Thread: 55 and above
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2019, 07:21 AM   #137
TLady
Die Cut Diva

I haven't experienced the loss of a parent in death, but I have experienced loss in several other ways, in several areas of my life---which was tantamount to the same thing you're experiencing. The whole thing sapped me of my joy, resulting in depression; & I couldn't do what I always loved, not crafting either-- I hadn't found Paper Crafting at that point, but another love of mine. It took time & taking baby steps. I also had my children & husband that encouraged me in my love & over time & taking baby steps I am back to doing my other love. It is a process of healing over time & I still am lacking in some of the other areas where there was a death of sorts, but I am believing that God will restore those other things to me in His time. Your crafting might even return in your love for a different sort of craft, or talent you have. Some of the things that returned for me came in a different form. All those things I lost came ALL AT ONCE & it was SO OVERWHELMING! But, like I said in time & maybe coming back in a different form, you will get back to where you should be. I don't want you to miss this one thing though that helped, Prayer played a big part in my recovery too! Take this time to ask the Lord to heal you & give you back the love you had for crafting. He DOES answer prayer! He only wants us to ASK! <3