Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-12-2019, 03:17 PM   #1  
Stampin' Fool

Received 35 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Can anyone convince me that...

I don't need this stamp set?

https://waffleflower.com/products/be...nt=40224150279

What sets are tempting you these days?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2019, 04:26 PM   #2  
Gallery Gazer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

DO you WANT to be convinced?? Okay, .... ;)

it’s pretty simple design, you could probably draw similar images with a fine point pen .
You really wanted to spend your 16$ on a donation to the local Chapture of the Heart and Stroke Society.

It’s probably going to be out of stock anyway, so your interest will wane in the interim and you will wonder why you ordered it, when it arrives sometime in May.

How is that to start..?

The set that just tempted me enough to order is StampinUp new doily set and dies.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2019, 04:48 PM   #3  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Is that a little bird on top of the bear’s head? It’s very cute, but kind of throws me. I’d want to be able to separate them - and none of the sentiments refer to the head-sitting bird. Maybe masking would work and then draw the curve of the bear’s head if wanting to de-bird the bear. Or de-bear the bird.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2019, 05:53 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 290 Likes on 114 Posts

I'm not going to talk you out of it, for sure. lol! Even though it's not my "thing", I see lots of possibilities using the pieces/parts separate and apart from the bear/bird duo. The sprays of leaves and the flowers could be used lots of ways, and the cup or camera or other bits could be used with numerous other stamps and in numerous other ways.

I seem to be trending toward mixed media-ish stamps (even though I'm sort of allergic) and "themes". I just bought several wine-themed stamps that I plan to use to make a gift set of coasters and refrigerator magnets for one of my daughters. I'm thinking that I want to make gifts and things rather than cards (or maybe in addition to them), so I'm viewing stamps differently now.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2019, 06:23 PM   #5  
Stampin' Fool

Sue the wine-themed stuff would be perfect for bottle tags. If your daughter gives wine as a gift, maybe she could also use some wine bottle tags?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2019, 06:27 PM   #6  
Stampin' Fool

Oh, and you did a fabulous job of convincing me that I don't need the bear and bird set. I do find it super cute, and having a bird on one's head feels very natural to me, since I often have a real live bird on my head, lol. But I know that I don't need it. I need to shop my own stash for once.

Okay, I'll admit it. I'm also craving this stamp:

https://concordand9th.com/products/marbled-turnabout

and this:

BG Marble Background — My Favorite Things
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2019, 06:44 PM   #7  
Gallery Gazer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On a similar vein, I was thinking your ‘talk me out of’ would be a fun new thread idea... right now I need to be talked out of wanting chocolate...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2019, 07:29 PM   #8  
Stampin' Fool

Mmmm.... Now I want chocolate too!

Absolutely! We could start a new thread or people could just ask for help right here.

Of course, we'd probably all just enable each other, lol.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2019, 02:46 AM   #9  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 292 Likes on 127 Posts

I went looking for a specific stamp at the weekend. It was out of stock but another section of the store had 50% off and despite the fact I keep telling myself I do not need more florals, I ended up with iris, peony and teasel stamps! They’re back at full price now I see so I can tell myself I really SAVED money :lol:

Actually, they have the perfect sentiment stamp to complement this thread: here

The bear/bird stamp is cute but I wonder if it’s one you might tire of quickly? Cardmaker2 did a great job talking you down

My blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2019, 03:30 AM   #10  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 587 Likes on 240 Posts

If you like cute, get it, the sentiments are pretty versatile. I don't do cute so I have passed on every Waffle Flower set ever.
Mary Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2019, 04:46 AM   #11  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1,378 Likes on 513 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardmaker2View Post
On a similar vein, I was thinking your ‘talk me out of’ would be a fun new thread idea... right now I need to be talked out of wanting chocolate...

In good conscience, I can't talk you out of it......because my husband showed me this article two nights ago:

Genetic engineering could save chocolate from going extinct - Business Insider

I will have to begin stockpiling now with the quantities I consume!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2019, 05:12 AM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

I love the Marbled Turnabout stamp, but until I use their first turnabout - triangles - I'm not buying another one. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2019, 05:15 AM   #13  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoboken PaperView Post
Oh, and you did a fabulous job of convincing me that I don't need the bear and bird set. I do find it super cute, and having a bird on one's head feels very natural to me, since I often have a real live bird on my head, lol. But I know that I don't need it. I need to shop my own stash for once.

Okay, I'll admit it. I'm also craving this stamp:

https://concordand9th.com/products/marbled-turnabout

and this:

BG Marble Background — My Favorite Things
Concord and 9th turnabout stamps are neat - I have a couple. Of the two I’d nab theirs, because it can be used from no rotations up to four, giving looks from simple to most marbled, and from one color to four, or from light to dark of one color.

