View Single Post
Old 07-17-2019, 10:12 PM   #39
kazeka
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by canada goose View Post
Soooo, my original ink was and still is Versafine onyx black which is older than dirt and still great. I did buy Momento two years ago and still have not opened.
Why you may ask.......because like others here have posted I have yet to find any problems with bleeding when using Watercolors, alcohol inks. I do not use Copics and can’t understand SU saying you have to use Momento with alcohol inks.....this is not the case and a I humbly suggest they just promote for whatever reason.
I am not sure why no one else has discovered that you don’t need to use Momento. I also like that Versafine Onyx Black gives such nice crisp image. I do use the above mentioned greys and do agree with the description of the color.

Did not mean to highjack but just wanted to share my thoughts on Momento.
If you have an unopened Memento inkpad you really should give it a try. I always used nothing but Versafine in onyx for years...even with my alcohol markers. LOVE the crisp images with detailed stamps. However, I bought a Memento black ink pad about 6 months or so ago and wow, it works just as well as the Versafine, and is better with the alcohol inks. I used to get a little bit of bleeding with alcohol inks when I used Versafine, but there is absolutely none with the Memento ink pad. After reading about not using Versafine with alcohol inks, I need to go back and do a test with both inks again.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!