View Single Post
Old 04-24-2019, 09:30 AM   #48
gregzgurl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjeans View Post
AND you're OCD (or CDO, even - put them in alphabetical, order, please)”

!!

My CDOness would mean covering the “gone” set image with copy paper and re-copying the page when substituting a new set. Or maybe I’d put an aqua X through it to prove I’m a stamper and a purger, and aqua because, well, aqua. And to remind myself I didn’t use that stamp for two years so I do not have to buy it again.

Cards in pockets in binders would violate my non-bulk rule, and everything would be full size, otherwise I’d have to look in multiple places when judging scale/size.

Plastic index sheets in a couple sets I’ve tried have copied well. I’ll need to decide how to do the single stamps by category: 1) cut up a copied index sheet, tape down images and when a category page is full copy it so I don’t have flappy images, or 2) actually stamp every dang stamp.

Stamp sets have only been broken up a few times - when I like one stamp out of a set and donate the set away minus that one, which hasn’t been the focal stamp(s).
The reason I have the smaller binders with the images (or sentiments) stamped full-size and with the stamp right there with it is so I DON'T have to look multiple places for anything. I only refer to the reduced-size binder if I'm looking for a particular set or want to know what goes with the stamp I'm using (as far as original set). Every stamp set I have is broken up except "builder" sets, and stored by category.

When I first started this organizing/indexing thing I was cutting up pages and gluing them to other pages and it quickly became a nightmare and way too much work, so I have "actually stamped every dang stamp" - multiple times now, since I've purged/rearranged multiple times...

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!