Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-20-2019, 07:16 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
Default I found it!

I just had to share this with some people who might understand. ;)

I found my letter "e"! I thought for sure that this one was gone for good. I have a photopolymer stamp set with itty-bitty scripty letters. It takes some patience, but I actually love - and use - this set a fair bit. (Make a Difference - SU, retired.) Anyway, it's just the single clear letter - super tiny.

Of course I couldn't lose something like Q or X. I managed to lose the most common letter in the alphabet, LOL. After my initial exhaustive search, I gave up hope. What are the odds that I would actually find this thing? It could so easily get swept into the trash, or sucked up with the vacuum. But I found it! It was stuck to the side of a punch that I apparently don't use often enough, LOL.

This just made my day.

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2019, 07:18 AM   #2  
Insane Embellisher

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Congratulationts! Maybe you should get yourself something special to celebrate......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2019, 07:49 AM   #3  
Mad Swapper

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by BashfulStamperView Post
I just had to share this with some people who might understand. ;)

I found my letter "e"! I thought for sure that this one was gone for good. I have a photopolymer stamp set with itty-bitty scripty letters. It takes some patience, but I actually love - and use - this set a fair bit. (Make a Difference - SU, retired.) Anyway, it's just the single clear letter - super tiny.

Of course I couldn't lose something like Q or X. I managed to lose the most common letter in the alphabet, LOL. After my initial exhaustive search, I gave up hope. What are the odds that I would actually find this thing? It could so easily get swept into the trash, or sucked up with the vacuum. But I found it! It was stuck to the side of a punch that I apparently don't use often enough, LOL.

This just made my day.
So happy for you! Now if only your E could find my teeny 1/4" E that went missing from my beloved SU Letterset stamp set about a year ago… by the way I always lose the vowels! I just went right to eBay and bought a whole other set for that one tiny stamp ha ha
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2019, 08:07 AM   #4  
Glitter Guru

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Many of us can relate!!! It is so very frustrating to lose things right after using them or before getting it glued down!! In my case for scrapping rather than card making... lost a circle die on one occasion. Sadly I probably got thrown in the trash some how! I once walked over to a fast food joint from a crop and as I went to pay for my order I found a metal die stuck to the magnetic clasp on my wallet. So happy that die did not get lost on the walk over.

So much happiness when the lost are found!!! It feels like you have been given a great gift!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2019, 08:51 AM   #5  
Glitter Guru

Received 856 Likes on 512 Posts

Congrats!!! I have a kitten stamp and another one that I have never found. There is no telling where they went!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2019, 08:59 AM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 292 Likes on 127 Posts

Yay, glad you found it! I think the most-used are likely to be the ones that go missing - cling stamps lose a bit of their sticking power with each use so they’re more likely to drop off the carrier sheet or case.

I’ve lost the B die from my Spellbinder font set, I keep hoping it will show up but no joy as yet! One of DH’s grandsons has a B name so I have to avoid personalising his cards with his name and those dies as I really can’t bear to do his name with a lower case “b” which is all I have! A pretty large orchid stamp has gone missing from a set too - perhaps it will turn up!

I usually transfer the contents of my craft room trash handful by handful into a bag before getting rid of it for good, occasionally something shows up in there that isn’t trash at all!

My blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2019, 09:24 AM   #7  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Congratulations! (No “e” was used to write that.)

A tiny stamp I love disappeared once. Oddly, it was in the kitchen, even though my stamping stuff is in my office/craft room upstairs. I looked through all the kitchen trash, which had Chinese food containers and glop. Nope.

Then I spotted it clinging desperately to the very top of the garbage can liner.

And Joanne, names spelled all lower case can look so neat - but if not your style embracing the coolness wouldn’t work. I hope you find it, or maybe Spellbinders would send you one. Or not, being a large company. The owner of Taylored Expressions quickly ripped open a pack and sent me a stamp missing from a set, but that was a packaging error.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2019, 09:39 AM   #8  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,716 Likes on 649 Posts

I feel your joy! And can so relate. I had lost two items. The label die from Rose Thinlits, and the photopolymer thank you from Thoughtful branches. Gave up looking. And you would think when we had to move everything out for the reno we did, I would have found them then, but no...Now, in Feb. I did find them and they were stuck in the inside a 3-tiered container (that is actually for cupcakes, but I was keeping craft stuff in them instead.) Had to be almost 2 years before I found these items!

