View Single Post
Old 07-16-2019, 08:12 AM   #30
canada goose
Pearl-ExPert

Default Stamping with grey ink

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenT View Post
Do you have the newer Basic Gray ink? I mean to say, a few years ago they changed it up and made that color an Archival ink formula and sold it on a linen-style pad (rather than the foam). Supposedly the Archival is good for coloring... so you might want to look at your re-inker just to see.

Still when I want grey to color with alcohol markers, I stamp witn my Memento.

Soooo, my original ink was and still is Versafine onyx black which is older than dirt and still great. I did buy Momento two years ago and still have not opened.
Why you may ask.......because like others here have posted I have yet to find any problems with bleeding when using Watercolors, alcohol inks. I do not use Copics and can’t understand SU saying you have to use Momento with alcohol inks.....this is not the case and a I humbly suggest they just promote for whatever reason.
I am not sure why no one else has discovered that you don’t need to use Momento. I also like that Versafine Onyx Black gives such nice crisp image. I do use the above mentioned greys and do agree with the description of the color.
Did not mean to highjack but just wanted to share my thoughts on Momento.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!