MISTI Monday
MISTI Monday Challenge Team Leader

Default MISTI Monday May 2019 Challenge

Challenge Title: Patterned Paper die cut
Hostess: MISTI Monday
Keyword: MSP21
Date: May 6th, 2019

Hello all! Happy month of May!

This month's card was inspired by new dies I just got of cats and dogs. Now, I don't have any pets, but my mother and a lot of my friends have many and I've been seeing some really nice stamps and dies centered around these animals. I also need to use some of my patterned paper that I've been collecting over the past 18 years. I seem to have an over abundance of it.

I used one of the cat dies to make a card for my mom to send to her friend who lives in North Carolina. I picked out some summer-y patterned paper and used it for a border and also for the cat. I added a simple Thanking of you die cut and wanted to put a word strip that my cat could hang out on. I embossed the SENDING HUGS in white on pale pink card stock.

In order to get a perfectly cut sentiment strip, I used my Cut-Align from My Sweet Petunia. I was kind of nervous to use it for a little bit after getting it, but with some practice I'm very good at it now. What I like most about the Cut-Align are the pink measurement guides situated all over the ruler. With different sizes, from 1/8 inch and up, you can cut very close to your sentiment or further away. I wanted a very close edge, so I used the 1/8th inch measurement running parallel to the cutting guide while using the lines that run vertical to the slot to make sure my paper was straight and exactly where I wanted it.

Iliana created this ruler specifically for paper crafters with a slot that is so thin, it's exactly the width of your blade (precision cutting) and measurement guides (on both sides of the cutting guide) for even our most delicate cuts. There are also centering guides as well.

I've included an extra picture to show you the Cut-Align and also the different strips I cut with it. I had 2 1/8th inch strips left over and if you look at the card, you'll see I placed one along the edge of the green paper, separating it from the floral pattern. I think it was a nice touch to finish that plain edge.

Inside the card I will use the new Double Dip notes for my mom to write on. Her friend can then pass the card on to someone else needing a smile. The notes come sized for an A2 card and you get one Portrait direction and another Landscape. Great idea to match which way you open the card.

This month's challenge is for you to use some patterned paper, create your own with stamps if you don't have any, in a die cut. If you do not have any dies, just use patterned paper in your card somehow. I love the cat matching the border.

Thanks for joining us this week and I can't wait to see your cards!

MAY luck be with you this month!
MISTI Monday

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All MISTI Monday Challenge Entries must be uploaded to your member gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than, Saturday, May 25th, 2019 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible to win a $50 gift certificate to My Sweet Petunia! The winner will be announced Sunday, May 26th.
2. You may combine this challenge with other challenges, and also have multiple entries. Please use a full description on either how you used your MISTI or, if you don't own a MISTI, how you would have loved to incorporate its help!
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.