View Single Post
Old 04-18-2019, 03:09 PM   #28
contrapat
Gabfest Goddess

I have never limited myself to SU. I started stamping way back many years ago with stamps I bought at arts & crafts shows. When I married and moved 1000 miles, I found my next door neighbor was a SU demo. For several years I participated in her monthly group, which had a minimum purchase required (it was pretty low, like $15-20). Even when I was going to the monthly group, I never stuck to just SU. There are too many other fun, gorgeous, and intriguing products out there to try. I know so many stampers who HAVE to have SU because everything has matching components. I don't need that for myself- I can tell when colors work together or don't, and the experimentation (for me) is part of the thrill when a project comes together. Trying new and different products is so much fun! When I discovered Cosmic Shimmer Pixie Powders, I fell in LOVE! (OK, after the first six colors bought from a US catalog, I had to go international, and order them from England, but I found a fabulous company to buy from with great pricing and really reasonable shipping!) I'm currently waiting for Cosmic Shimmer Opal Polishes to get here from that same company in England- somebody posted a video here on SCS of those, and they just called my name!!!
If I stuck to SU, I wouldn't have experienced Mirri cardstock, and I am such a sucker for mirror cs. If I stuck with SU only, I'd never have tried Spica glitter pens, which I adore. I wouldn't have tried the Derwent Inktense watercolor pencils, which are out of this world! I have a real metallic cs fetish, and to get great colors, one has to go beyond SU- they seldom carry any. There are too many wondrous things out there for me to be strictly SU, and yes, many times the price of SU makes me wince. I've been able to find so many things elsewhere at lower prices.

I do still occasionally buy SU, but not often, usually only when something sings to me.

A whole lot of people are content with just SU, and that's fine for them. A whole lot of others prefer a wider range to choose from, and that's fine, too. Everybody can make the choice that's right for themselves. Yay!

PAY IT FORWARD CONTINUES:

https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...l#post21698887

Cards request for Al:
https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...l#post21294892
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!