Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-07-2019, 04:20 PM   #1  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SU sale a bration

I am usually not a “ grumpy” person - but I am just wondering if anyone else is as frustrated as I am with this years SU sale a bration items being “ out of stock/no longer available” long before the end of the event? The organdy ribbon was “back in stock” 2 days ago and already is no longer available. WHAT...!!!??? When the catalog comes out - I like to plan my purchases for each month, choosing a sale a bration item each month because that’s how I have to budget my purchases. That did not work at all this year. Items were constantly coming up as being “no longer available “. Why would they even print a catalog with a starting date and an ending date if the items in the catalog may not even be available during that entire time period? “While supplies
last “ just doesn’t justify poor planning. This is great for SU - but extremely frustrating for the customer! Could it be so wrong to for the company to “plan” better so products are available throughout the event and then place “ left overs” on the retired list or clearance rack? Sometimes we just need to vent and commiserate! It’s therapeutic!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2019, 04:57 PM   #2  
Gallery Gazer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I completely agree. Quantities should at least last as long as the promo!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2019, 05:28 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 358 Likes on 197 Posts

Agree! You don't even want to get me on that soapbox, so I'll leave it at that!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2019, 09:47 PM   #4  
Stampin' Fool

I agree planning of quantities needed were not very well projected this year. In mid Feb. there was 4 items not available. SU was down to just stamp sets and an EF by end Feb. So they added 6 or 8 items to beef up the level one selections. Some are past items, some are current cattie items all of which are probably things that did not sell or are not selling. The one item added that surprised me was the Painted Seasons DSP. This DSP is part of a level 2 bundle. Don't think that was right to do.

As far as while supplies last I understand. Can't project exact numbers but think they could have projected so is was at least another 10 days before items started to be sold out.

I think part of problem might have been the starter kit promo. Maybe more people signed up to get the discount and new bag they are selling than expected.

There's also a bundle in the occasions cattie you can't order because the punch won't be available until SAB is over
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2019, 10:08 AM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

Whoever does SU's market research needs to redefine their target groups-not just for Sale-A-Bration but for all their products. A retailer can only be profitable and provide good customer service if they're adequately stocked. Have they done recent surveys to what both demonstrators and customers would like to see offered? I'm partial, but I can't believe there's more than 20% of their base that wants frogs
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2019, 11:10 AM   #6  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

I am not a SU demo or anything-though I do order from time to time- so I am not sure what the deal is with Sale A bron stuff. I did not have the sense that it is "clearance" whereby limited quantities makes sense. There are separate clearance sales as I recall?

I thought it was stuff they decided to offer on sale to promote buying regular price items. In which case, I agree-they need to have a good supply. Running out is a fast way to turn people off.
I personally did not like anything in either of the sale a bron cats this year. except the calla lillies but I already have a lot of those. Which is not normal but there you are. I combined my order of reg cat items with a friend so we had enough for her to get a die set she wanted from sale a bron.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2019, 03:55 PM   #7  
Stampin' Fool

Received 35 Likes on 6 Posts

I liked the metallic paper that sold out.

