View Single Post
Old 03-30-2019, 07:22 PM   #23
JoBear2
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fl_beachbum View Post
I'm not convinced the dies will go away, they will just have to be redesigned to not fit the description of the patent. That's a tall order because the open design helps us to line up the die with the stamped image but with some creative thinking, I think it could be done. I would think dies are popluar enough, sell well enough, making it a worthwhile investment for other companies to consider. What do you think?

I have some closed dies from years ago and it was a pain in the neck & fiddly to line them up with images & diecut them perfectly. I had lots of wasted images which annoyed me! But that was before I had my SU Stamp Platform which would make things alot easier. However, it would still take alot more time and if I was doing lots of images eg: if I was stamping and diecutting a whole scene of Lawn Fawn images for one card, I would probably just handcut them instead.

If companies are starting to bow out instead of challenging the lawsuit because they don't have the finances & don't want to risk the possible cost of damages or legal fees etc., I would bet that this is just the beginning and other companies will be sued as well. Trouble is, nobody wins and it leaves a nasty taste in your mouth. Boo!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!