Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-11-2019, 08:28 AM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 89 Likes on 59 Posts
Default Fess upI I

time to fess up......what did you order from the new SU catty?

I succumbed to Free as a Bird Stamp and paper
Did not get dies as I have several others that could take their place
I also purchased the magnolia paper because I could make many cards with paper alone.
Personally I thought stamp and dies were too pricy especially the stamp set, as well as at this time I did not particularly find the sentiments would be used much.....for me
I did purchase a few blender pens after trying them

I also found that I did not have any bleeding from the pens when I used my fav ink Versafine
I do have a new pad of momento ink but tried Versafine and worked just fine.

Just curious what people ordered, I did read here some were not impressed with new catty, but could not help wondering if after seeing examples changed their minds........did you 😂
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2019, 06:30 PM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 506 Likes on 226 Posts

I saw many great samples, but many of the stamps are so similar to many of my old ones. I didn't get any stamps.

I did buy a card kit, though. One that was irresistible.
And In Color paper...for my color evaluations and deciding if I want to buy the color.
And In Color markers, because that's how I get colors I won't use a lot.
And the new Blends. I love the Blends and I'm not so much of a perfectionist that I have to have Copics. I don't have the money either.
I bought one set of dies. The stitched nested labels were exactly what I was really wanting, so...

That's all. I'm not sure what else might call to me in the future. I guess I'll wait and see what people do with a lot of the items. There's sure a lot of wonderful patterned paper, but I don't really use it that much.
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2019, 08:39 PM   #3  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am in a hostess club, so I'm pacing myself. For now, I just got a pack of the new in color cardstock, and the Very Versailles stamp set.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2019, 06:49 AM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

As a person who rarely does "cute" images..........I am in love with those goofy cows! My demo is having a catty launch party next week and they are at the top of the list.......also I really like the new nested labels.......the variety of sizes and the different shape of them intrigues me. For me it's a no on the birds and the magnolias and we'll have to see what others do with some of the sets before I decide on anything else.

Also, will be waiting to hear Fionna51's evaluations of the new colors.........she has such a good eye and her descriptions are spot on. I keep a binder on the colors and descriptions of them and have found hers to be invaluable. Many thanks!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2019, 07:06 AM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

I like stamps like Lawn Fawn as well but lately they seem too cutesy and more for little ones which I no longer have.
I am now at a stage where I try to choose images that will go a long way and I can use for many occasions, like birds, trees and not nearly many flowers, and how many times can you send the same card.my birthday cards are limited mostly to men’s (sigh) and then I choose to use more masculine paper as there are not an abundance of images as we all know.
The two papers I chose I think will stand alone with just a sentiment from what I have seen. But confession time.......I too procrastinate cutting them up. But in the case of Magnolia Lane seems to me from what I have seen lend themselves very nicely for just that or stand alone.

As more examples come up I am sure more will see things they like. Last night on one blog I watched,the demo said Magnolia Lane is already on back order, so I hope my order comes with everything together ( fingers crossed).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2019, 09:10 AM   #6  
Insane Embellisher

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm one of the people who's not so impressed. Unfortunately cause I want new stuff and fortunately cause I'm saving money, lol. I immediately fell in love with the mailman set. My brother-in-law was a mailman but he's retired now so I don't think I'll be getting it. When he was working I could've figured out different ways to use it for different occasions but now I think it would be a one-and-done thing. Doesn't stop me from wanting it though.

I like the peacock too but if I feel I need a peacock I'll go with The Ton's.

I'm not giving up on SU taking my money just yet - I'm holding out hope for the holiday catalog!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2019, 10:49 AM   #7  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,910 Likes on 2,180 Posts

I bought the Sail away bundle and DSP. Got the magnolia lane DSP, and on Saturday I'm ordering the magnolia lane bundle. Undecided on the nested labels or the new tag topper punch. Will be getting both, but deciding which to get first.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2019, 05:39 PM   #8  

Received 1,386 Likes on 517 Posts

I got the Bird Ballad suite - coloring the birds is so fun! The DSP that goes with it appeals to me because the colors are spring-y and cheerful without being too bright. I've made quite a bit with it already.

There was a tutorial for a Home Sweet Home mini album on here and I used the key charms in the Bird Ballad trinkets when I made one.

My next order will have the new Blends on it. I have all the other colors and I love using them. I was not much of a coloring person until these came to live in my craft space! I'll also get the new In Colors and the Daisy Lane bundle.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2019, 05:52 PM   #9  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,910 Likes on 2,180 Posts

I loved that tutorial too! I also have all the blends except new colors and love using them. My demo was gifting sets to me every time I reached $150 in sales. I gave her a list of colors I needed yet and she would have them in the gift box we could choose from.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2019, 04:55 AM   #10  

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
I loved that tutorial too! I also have all the blends except new colors and love using them. My demo was gifting sets to me every time I reached $150 in sales. I gave her a list of colors I needed yet and she would have them in the gift box we could choose from.

That is so nice of her! What a great demo.

I made the album for my oldest daughter who is leaving for college in August. I thought she would like having around some photos of familiar people and pets.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2019, 06:49 AM   #11  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Fess Up

Quote:

Originally Posted by cnsteeleView Post
I got the Bird Ballad suite - coloring the birds is so fun! The DSP that goes with it appeals to me because the colors are spring-y and cheerful without being too bright. I've made quite a bit with it already.

There was a tutorial for a Home Sweet Home mini album on here and I used the key charms in the Bird Ballad trinkets when I made one.

My next order will have the new Blends on it. I have all the other colors and I love using them. I was not much of a coloring person until these came to live in my craft space! I'll also get the new In Colors and the Daisy Lane bundle.

I also purchased the blends that go with BB. I like that there are sooo many different ways to colour the birds. I wonder if they ever thought to make die for this instead of the ones they decided on. Personally I would have bought that as I have a number of other Dies from various other companies that would work just as well.
I do enjoy fussy cutting .....but ask me again after a I try tackling these little peeps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2019, 08:45 AM   #12  

They are not bad at all to fussy cut. I love fussy cutting and have done it to these cuties many times already!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2019, 07:43 PM   #13  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Fess up

Quote:

Originally Posted by cnsteeleView Post
They are not bad at all to fussy cut. I love fussy cutting and have done it to these cuties many times already!

Thanks for the heads up. I am expecting my order this coming week. I. Will let you know.
Reply With Quote Likes