I'm on the fence about the cupcake stamp set, but I'm really annoyed that the dies are $27!!!!!!! Why not have an $8 - $12 die set that's one die that cuts out the entire cupcake image? I have no incentive to earn a free item that requires an additional $27 die set. There's only one real image in the set?!?! Also, if you're going to do dies to cut out the cupcake, I wouldn't give the cupcake a shadow at the bottom. It's neater to just have one cohesive cupcake shape.
A lot of the stuff just isn't my style or is sold in rubber only.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2019, 06:37 PM   #8  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 839 Likes on 277 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by beye123View Post
I am usually not a “ grumpy” person - but I am just wondering if anyone else is as frustrated as I am with this years SU sale a bration items being “ out of stock/no longer available” long before the end of the event? The organdy ribbon was “back in stock” 2 days ago and already is no longer available. WHAT...!!!??? When the catalog comes out - I like to plan my purchases for each month, choosing a sale a bration item each month because that’s how I have to budget my purchases. That did not work at all this year. Items were constantly coming up as being “no longer available “. Why would they even print a catalog with a starting date and an ending date if the items in the catalog may not even be available during that entire time period? “While supplies
last “ just doesn’t justify poor planning. This is great for SU - but extremely frustrating for the customer! Could it be so wrong to for the company to “plan” better so products are available throughout the event and then place “ left overs” on the retired list or clearance rack? Sometimes we just need to vent and commiserate! It’s therapeutic!
Please write to SU to explain your frustrations. Us demos speak for our customers but also hearing directly from the customers can really help let SU know that demos aren't overreacting when we say our customers are frustrated.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2019, 06:42 PM   #9  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 839 Likes on 277 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavejumperView Post
I am not a SU demo or anything-though I do order from time to time- so I am not sure what the deal is with Sale A bron stuff. I did not have the sense that it is "clearance" whereby limited quantities makes sense. There are separate clearance sales as I recall?

I thought it was stuff they decided to offer on sale to promote buying regular price items. In which case, I agree-they need to have a good supply. Running out is a fast way to turn people off.
I personally did not like anything in either of the sale a bron cats this year. except the calla lillies but I already have a lot of those. Which is not normal but there you are. I combined my order of reg cat items with a friend so we had enough for her to get a die set she wanted from sale a bron.
The free merchandise that can be earned during Sale-A-Bration are made specifically for SAB. Sometimes when some of the free items run out SU will supplement with items out of the catalogs. The items are not discounted or clearance items, they are current products that are within a certain price range that are offered as a free reward for every $50 (or $100) spent.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2019, 07:05 AM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arlene_CView Post
Agree! You don't even want to get me on that soapbox, so I'll leave it at that!

Same!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2019, 06:55 PM   #11  
Glitter Queen

I agree with you all, I believe there is more going on than we know. You can't tell me that you reorder ribbon and its out of stock in one day, who is doing the calculating?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2019, 07:54 PM   #12  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,901 Likes on 2,174 Posts

Maybe they should go back to having regular items available for free as sale-a baration items! Remember when they had a long list of items from the catalog that you could get for free? Then they would have those on hand.

I love SU! And hate saying anything negative but ever since Shelli left the helm, this has been going on and getting worse. Even my demo gets frustrated with things being out of stock so quickly. I think a little less concentration on cruises and a little more attention to ordering is in order! As I said, I love SU because the quality is terrific, but quality doesn't help if you can't get your hands on stuff!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2019, 02:01 PM   #13  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

Thanks Beaaddict. I thought I remembered it like Kathy said-it was regular items they made available for bonus, but that is how out of the loop/rarely I order I guess. How long ago was it that way? If you say 20 years I will rip out my hair....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2019, 02:12 PM   #14  
Stampin' Fool

Received 35 Likes on 6 Posts

I remember there being a nice list of regular catalog items -- maybe about 10 different things -- around 2013 to 2015. So that's just 3-5 years ago. It was the SAB campaign that had the Sycamore Street collection.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2019, 02:23 PM   #15  
Stampin' Fool

There was 4 Framelit sets that was added 3/1 to purchase. They are/were to go with SAB items. Well it's only 3/11 and two of them are sold out!! That's only a 10 days supply. Unless something changes next year I'm done with SAB.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2019, 02:48 PM   #16  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazysuziestamperView Post
There was 4 Framelit sets that was added 3/1 to purchase. They are/were to go with SAB items. Well it's only 3/11 and two of them are sold out!! That's only a 10 days supply. Unless something changes next year I'm done with SAB.

