View Single Post
Old 04-20-2019, 12:14 PM   #31
jnsyr
Kookie Creator

This is so timely for me. I have been an off-and-on SU Demo--rejoined twice. I tried the business demo route but I'm no salesperson, so I'm really just a hobby demo.

I was pretty much SU-only but have recently (past 6 months) become interested in other brands (Lawn Fawn items are cute and they have very inventive dies, I liked the Corcord & 9th turnabouts but found some aren't as smooth for me--operator error?).

However, all of a sudden I found myself getting into that "must have it ALL" mode after watching some Jennifer McGuire videos and it's burning me out. I'm actually thinking of dropping my SU hobby demoship as I no longer want to pay the minimums ($300 per quarter).
I do think it makes good sense to find one line of colors you like and stick to that for paper and ink, so that you have a good variety and yet they work well together--I think I will stay with SU for that.

To me, a big problem is the issue of coordinating products. Each company makes dies that often coordinate with a single specific stamp set, and then they often make other items that coordinate with either or both, so you end up buying so much from them.

I think finding universal dies and wide-use stamp sets is a good idea. I want to downsize so I don't need more--I need to fill gaps and let go.

It makes good sense to have a few universal items that can either work with lots of products (a picture wheel die that works with lots of stamp sets, for example) and stamp sets that can be used in a variety of ways and still feel fresh.

I'm also cutting WAY back on the embellishments--I just don't use them much. Better to get a few basics that can be colored with ink as needed.