Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-28-2019, 02:05 PM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you you help me with the brand for this background stamp?

I am embarrassed because I don’t know if it’s a wood mounted, cling, clear or what! Thanks in advance!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2019, 03:02 PM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 654 Likes on 412 Posts

well doing a reverse image search for me on google did not pull up that stamp for me.

do you have a link to the maker of the card? (most people love to share details, so if you have a link to a blog post or something where you found the card someone may know the contact details for that person so you could ask them?)

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2019, 03:19 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 389 Likes on 262 Posts

I'm sorry, but I can't help you. It's even more difficult to identify images these days because so many are digital! I've wondered who made a certain image, and then found out it was a digi stamps..argh!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2019, 04:31 PM   #4  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBgreendawnView Post
well doing a reverse image search for me on google did not pull up that stamp for me.

do you have a link to the maker of the card? (most people love to share details, so if you have a link to a blog post or something where you found the card someone may know the contact details for that person so you could ask them?)
I made the card. It was stamped with versamark ink and embossed
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2019, 06:41 PM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

ah ha well, I am guessing you may want to start looking, and if that takes too long, you may want to start organizing and sorting while you hunt so that way you can find things after? ( girl, my stamp count on my inventory is over 3K so far and counting so, I feel your pain)

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2019, 03:36 AM   #6  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 587 Likes on 240 Posts

Hero Arts? They had a good variety of floral backgrounds a while back.
Mary Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2019, 06:13 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

I've searched a slew of different brands and searched multiple different ways and I'm coming up with nothing. Do you know how old/new the stamp is? Maybe the company that made it is out of business now...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2019, 08:08 AM   #8  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

ah ha well, I am guessing you may want to start looking, and if that takes too long, you may want to start organizing and sorting while you hunt so that way you can find things after? ( girl, my stamp count on my inventory is over 3K so far and counting so, I feel your pain)
I am organizing next week-it’s well overdue! Thanks for the response-I’d hate to venture a guess as to my count. But I’m sad that my unorganized craft room is leading me to not use what I have!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2019, 01:08 PM   #9  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

yep, I think most of us that have been "collecting" for years have a point where we reach the it has to get organized and or catalogued in one form or another because, you "know" you have a pinata stamp... but, who makes it so where would it hide?

( I use evernote as a digital search/inventory) and so, there are photos of the stamps (dies, embossing folders, stencils, a few odd hand held punches and newer lines of ink pads) in there and if I took a photograph of it while it was still on wood ( like a sentiment ) I "know" I unmounted it and about where to start looking for it now and two years ago, I spent hours hunting for a stamp that I had stamped on a scrap and die cut and set aside to be "ready to use" as I like the look of a dangling word on a card front... and then I started buying a lot of new companies and some of their lines all look very similar to me. ( I buy what I like so that makes sense that I own similar types of things) :mrgreen:

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2019, 11:48 AM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonW12View Post
I made the card. It was stamped with versamark ink and embossed

Oops, looks like you're going to have to go on a treasure hunt through your stash! I have several stamps that I just know I have, but can't find in my stamp collection. They're all old, wood-mounted ones that I've had for at least 15 years, so they should be easy to find..but so far, no luck. Do you organize and store your stamps by theme, manufacturer?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2019, 11:52 AM   #11  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

yep, I think most of us that have been "collecting" for years have a point where we reach the it has to get organized and or catalogued in one form or another because, you "know" you have a pinata stamp... but, who makes it so where would it hide?

( I use evernote as a digital search/inventory) and so, there are photos of the stamps (dies, embossing folders, stencils, a few odd hand held punches and newer lines of ink pads) in there and if I took a photograph of it while it was still on wood ( like a sentiment ) I "know" I unmounted it and about where to start looking for it now and two years ago, I spent hours hunting for a stamp that I had stamped on a scrap and die cut and set aside to be "ready to use" as I like the look of a dangling word on a card front... and then I started buying a lot of new companies and some of their lines all look very similar to me. ( I buy what I like so that makes sense that I own similar types of things) :mrgreen:

Once you look at your inventory list, how do you know where to find the stamp? How do you organize them? I've tried storing by manufacturer if I have quite a few sets by the same company, by theme and by type. I've got my unmounted ones in binders, sorted by theme (holiday, animals, travel etc). All of my Stampin' Up wood mounted sets are stored in two bookshelves. Other wood-mounted ones are loosely stored by theme in drawer stacks, and my clear stamp sets are stored in plastic bins by theme and/or manufacturer. I STILL can't find some of them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2019, 09:00 AM   #12  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

my wood mounted stamps are in Iris project cases by themes. ( so say horses are together) or snowmen or other images large enough to color.

my unmounted rubber stamps, some of the newer ones are organized by set on the same sheet by mfg. the random ones that were collected over 20+ years are by theme. so, I have them all on laminated sheets that I had stamped the image on one side and stuck them to the other side inside clear pockets like the avery elle kind? ( some of mine are cheap generic amazon ones) and I have them kinda sorted in themes and or mfg in bins on several shelves. so, at least I have narrowed down my search time for the stamp I may have to look at 4 sheets of thinking of you type sentiments to find the one ever note says I have but, this is way better than sitting on the floor moving multiple boxes of wood mounted ones digging and digging. ( for me)

so all my clear stamps are in the same system on the same shelves but, totally by mfg. and companies that I have both rubber and clear are in two spots depending on what it is, and if it is a set I caved on the matching dies those are on a magnet sheet tucked into the back of the same pocket or the pocket behind that stamp if its a big set.

and as time goes by I tend to memorize the sheets based off of how often I have looked at that particular sheet.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2019, 10:02 PM   #13  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

my wood mounted stamps are in Iris project cases by themes. ( so say horses are together) or snowmen or other images large enough to color.

my unmounted rubber stamps, some of the newer ones are organized by set on the same sheet by mfg. the random ones that were collected over 20+ years are by theme. so, I have them all on laminated sheets that I had stamped the image on one side and stuck them to the other side inside clear pockets like the avery elle kind? ( some of mine are cheap generic amazon ones) and I have them kinda sorted in themes and or mfg in bins on several shelves. so, at least I have narrowed down my search time for the stamp I may have to look at 4 sheets of thinking of you type sentiments to find the one ever note says I have but, this is way better than sitting on the floor moving multiple boxes of wood mounted ones digging and digging. ( for me)

so all my clear stamps are in the same system on the same shelves but, totally by mfg. and companies that I have both rubber and clear are in two spots depending on what it is, and if it is a set I caved on the matching dies those are on a magnet sheet tucked into the back of the same pocket or the pocket behind that stamp if its a big set.

and as time goes by I tend to memorize the sheets based off of how often I have looked at that particular sheet.

So do you separate clear stamp sets? For instance, do you separate out the different sentiments and/or images? Or do you keep clear sets all together?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2019, 03:00 PM   #14  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

Quote:

Stacey-what about labeling the laminate sheets with a letter-like thinking of you A, B, C (or numbers) and put that in the evernote so you know which sheet to go to? I mean if you get to 26 letters (sheets) of thinking of you, we will have to do an intervention. LOL.
Reply With Quote Likes