Now, I am going to go look up your retired set for a peek!

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2019, 10:30 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 358 Likes on 197 Posts

Is this the stamp set?
Make A Difference Photopolymer Stamp Set | Charity | Stampin Up!<sub></sub><sup></sup>

If so, it is still in the catalog and will be in the new annual catty as well. Just in case someone else wants to purchase it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2019, 11:53 AM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arlene_CView Post
Is this the stamp set?
Make A Difference Photopolymer Stamp Set | Charity | Stampin Up!<sub></sub><sup></sup>

If so, it is still in the catalog and will be in the new annual catty as well. Just in case someone else wants to purchase it.

Oops! Yes, that's it! Thanks for catching that. I guess I shouldn't rely on my memory to keep track of the retired list.

And if anyone else does want it... I've been amazed by how "forgiving" those scripty letters are. It takes a little time and patience to stamp a message, but it always turns out better than I expect.

(I take out the letters that I need, and attach one on each corner of a clear block, turning it over and flipping it. I don't think these line up all that well if you put them together on a block, but when you stamp them one at a time, it's super easy to line them beautifully, just by eye-balling them.)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2019, 01:19 PM   #11  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 501 Likes on 222 Posts

Ahhhh...relief! That's what I feel when I find what is lost. Glad you found yours!
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2019, 03:07 PM   #12  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 242 Likes on 129 Posts
Thumbs up

Yaaaaaaay! Isn't that a great feeling when you 'find' the seemingly 'forever lostie'?!
I completely understand, having been the delighted stamper who has found 3 little bitties (3 separate "losses") across my stampy times so far!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2019, 03:26 PM   #13  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

Yay! Glad for you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2019, 02:41 PM   #14  
Glitter Guru

Received 807 Likes on 528 Posts

So glad you found it!

I can totally relate.....

Over Easter weekend, I had to clean off our dining room table which is where I stamp. I couldn't find the little smiley face from my Lawn Fawn set "Get Well Soon"....eek!

Two hours later and much clean up, I found it stuck on the opposite end of my table. Just about blended in with the woodgrain but there it was.

Yay!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2019, 05:29 AM   #15  
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,120 Likes on 503 Posts

I usually lose see-through things, but the thing I cannot find right now is the black foam pad for my MISTI. Thankfully I have a backup!
Vincent Van Gogh

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2019, 05:47 AM   #16  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arlene_CView Post
Is this the stamp set?

In the video, every other letter in “congratulations” is put on two Stamperatus plates rather than the entire word on one. Just curious why she would have separated them that way, not that I have a Stamperaturs.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2019, 05:58 AM   #17  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by diniView Post
I usually lose see-through things, but the thing I cannot find right now is the black foam pad for my MISTI. Thankfully I have a backup!

Do you have a stack of black fun foam or black cardstock it could be hiding in?

I’ve temporarily lost items in between furniture and the wall or between furniture and furniture.

The most aggravating was a very old stamp an instructor used in a class. I loved the stamp and technique but it hadn’t been sold for years. I searched for it off and on. One day while looking for something else on eBay it appeared! I bought it and then lost it for months.

I had forgotten that it and a few others were put in a plastic container. I don’t have many wood stamps and had already removed the wood from the ones I had other than the few more recently purchased.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2019, 03:27 AM   #18  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Things end up in odd places!

During the Christmas rush I borrowed a die set from a friend, Dashing Deer by Stampin Up. The darn thing went missing before I even had a chance to use it. I searched high & low, called friends to see if I'd accidentally given it to them, even went to my friend's house & looked under her sofa. Just last week I was sorting & storing a bag of fabric from a sewing project. There was the die set! Those deer must have jumped high to lad in that bag!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2019, 03:30 AM   #19  
Glitter Queen

I searched for weeks for a set of tool dies that l had used for a card. Couldn't understand how the whole set could be lost. Ages later, after repeated searches l remembered that l had actually borrowed a box of dies from a friend and the tool set was one of hers !
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2019, 04:53 AM   #20  
Matboard Maniac

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Hahaha, so many of us can relate. How about I found a tiny flower die that I don't even remember having, so technically was it ever lost...? I have no idea what set it could have come from. Oh well...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2019, 08:43 AM   #21  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 122 Likes on 67 Posts

I once lost two, fairly large, circle dies from a Spellbinders set. I couldn't for the life of me find them. I had previously had my dies stored on magnet strips on the inside of a cabinet door that I kept my stamp cases in, but after having knocked them all off at least 3 times, I changed my storage. Having knocked them off the strips, I thought that was how I must have lost them. About 2 years later, I went to use one of my stamp sets that I kept elsewhere, and THERE THEY WERE--INSIDE the case!! I had to have put them in there for some reason, but I really don't remember even having used that set yet.