That's exactly why we changed our card class to march 2nd! I was afraid if we waited even just one more week they would sell out of what I wanted!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2019, 03:06 PM   #17  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazysuziestamperView Post
Great! I hope the Lily die cut is still available. Thats the only thing I need.I am about done with SU. Prices keep rising and I am not getting richer some one is tho and its not me. Rant over.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2019, 07:09 AM   #18  
Insane Embellisher

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

I just got an email from my demo and they have added more things from the annual catty.........looks to me like things that weren't selling..........sigh....! I did email customer service and voiced my opinion. I got a reply stating "she" would pass it on but as far as I know, that person could be off-shore and my comment could go no where.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2019, 09:05 AM   #19  
Matboard Maniac

Default added to SAB

Oh this annoys me. Really. I placed an order with my demo but didn't add another $4 or $5 because there weren't any of the bonus items I wanted. Now they've added the mini pizza boxes--and I have already paid for those twice. I agree--no more SAB for me--it's not set up to really make upping a customer's order worth it. The end.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2019, 10:28 AM   #20  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,716 Likes on 649 Posts

I have not ordered anything yet to get in on the SAB items. But I agree, this whole thing is very annoying.

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2019, 12:53 PM   #21  
Inking Addict

I am hoping that somehow, someway SU notices these comments. I do NOT want them to fail. I am a loyal customer and think they have some of the best products and one of the best business models i.e., demonstrators, sales, rewards etc. However at this time - things are not moving in the right direction. If a company does not pay attention to, value and take care of their customers - someone else will! I hope they “fix it”!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2019, 01:44 PM   #22  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by beye123View Post
I am hoping that somehow, someway SU notices these comments. I do NOT want them to fail. I am a loyal customer and think they have some of the best products and one of the best business models i.e., demonstrators, sales, rewards etc. However at this time - things are not moving in the right direction. If a company does not pay attention to, value and take care of their customers - someone else will! I hope they “fix it”!
Well stated!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2019, 04:33 PM   #23  
Matboard Maniac

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

As frustrating as it is, I don't think the sell outs are just an SU! thing. CTMH is experiencing the same issues. They had catalog items sell out less than one month after the catalog went live to customers. Maybe there is an increase in paper crafting sales that no one expected? Just a thought.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2019, 05:27 PM   #24  
Proud Fan Club Member

I might believe that except for two reasons. One is that its not one or two things they run out of and two, this hardly ever happened a few years ago. It probably wouldn't be so frustrating if they ordered more to fill orders placed during the sale dates but it looks like they won't be doing that. I can't complain because my order came today and everything was in it. And SU is my favorite company. But I know if I spent enough money to get to the $100 level and then they told me what I wanted wasn't available, I'd be very disappointed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2019, 05:41 PM   #25  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryLisaKView Post
As frustrating as it is, I don't think the sell outs are just an SU! thing. CTMH is experiencing the same issues. They had catalog items sell out less than one month after the catalog went live to customers. Maybe there is an increase in paper crafting sales that no one expected? Just a thought.

I know a couple CTMH people who have been complaining about lots of things selling out of their catalog too. They had to change their workshop project several times before they got one that they could order the supplies for...

Maybe it is that there is a change in the market that is not clear (could be lower or higher), and neither company has yet figured out how much to order.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2019, 03:12 PM   #26  
Insane Embellisher

Location: Just north of the 49th in a little corner of Heaven!

I'm pretty sure there are no "off-shore" call centres at Stampin' Up! Everyone is in the US.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2019, 05:50 PM   #27  
Insane Embellisher

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

I am not impressed with any of the SAB items, I am a hobby demo and have not ordered a thing! I do need to place an order and I will look and see what is still available. I liked one sentiment on the lily set "our thoughts..." that's not worth spending $150 to get free! I have friends who order from me, and the complaint is how expensive SU is getting. I know the products are good quality, but a lot of the new sets seem to be a remake of old sets, and the dies can be expensive compared to other brands. I know the demos who earn these trips work hard to earn them, but in the long run, I believe it will cost loss of customers and demos.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2019, 05:59 PM   #28  
Matboard Maniac

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Beye123, I agree with you. I ordered the organdy ribbon, when the Sale-A-Bration first came out and got it. I loved it so much, when I placed my next order, a couple of weeks later, I wanted more and it said out of stock. I was so disappointed.

