Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-01-2017, 02:50 PM   #41  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

If you trace on the vinyl around the stamp, then place it exactly the same way when you actually stamp it, it will be exactly the same size/shape when you cut it out so the image will line up properly with the stamp itself...

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2017, 07:33 PM   #42  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Indexing uncounted stamps

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoBelleView Post
You've got this! Yes, that's exactly what I did.
Thanks! What adhesive did you use to adhere the vinyl to the stamp? I think someone mentioned using Achieval ink instead of Stazon, too?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2017, 12:37 PM   #43  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

janesprando, I used Tombow Mono Liquid Glue. I'm trying to remember if I used Stazon or Memento Tuxedo Black. I have both. The main thing is you don't want it to smear. You are going to love it when you have finished organizing. I just smile every time I go to play in my craft room. I love knowing where my stamps are and I can use them on my MISTI or acrylic block.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2018, 09:39 AM   #44  
Glitter Guru

Received 862 Likes on 513 Posts

I just finished working on a bunch of wood stamps, and I think I am probably going to have issues with it later. I removed the block, leaving the foam, then I put Aleene's TIO&O on the back of the stamp. Then I took the sticker or a piece of laminated sheet with the image stamped with Stazon and laid it on the stamp, so I'd have the image, then applied one more layer of Aleene's on top of the sticker or laminate to adhere to the storage sheet. I wanted to be able to see what the image was and be able to easily swap them on different themed sheets if I wanted to. Hope my description makes sense... Guess I will leave it that way for now and see how it goes. But I am guessing it is going to give me problems later. Anyone else done it this way, and what result did you have?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2018, 08:09 PM   #45  
Glitter Guru

Smile

I noticed that some of the glue was pulling off some of the image on a few stamps when I pulled it away from the laminate, so I have broke down and ordered some of those cling sheets; although, I think it was a different brand than the one shown above. I think that will fix my problem.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2018, 08:55 PM   #46  
Glitter Guru

Smile

I got the cling sheets, and it is a little different than I though it would be. They don't instantly cling like some of the stamps I have. You have to press them down firmly for a few seconds to the plastic case or block you are using for them to cling. They won't cling at all to the laminate sheets I have. But I think it will work out alright. Just have to get used to storing them and using them differently.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2019, 02:00 AM   #47  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone come up with a creative idea for the wood blocks that are left over after taking the stamps off?
luvbngrandma
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2019, 11:14 PM   #48  
Glitter Guru

Here is a link to a thread we had about that a while back. Some thought painting them and making decorative letter blocks would be good. Also mod podging photos onto them was an idea. Some thought about cleaning them and donating them to a school or kid's group. I don't think they'd be good for really small kids though, as they put everything in their mouth. I thought it would be cute to put paint and stickers on them and Mod Podge them for bigger kids to play with. I made a remote control holder with some years ago and painted it. I took my time with it, and made sure it was perfectly even and all the blocks were smooth.
Uses for those stamp blocks...Don't throw those blocks away! - Splitcoaststampers

Last edited by hoptownracer1; 03-07-2019 at 11:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2019, 08:30 AM   #49  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 488 Likes on 307 Posts

wondering if anyone here has used the Tack n Peel on their acrylic blocks. It is a permanent ( I think) cushiony sticky material that allows you to use bare rubber.....when not using the block it must be covered with the acetate sheet or it will pick up dust, paper, hair ect. I think one drawback would be needing to do several sizes of blocks in order to handle everything well....and the other--? I have about it is using cling mounted stamps on the Tack n Peel........If you want to see it in action, go to Stampscapes 101:Video ?? about trimming and mounting stamps and they show how to use it.

Card Sketch Challenge 1-227 done only 396+ to go to be caught up!!!!!

-90 and sweating

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2019, 10:30 AM   #50  
Glitter Guru

Is this the video?

Did I understand right? Does it just work for bare rubber stamps and not the clear ones? Wondering if anyone has used this on their stamp platform and what their experience was with it. Think I'll just stick with using tape runner each time and rubbing it off the rubber stamp when I'm finished; easier and cheaper; so that might work better for me.

Last edited by hoptownracer1; 03-13-2019 at 10:33 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2019, 02:19 PM   #51  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 488 Likes on 307 Posts

Yes, that is the video....He only shows bare rubber on it...If you put a stamp with cling cushion on the tnp the adhesive on the tnp might rip off the image cling or damage teh cling foam i guess....I am going to ask some folks who use it to find more information. I do know that you don't have to clean the bare rubber after you remove it from the tack n' peel.

Card Sketch Challenge 1-227 done only 396+ to go to be caught up!!!!!

-90 and sweating

Reply With Quote Likes