Strange things happen!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2019, 02:00 PM   #22  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjeansView Post
In the video, every other letter in “congratulations” is put on two Stamperatus plates rather than the entire word on one. Just curious why she would have separated them that way, not that I have a Stamperaturs.

Okay, I just watched this video. To be honest, I don't know why they would demonstrate this method. I understand why she didn't line them all up on one plate - with the scripty letters, you just can't quite get the spacing right between letters using that method. In my mind, the method she used would take much longer (arranging the stamps on the plates) then the method I use.

(I probably shouldn't mention this, but there's another reason she had to do it this way. There are a couple of "repeat" letters, which means that she must have had two separate sets to complete this.)

This video shows how easy it is to use this set one letter at a time.

But to keep this on topic: this system works brilliantly, as long as you put all of the tiny stamps away immediately after you've finished stamping your project. Otherwise, your "e" might run off, too. ;)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2019, 02:04 PM   #23  
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,120 Likes on 503 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjeansView Post
Do you have a stack of black fun foam or black cardstock it could be hiding in?
Do you know, that's just where it was.
Vincent Van Gogh

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2019, 02:42 PM   #24  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by BashfulStamperView Post
Okay, I just watched this video. To be honest, I don't know why they would demonstrate this method. I understand why she didn't line them all up on one plate - with the scripty letters, you just can't quite get the spacing right between letters using that method. In my mind, the method she used would take much longer (arranging the stamps on the plates) then the method I use.

(I probably shouldn't mention this, but there's another reason she had to do it this way. There are a couple of "repeat" letters, which means that she must have had two separate sets to complete this.)

This video shows how easy it is to use this set one letter at a time.

[snip]

But to keep this on topic: this system works brilliantly, as long as you put all of the tiny stamps away immediately after you've finished stamping your project. Otherwise, your "e" might run off, too. ;)
Ha! (Your bringing the topic back. And meandering is fine!)

I don’t know why two sets would make her use two plates, but I’ve found blocks work better too. (Not a SU set, just a basic lower case set that came in a pass-it-on box when I first started stamping.) For making backgrounds with small or tiny stamps too.

Last edited by bjeans; 04-24-2019 at 02:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2019, 02:54 PM   #25  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 245 Likes on 132 Posts

This isn't my story, but my best friend lost a clear stamp she had recently used and cleaned. Her habit after cleaning was to set the stamps on a towel on top of the washer/dryer. When she went to put away her clean/dry stamps, one was missing. She looked all over the laundry room---behind and under the washer/dryer, on the way to and from the sink to the drying area and into her stamp room. She had given up until she was throwing away the take home box the extra pizza had been in and there it was on the bottom. Apparently she had set the box down on top of the drying stamps as she was making her way from the garage and into the kitchen. That one stamp stuck to the bottom through time in the fridge, sitting on the table and almost to the trash. Now when anyone in our tribe looses something, there is a chorus of "Did you check the bottom of the pizza box?"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2019, 03:00 PM   #26  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by diniView Post
Do you know, that's just where it was.

So glad! My one talent: being able to think like a piece of foam. :shock:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2019, 07:39 PM   #27  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

I’m always losing my clear stamps! And the acetate sheets from the back of the stamps too! I bring stamps out to ‘audition’ them then set them aside to pick inks or set up my MISTI. Next thing I know, it’s stuck to something or another. I’ve found most of them but 3 stayed lost a very long time.

One I found after several months. One is still lost but it was just 3 dots meant to go in the center of a berry so I can sub in marker dots. Another is still lost but I groveled to the company who made them and they graciously broke up a set and sent me the missing one!! The best customer service ever!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2019, 08:54 PM   #28  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 344 Likes on 132 Posts

I was making Easter cards last year but was interrupted by one of my cats jumping up on the table and sitting down in the middle of the work area in the attention-seeking way they have. Shifted the cat, got up to get something else, came back to the table and realised one of my stamps was missing. Hunted around quickly, had a thought, intercepted the cat on her way out into the garden and sure enough, the stamp was stuck to her furry undercarriage.

