View Single Post
Old 04-19-2019, 08:16 PM   #44
gregzgurl
Proud Fan Club Member

I agree that Sandy's system is awesome, but I have a devil's advocate addition to the thread:

IF you are one who purges periodically (or often, like myself) AND you're OCD (or CDO, even - put them in alphabetical, order, please) THEN having multiple sets on a page may irritate you no end when the set is gone/mostly gone/whatever. I reduce the pic of the set to trading card size (2 1/2" x 3 1/2") and put the cards in trading card pages in a binder (by manufacturer, roughly alphabetical: Avery Elle, Cat's Pajamas, Flourishes, Hampton Art, etc...) If/when I purge a stamp, I use a pink highlighter to "cross out" that particular image (I may want to know what used to be there). If the whole set gets purged, I take the card out.

Because I want to see "actual size" and because I usually search by category rather than manufacturer when I actually stamp, I have other binders by category with the image stamped full-size on the cards and with the stamp itself in the same pocket on laminated cardstock (all of my stamps are unmounted or photopolymer). I write the manufacturer and stamp set name on the card to cross-reference with the main index binder.

The category binders have gone through several iterations, but currently I have 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" binders and the corresponding page protectors that I have sewn to make pockets. Most are four pockets to a page, but I also have half pages for larger stamps and full pages for background stamps and long borders.

So far it's working very well. I can find any stamp I own very quickly and it's easy to add or subtract cards/pages as needed...

Last edited by gregzgurl; 04-19-2019 at 08:23 PM.. Reason: Cleanup...
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!