View Single Post
Old 07-12-2019, 11:59 AM   #4
kazeka
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBgreendawn View Post
its a different shade. ( my sample book of swatches of ink pads is at home) but, one of the memento grays has more of a blue ish tint to it.

and yes, I do use all the ones you mentioned and a few others.

sometimes when I want it to look like "no line coloring" I will grab a Distress Antique linen. (brown) or if its a plant leafy type thing I will do the Old paper pad as it has a greenish tint to it.
sometimes I use the Memento shoot whats the name. something sand I think. its also a pale brown tan color.

any of them will work, I think it just depends on how you are going to color it and how dark the colors are going to be.

eta and then I do the sentiment in black because, I tend to want it to pop better. and I am like that new versafine clair nocturn (black) ( I have not bought a gray shade in that yet but, the blues, greens and browns are all being used in my room)

I looked at samples online of both Memento gray inks and it seems like London Fog is a little more blue..and possibly lighter than Gray Flannel. However, not seeing either them in person , it's just a guess. Thanks for your reply..and suggestion for no-line coloring choices. I wasn't necessarily ready to try no-line coloring, but am looking for something that isn't as bold. Some of the stamps I've used have heavy stamping lines and the black ink is kind of overpowering, you know?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!