I'd never have found it if she'd made it out on to the lawn and dropped it there!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2019, 10:51 PM   #29  
Matboard Maniac

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Cool

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kristy TyraView Post
Hahaha, so many of us can relate. How about I found a tiny flower die that I don't even remember having, so technically was it ever lost...? I have no idea what set it could have come from. Oh well...
I'm going through something similar. I was looking for one of my blocks and when I found it there was this small flower stamp on it that I kind of recognize, but just can't remember what set it's from. I looked at the sets I could remember using recently and even looked through my Evernote inventory, but so far no luck. Hopefully I'll encounter the set or will remember at some point. As you say, oh well...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2019, 11:30 PM   #30  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 77 Likes on 41 Posts

I stamp in my play room and then take my stamps to the kitchen sink to clean them. I am in the habit of laying out a kitchen towel as the stamp air-drying spot. Problem is if I sleep, I forget there are stamps on the terry cloth towel. When they are all clear, I cannot tell you how many times I've picked up the towel put up and then oops there were stamps on it! My husband has picked them up off the floor, is this yours? This has only happened less than a handful of times in 15 years, and I miraculously have not lost a stamp yet, but just give me time.... ha!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2019, 05:22 AM   #31  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 245 Likes on 132 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris4436View Post
I'm going through something similar. I was looking for one of my blocks and when I found it there was this small flower stamp on it that I kind of recognize, but just can't remember what set it's from. I looked at the sets I could remember using recently and even looked through my Evernote inventory, but so far no luck. Hopefully I'll encounter the set or will remember at some point. As you say, oh well...

Post a picture if it here and maybe someone will recognize it. There is a thread for that---What Stamp Is That?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2019, 04:00 AM   #32  
Cardstock Collector

Smile Missing "0" die

I had been missing the zero from a set of number dies. So I had been using one that I had cut out previously to cut more - trace around it, cut it out, cut out the center - a real drag!
Then one of my printers started to have a problem feeding paper. Made a terrible racket and just wouldn't work. Now, I am a computer fixer, so I worked with it for a long time, doing all the right things I have done in the past to fix printers. I gave up and was trying to decide which new printer I would buy. Decided to give it one more look, pulled it out and carried to my stamping table. Yep, the "0" was one of those with overly aggressive adhesive when I purchased the set, and it was stuck to the paper feed space in the printer!
Now my "T" from a set of tiny dies is missing, but it's not in the printer! Probably either fell into my file drawer of paper or into the trash can. At least it's easier to cut out than the "0"!

Last edited by Missouri Stamper; 04-26-2019 at 04:01 AM.. Reason: fix typo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2019, 12:23 PM   #33  
Stampin' Fool

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have only lost two dies so far. The first was a butterfly body from my one and only butterfly set at the time. It went on sale at Joann's and I got a new one. A week later I opened up my Cuttlebug and the old die fell out - it had fallen in between the fold-up platform and the body of the machine. At the time, I used that set so much that having two of the same die was pretty cool.

Then about a month ago I lost a birthday candle die that was about 1/4" long from a new-to-me PTI set. It was so tiny I didn't think I could fussy-cut it out, and the set was on sale, so I broken down and bought a new one. Now I wish I'd tried some of the clever solutions I've seen here among you stampers!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2019, 06:02 PM   #34  
Inking Addict

Received 32 Likes on 11 Posts

This brought back memories of the year I was going to use a baby stamp as baby Jesus. I had the cards all partially made and He disappeared. I ended up having to photocopy the stamp image (thank goodness for that) and using those. Baby Jesus showed up about 3 years later on the side of a box I seldom used in the kitchen.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2019, 08:39 AM   #35  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Woo hoo, good for you! I hate to lose things. I've learned from experience to open the plastic cases I store my stamps in, holding them so that they open flat, because one or two of the stamps always seems to have detached itself from the inside of the case, and will pop out unexpectedly. And it's always the teeny weeny ones or the favorite ones that do! Luckily, I have hardwood floors in my house, but can you imagine having to search for a stamp in deep pile shag carpet from ages ago? Yikes!
Reply With Quote Likes