BUT, the best piece of advice I can give you is this: Write the company. You may think they won't care about "little ole' me" but they do! We are their customers and they want to hear our feedback, including compliments and complaints. I've complained to them, loud and clear! And they are really good about responding back to me.

I LOVE Stampin' Up! I know there are a lot of other great companies out there, but for me, SU! just has the best products.

I would absolutely shoot them an e-mail and let them know how disappointed you were. You may have already done that though. That is how companies make changes. They listen to their customer - who essentially pays them. :-) (Or rather, they should listen to their customers)!

Beth

Last edited by Lamborghini Gal; 03-14-2019 at 06:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2019, 02:49 PM   #29  
Inking Addict

Thank you Beth for your comments. There are approximately 30 comments on this thread. If we all sent a message to SU, it could be even that more meaningful!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2019, 03:04 PM   #30  
Matboard Maniac

beye123, I would be glad to. I think we need to figure out what we want the general message to be.

I was thinking about something last night, because of what you posted. I wonder if Stampn' Up! sends out surveys to their demonstrators, who in turn, can send them to us? It could be a short one, of only 20 or 30 questions - but long enough, to gauge what they are doing right, wrong, and missing the mark on. I have had a demonstrator for about 4 years now, and I haven't had a survey sent to me. Maybe SU! does that, but if they don't, they should!

I really was shocked at the price of the Call Me Cupcake framelits. I think it was $27.00. I do think SU has wonderful products, but they are really pricing some of their items too high. And they knew those framelits would probably sell like hot cakes, since a lot of folks, myself included, wanted those, to go with the Hello Cupcake stamp set.

Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2019, 03:06 PM   #31  
Proud Fan Club Member

I sent an email yesterday and just got a response this morning. This is the first paragraph:

"Please know that we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and voice your concerns. I have passed your thoughts along to the appropriate departments for them to review. Please be advised that we may not receive any information regarding the follow-up of this issue. However, if we do, we will let you know."

I sent them a link to this thread too, in case they want to see what's being said. I also voiced my opinion that it isn't just during SAB, but that I've noticed backordering happening a lot in the past two-three years, more than ever since I've been buying in 2009.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2019, 03:16 PM   #32  
Matboard Maniac

Beye123, I just e-mailed Stampin' Up! Below is what I wrote. I hope I hear back. I will let you know.

Hello,

I have a question.I have had a demonstrator the last four years. She is wonderful! My question is, does Stampin’ Up! ever send out periodical surveys to their customers or demonstrators, who can then send it to their customers?

If you don’t, Ireally think it would be a good idea to consider. I think a survey, even a short one, of maybe 30 questions, could really give SU! some insight in to what they are doing right, wrong, or could improve on. I think some ofthe questions should refer to our satisfaction or lack thereof, for items thatare available for a limited time, that sell out immediately. Additionally, I definitely think some questions regarding price points on yourproducts should be asked. I honestly was shocked and a little frustratedthat the Call Me Cupcake framelits were, I believe, $27.00! I orderedthem, though, because I got the Hello Cupcake and wanted the coordinatingdies. I think a fair price for this set, could have been much morereasonable, maybe around $17.00 or $18.00.

I realize you mayalready send out surveys, and maybe I just haven’t gotten one. If youdon’t, you really should bring this matter up, in the next meeting. Thecustomers are the ones who keep you in business, and I think it’s veryimportant to get their feedback.

I love SU! I justthink it would be really nice, if you offered a survey for yourcustomers. We do like to be heard.

Thank you,

Beth Wilson

THE WORDS THAT ARE STRUNG TOGETHER, THE COMPUTER DID. THE E-MAIL I SENT, DID NOT HAVE THE WORDS LIKE THAT. I DECIDED NOT TO EDIT IT, SINCE THAT ISN'T THE WAY THEY LOOKED, WHEN I E-MAILED SU.
<sub></sub><sup></sup>

Last edited by Lamborghini Gal; 03-15-2019 at 03:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2019, 03:35 PM   #33  
Gallery Gazer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think a survey is a fantastic idea! I did have a survey sent to me when I received Paper Pumpkin, but all it was was what we’re my favourite months an projects. There was no place to write a comment of any kind. A real survey seeks the customer’s opinion and gives an opportunity to do so. Are they afraid of negativity?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2019, 03:54 PM   #34  
Matboard Maniac

cardmaker2, I agree. Any company, should be open to compliments, suggestions or even complaints.

