Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-26-2019, 05:35 AM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Not knowing what you have funny

All the talk about inks and reinkers inspired me to go thru what I have, a lot of which I've has for a really long time. Some of my dried up pads are not even made anymore, so I decided to see if any of the reinkers I had were of a similar ink and could be used instead. They are unusable right now anyway so no big loss if it doesn't work or I just don't like the result after mixing them.

So I'm taking inventory of what I have and specially pulling out any permanent, waterproof reinkers. Imagine my surprise, delight and then embarrassment when I realized that I had reinkers for 2 of the mini pads that I just could not bring myself to toss. Sure glad I didn't, now. They have been dried out for a really long time and I have come close to tossing them several times.

Confession it's not like I have tons if inks and especially reinkers either. I'll bet I only have just over a dozen reinkers, how hard is that to keep up with.

sheeesssh :oops:
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2019, 07:49 AM   #2  
Glitter Guru

Received 853 Likes on 510 Posts

Don't feel bad! I know I have a brown and a black bottle of StazOn reinker. Ask me where I put them.. I can't find them, and I know I have them. Constantly looking for things that I put in specific places; drives me nuts! Although, sometimes something can be sitting right in front of me and I don't see them!
I recently discovered that a couple of my ink pads had melted as they were so old. They were the little Cat's Eye ones. I figure there is no need to replace them, if I didn't even use them enough to notice they were melted. lol...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2019, 03:03 AM   #3  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I spend more time looking for something than crafting.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2019, 04:02 AM   #4  
Mad Swapper

I bought two Stazon pads kits back when. I can now only find the white reinker, have no idea what/where the black reinker is. I'm not a Stazon fan & think of them as an "opps wish I hadn't spent the money" so I'm not worried about it but still... Like I said before I don't have that many reinkers to begin with so how can I lose one.

I do not lose things on my desk, my muse hides them from me, that's my story and I'm sticking to it ;-)

So what Good Grief stories do y'all have to share?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2019, 05:40 AM   #5  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now that you mention it... After consolidating 3 houses and centralizing all the various and different craft supplies into my craft studio.. Spent more time looking for an item... Finally working on creating an inventory and master list in a binder...

BTW How do you keep your space neat and tidy?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2019, 05:43 AM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Necessary Herbs?

I laughed as I read the lost items entries since I spent two days searching for an item in my craft room.
The funniest part was the ad interspersed with the comments advertising herbs to help with dementia.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2019, 08:38 AM   #7  
Cardstock Collector

I have a box in one of my drawers for "back ups" where I keep extra glue, tape, re-inkers, doubles, etc. Stuff I don't need until I do!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2019, 09:02 AM   #8  
Glitter Guru

Received 853 Likes on 510 Posts

Oh my gosh! This made me laugh!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeachybabyView Post
I laughed as I read the lost items entries since I spent two days searching for an item in my craft room.
The funniest part was the ad interspersed with the comments advertising herbs to help with dementia.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2019, 11:47 AM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Organization Tip

I seem to spend more time organizing than crafting. I just found an app called Airtable. I am listing my stamp sets with pictures. I tried the notebook thing but never used it. I live in a humid place. The notebooks rusted and fell apart. On my phone and iPad I have the list with me so I don’t buy the same supplies again. Hope to do inks, embossing folders, etc. later. I am also saying where they are in my craft room. Very important!

Last edited by vestamc; 02-27-2019 at 11:48 AM.. Reason: misspelling
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2019, 12:00 PM   #10  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

That is funny about the ad.

There is usually some MIA item...right now I am looking for an EF I laid aside to run some for a friend...now I cant find it. It is a 5 x 7 3D, so it isn't small. I do have a couple tiny hearts I found a long time ago I think belong to Lawn Fawn...those REALLLY tiny ones that are cute as heck and also get lost in a hypersecond. They are in my Lost and Found.

As organized as I am..... One day a thing is over here and the next day it is over there and I think I am going nuts b/c I don't remember moving it till I realize I have two of them. Reminds of the Patty Duke show and the games they played. And then of course they BOTH disappear....and that is when I may start riding in the cuss car...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2019, 03:00 PM   #11  
Glitter Queen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh my, I feel better knowing I am not alone looking for misplaced items in my craft room. I am searching for my s/u peacock stamp that is a few years old and would question whether I only imagined owning it except that I have a card made with the stamp. And the search continues.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2019, 03:36 PM   #12  
Stampin' Fool

Received 88 Likes on 33 Posts

I often find my missing Misti magnets (say that quickly 3 times!) on the BACK of the Misti.

Be sure to put netting or an old stocking over the tube of your vacuum cleaner to catch all those tiny 'missings' that fell out of sight.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2019, 03:38 PM   #13  
Gallery Gazer

This has been quit entertaining I have a twist of sorts. I have found a little clear heart that I had never seen, not part of any set I owned nor anything I borrowed... so yeah! What goes on in there when unattended??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2019, 04:36 PM   #14  
Kookie Creator

I could have written many of those posts myself! LOL Makes me feel better to know I'm not alone.
Dea
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2019, 07:37 PM   #15  
Crimping Master

So reassuring. I was beginning to worry about myself.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2019, 09:43 PM   #16  
Matboard Maniac

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

In my case I always seem to be looking for things, but fortunately I usually find it, especially thanks to the great tips from these forums (look under other stuff, check for stamps stuck to stamp sleeves and boxes, etc.). However, I am certain I bought a particular set of dies several years ago that I just can't seem to find. My demo is also sure I got them and has helped me look. I like to believe they're somewhere in my craft room, very proud of themselves for winning at hide and seek.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2019, 05:46 AM   #17  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

They're somewhere in my craft room, very proud of themselves for winning at hide and seek
yep

Tried to find my jar of micro bead recently but could not find them, found the other jar of ultra tiny ones but the regular sized ones are still mia.

I know I bought them... I'm almost positive... I'm pretty sure...ummm???

Storage: DH dumpster dived a couple of divided trays at work that have two dozen spots each to store things. I think they originally held nuts, bolts, screws etc. They are the perfect size for reinkers, spritzer-sprayers, acrylic paint bottles/tubes and anything else around that size.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2019, 07:52 AM   #18  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

Added bonus of crafting: memory testing, space evaluation ("it cant be there, too big"), organization (so I wont lose it again/while I am here looking for x), humility, humor and temper management.

We are saving money not having to pay for those kinds of puzzles and games. (or therapy) Although right now I am playing one called June's Journey which is find item based/murder mystery/design property. We will see if it helps in my craft room....just got tired of the candy crush variations. It's free.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2019, 08:12 AM   #19  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavejumperView Post
Added bonus of crafting: memory testing, space evaluation ("it cant be there, too big"), organization (so I wont lose it again/while I am here looking for x), humility, humor and temper management.

We are saving money not having to pay for those kinds of puzzles and games. (or therapy) Although right now I am playing one called June's Journey which is find item based/murder mystery/design property. We will see if it helps in my craft room....just got tired of the candy crush variations. It's free.
A positive spin. Great.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2019, 04:57 PM   #20  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 245 Likes on 132 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoptownracer1View Post
Don't feel bad! I know I have a brown and a black bottle of StazOn reinker. Ask me where I put them.. I can't find them, and I know I have them. Constantly looking for things that I put in specific places; drives me nuts! Although, sometimes something can be sitting right in front of me and I don't see them!
I recently discovered that a couple of my ink pads had melted as they were so old. They were the little Cat's Eye ones. I figure there is no need to replace them, if I didn't even use them enough to notice they were melted. lol...

I could have written this word for word!
Reply With Quote Likes