradually less piano students.

And I've been having Stamp Camps since I became an SU demo. However, I had a major shoulder surgery in January and wasn't able to stamp at all until late April. And I haven't been able to have Stamp Camp yet - hopefully soon. I wasn't expecting 12 weeks in a sling and 5 months of physical therapy, but thankfully that's over!

Hubby retired in 2015 and we co-exist very nicely in our relatively large house. His office is across the hall from my Stamp Room, and we both LOVE to read. He stays active with tennis once a week and biking in the forest preserve. I can't do those things due to a bad ankle, a bad knee and fibromyalgia.

All of my SU customers are either my age or older and most of them have been with me for the full 15 years! I'm blessed with a wonderful group of stamping friends!

This is a great thread - thanks to whoever started it!!!

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!