Stampin' Up! is not a big company, but, I know that some companies get so big, they don't "hear" the customer, or just don't listen.

SU! is my favorite company. I also love Simon Says Stamp, Ellen Hutson and Gina K. Designs. But my heart is with SU! :-) LOL

Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2019, 11:21 PM   #35  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts

Stampin Up has also been my favorite company, but I’m not a fan of the way they are doing business lately, and I don’t feel they are taking care of me as a customer, so I’ve taken my business elsewhere.

I don’t like inventory that is only available for very brief periods and then permanently taken off the market - especially when it’s offered in a catalogue that supposedly runs for a number of months. If SU can’t afford to have enough inventory so everyone that wants items can buy them, then maybe it’s time they change the way they do business and keep items current for longer periods of time. That way if inventory runs out, then we’d have the option of purchasing it at a later date when they can get it back in stock. There have to be solutions to SU’s problem - they just need to look for them.

If SU can’t provide product, there are lots of other companies who have wonderful stamping items for sale. When I started looking elsewhere, I realized there are lots of stamp companies with lovely product and most have cheaper prices than SU, so I’ll likely continue to buy elsewhere. I think Stampin Up is going to lose more customers than me, unless they can turn this around quickly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2019, 05:00 AM   #36  
Matboard Maniac

LifesABeach48, that was well said, and I think you were absolutely right, in all that covered. You would think SU! would want to know all this, but it appears (and maybe I'm wrong) that they don't really listen to the customer.

I don't like the way they retire products. In my opinion, they don't keep them near long enough. Thankfully, I have quite a few bundles that I bought when they came out, that I love, love, love! ;-) But now, those wonderful stamp sets are gone! History. AND, this is the worse part, to me: Ebay will have those retired stamps or bundles, and some - many, even brand spanking new. But it will be marked way up! As in $78.00 for a bundle that would have cost $45.00 (or around that) at Stampin' Up! A few, very few, are marked at a super reasonable price, with shipping. But I too wish SU! kept things around longer.

Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2019, 09:02 AM   #37  
Insane Embellisher

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

I received the same canned answer as Muscrat........it's been several days and nothing else has come from any department.......I realize it might take some time and I sincerely hope everyone sends them their thoughts too. It's a good company and I like the direction the stamps, colors etc. have been going the last couple years. That being said, not being able to get items from the special catalogs AND Sale-A-Bration items being limited is an issue.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2019, 11:29 AM   #38  
Inking Addict

This is great! Keep sending messages to SU. I subscribe to many blogs and often voice my opinion to the demonstrators encouraging them to pass my ideas and opinions on to SU. Most do. One idea I had was to sell markers as a single item, again. Who wants to buy a whole set if you just need to add or replace one or two colors? Again - a great profit strategy for SU- not favorable for customers. Obviously nothing has changed so far - I am hoping maybe in the next annual catalog. I love the idea of “surveying” customers. If we see that come into the future, we will know that SU truly cares what their customers think and want , AND that they valued the ideas from right here on THIS thread! I remember completing a “random” survey years ago and as a thank you got a free stamp set! Bring those times back! A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what’s expected - or in this case maybe “spend” more than what’s expected ...???? Sending a message to a SU, getting a reply, whether it’s a canned message or not - we need to believe that they will still get the “picture” - message after message after message has to have a SOME impact - don’t you agree? Again - I think most of us don’t want SU to fail - just get it fixed!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2019, 11:39 AM   #39  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,716 Likes on 649 Posts

Could not agree more about those markers. And also, getting the new colors, but packaged with other colors that I already have, and don't need more of, as shown on page 182.

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2019, 11:51 AM   #40  
Inking Addict

Shirl, My point exactly! E-mail SU!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes