Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-23-2019, 02:12 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stampin up New Cling Stamps

I opened up my first stamp set that was the new cling stamp sets and I looked at the sticker and it's like what happened? So I brought up a YouTube video and watched it and I do not like it it's very stressful to get it on straight my second stamp that I did was already crooked and I have OCD pretty much everything's got to be on perfect. So this is not working out very well for me maybe I'll get used to it but it's very stressful
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2019, 05:53 PM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I understand where you're coming from. I find the new cling to be pretty strong and also struggle with trying to get the label on perfectly. I find, though, that it helps if I go very slowly and only take 1/2 the adhesive off before I start lining up the stamp (can't remember where I heard that tip, but it's a good one). Sometimes I have to remind myself this hobby is for fun, not perfection. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2019, 08:01 PM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

yes i do only take half off at a time. This was my first time using them. Be careful as they stick to everything. One almost made its way into the garbage by sticking to something I was going to toss.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2019, 04:23 AM   #4  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 587 Likes on 240 Posts

Instead of picking up the sticker to apply to the stamp, do it the other way around. Leave the sticker sheet flat on your work table and remove the backing paper from one sticker only. Place the corresponding stamp down on the sticker, the backing paper still on around the sticker will allow for easy alignment and perfect placement. Then pick up the stamp and the sticker will be lined up exactly. My only beef with the new cling is getting them off the inside of the case to actually stamp with them. Wow, they are cling-y!
Mary Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2019, 06:56 AM   #5  
Gallery Gazer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I haven’t put any stickers on the stamps for awhile, I slide the sucker sheet ‘as is’ between the case and the plastic. I lay the stamps on the case itself, in the same locations as shown on the outside. I can readily know which stamp I need, although small sentiments can be trickier.

Are the new sticky stickers extra difficult to apply to the stamp itself, or the block after? I haven’t encountered it yet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2019, 07:26 AM   #6  
Insane Embellisher

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

No help here.........since the old cling didn't work and/or started peeling off, I quit using it and haven't put it on either of my two new sets. I doubt that I'll even bother with it since I'm used to being without.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2019, 07:46 AM   #7  
Kookie Creator

Received 52 Likes on 21 Posts

I watched this video a couple of times before applying the new labels and had no trouble lining them up ( Always did in the past). Be sure to pay attention to the tip about where to hold the label before removing the 2nd half of the backing.

Before You Apply the New Stampin' Up! Cling Stamp Labels
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2019, 07:51 AM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

I sure hear these concerns! To ensure my stickers go on straight (can't stand crooked either, and these new stickers are one shot applicatioin). I actually went so far to make tiny marks (ball point pen) matching the design on the sponge from looking at the front of the stamp, then carried that tiny mark over to the actual rubber side, if that makes sense. This made it much easier to line up the new super sticky sticker. No, my stamps are no longer pretty with the marks on them, but boy was it easier to match the sticker designs, especially words. I am quite happy with how even they are. That being said, I did still struggle with the excess stickiness so some are not absolutely perfect. But... added a sticky note in the Stamp case to remind myself to stamp on scrap paper first to gauge how crooked the image or words are before ruining a project. Ahem....good luck everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2019, 09:21 AM   #9  
Mad Swapper

Received 495 Likes on 164 Posts

Wish I could help, but I quit using the stickers years ago. I trim my stamps really tight, and either use my stamp positioning tools or punch/die cut images or sentiments.
I have a friend who loves the strength of the new cling stickers, but I’m not sure how she applies them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2019, 12:56 PM   #10  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

This is the video I saw :

I liked the tip at the end where she used the excess part of the sticker sheet to put on older stamps to make them cling.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2019, 04:24 AM   #11  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1,378 Likes on 513 Posts

I have one set that is the new cling mount and they are incredibly sticky.....too sticky. I left the empty sticker sheet in the stamp case so that I could put the stamps back on it. I found that if I stuck them to the case, it was damaging the foam when I tried to remove them.

I did apply the leftover stickers to older sets and found that a small strip was perfect. The stamp clung nicely without it being difficult to remove from the block.

I will say, though, that this is too much trouble when a great solution exists and is used by other stamp companies - print the image on the stamp! When a company introduces a new concept, I would expect it to be an improvement to an existing solution. This seems like they are trying to improve the cling as cheaply as possible, which is making it cumbersome for customers. If SU! needs to know how to do this right, they should check out Stampers Anonymous. Those require no work-arounds or "tips" and they cling great.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2019, 05:35 PM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 180 Likes on 149 Posts

I too put 1/2 of the sticker on at a time. I also place the stamps back onto the sticker sheet and store them in my case. It's an easy fix and makes removing stamps easier to use. I hope you find a system that works for you so you can get to making beautiful cards with those stamps.
My Blog- Trusting in the Lord for Everything Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight. My Stampin' Up Website My Gallery, BRAK New Member Mentor. New Grandmother to Mia Lou. 1st Grandchild.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2019, 08:32 PM   #13  
Gallery Gazer

Received 97 Likes on 65 Posts

I like the new sticky backing. I was so tired of my stamps falling off the block, or having extra adhesive applied to the back to make them stick.

A tip I see no one else has posted...I like to save the paper backing you take off the stamp, it makes a perfect mask! No more stamping and fussy cutting. Works for me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2019, 04:22 AM   #14  

Received 1,378 Likes on 513 Posts

Pepperann, that is a fabulous tip! Wow! Thank you for sharing that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2019, 06:50 AM   #15  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 219 Likes on 134 Posts

Well said, Connie - I completely agree.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2019, 06:41 AM   #16  
Matboard Maniac

SU seems to be the only company with cling extremes. Either too little or too much.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2019, 06:35 AM   #17  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I LOVE the cling stamps. I use the Take your Pick tool spatula to help lift off the stamps from blocks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2019, 06:46 PM   #18  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Yes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lutheranView Post
Instead of picking up the sticker to apply to the stamp, do it the other way around. Leave the sticker sheet flat on your work table and remove the backing paper from one sticker only. Place the corresponding stamp down on the sticker, the backing paper still on around the sticker will allow for easy alignment and perfect placement. Then pick up the stamp and the sticker will be lined up exactly. My only beef with the new cling is getting them off the inside of the case to actually stamp with them. Wow, they are cling-y!
Mary Beth
This is the way Stampin Up and all the pros say to do it. It has worked very well for me. Of course I'm not a perfectionist.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2019, 06:49 PM   #19  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Cling stamps by Stampin Up

Quote:

Originally Posted by cnsteeleView Post
I have one set that is the new cling mount and they are incredibly sticky.....too sticky. I left the empty sticker sheet in the stamp case so that I could put the stamps back on it. I found that if I stuck them to the case, it was damaging the foam when I tried to remove them.

I did apply the leftover stickers to older sets and found that a small strip was perfect. The stamp clung nicely without it being difficult to remove from the block.

I will say, though, that this is too much trouble when a great solution exists and is used by other stamp companies - print the image on the stamp! When a company introduces a new concept, I would expect it to be an improvement to an existing solution. This seems like they are trying to improve the cling as cheaply as possible, which is making it cumbersome for customers. If SU! needs to know how to do this right, they should check out Stampers Anonymous. Those require no work-arounds or "tips" and they cling great.
At least we don't have to cut them out with power snips anymore!
Reply With Quote Likes