P.S. I thought the bird on the bear head was cute, just would prefer versatility of having the bird on or off head, nearby, solo, etc. I tend not to make cute cards but like that bear’s expression.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2019, 05:39 AM   #14  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,551 Likes on 667 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelnorthView Post
I went looking for a specific stamp at the weekend. It was out of stock but another section of the store had 50% off and despite the fact I keep telling myself I do not need more florals, I ended up with iris, peony and teasel stamps! They’re back at full price now I see so I can tell myself I really SAVED money :lol:

The bear/bird stamp is cute but I wonder if it’s one you might tire of quickly? Cardmaker2 did a great job talking you down
These are gorgeous!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2019, 06:35 AM   #15  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

Do you have a little bird in any other set? You could stack them on your own...

I love BG stamps so I love both of those marbles....I agree the turnabout is the more versatile. If you do it w pigment on colored paper that could be a color in itself. I want it if I don't have it because I can see doing a gold layer...I am on the run now and cant think.

Ohhh.....Joanne...those are beautiful! And I never heard of teasel before...fast/best way to get me to break down on a floral stamp. I don't know that company either so now I have to go looking at them too....one thing I love about British companies is the country's love of flowers and the different ones I can get there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2019, 07:04 AM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 290 Likes on 114 Posts

Regarding the florals Joanne bought - gorgeous! I have too many florals already, as well, but that peony is different from any/all that I own and I may need to see if it's available for shipping across the pond...

Regarding the marble stamps in general - there are so many ways to create a marbled look with supplies that you already have, and have each be unique, that I would hesitate on any/all of them (and I don't really "do" techniques). Having said that, I agree with Beth on the versatility of the turnabout version...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2019, 08:18 AM   #17  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 292 Likes on 127 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzgurlView Post
Regarding the florals Joanne bought - gorgeous! I have too many florals already, as well, but that peony is different from any/all that I own and I may need to see if it's available for shipping across the Pond....

It’s big too - about 6” tall! They do ship internationally but at a flat rate that means you’d have to be making a pretty significant order to make it worthwhile paying for shipping. You may do better to liaise with a local enabler ;)

I’m hoping to have time to play on Friday. I can report back on how it stamps if folk are interested (I’ve not had stamps from Bee Crafty before).

My blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2019, 09:24 AM   #18  
Matboard Maniac

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I wouldn't dream of trying to convince you that you don't need a stamp set, or that stamp set. I know how I am!

You asked what sets are temping us these days. I have fallen pretty hard for Stampin' Up! bundles. I tend to watch YouTube videos and if I see a SU! stamp set I love, bam, next thing you know, I ordered it. I do prefer bundles though. I love having the coordinating dies with the SS. Recently I got the Climbing Orchid bundle, the Humming Along bundle and a while back, the Barn Door bundle.

Besides, you only live once. It's stamps, not a supercar. I say, if you really like something, go for it! :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2019, 04:11 PM   #19  
Stampin' Fool

Received 88 Likes on 33 Posts

I will not try to talk you out of it. It's whimsical so I love looking at it. I don't make whimsical cards so it's not on my list. I just have no whimsical recipients who would appreciate it!

I used to buy because I liked an image, but now I only buy stamps that I can imagine actually making card with!
I took advantage of Ellen Hutson's 20% off all stamps this past weekend to buy some that I had never seen anywhere else, Or the other companies' shipping is too high. 3 Backgrounds, 2 sentiment sets, layering flowers, and one with chocolate candies and the pleated paper cups they come in!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2019, 09:38 PM   #20  
Stampin' Fool

I’m a sucker for background stamps and cute stuff and great sentiments in great fonts.

I caved and bought the MFT marble background. I decided that the Concord and 9th has too much of a focus on the center of the design.

Still holding on the bird and bear for now...but bought way too much this weekend during the big sales.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2019, 07:23 PM   #21  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 283 Likes on 183 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelnorthView Post

I had no idea what a teasle was...then I saw the stamp, and that sentiment!! LOVE it! Dandelions are common weeds, but in full bloom, I think they are gorgeous. Such a vibrant yellow.

Poor dandelions get no respect. :rolleyes:
Kim in Illinois, Dirty Dozen Alum, QFTD#207, FS798, VSN Moderator
"Famous Last Words" Spring Virtual Stamp Night, April 19 & 20
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2019, 02:23 PM   #22  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it's a very cute set, but the bear looks a little sad to me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2019, 05:25 PM   #23  
Stampin' Fool

Lol, oh no! Poor sad bear. I don’t know why, but there’s something about that image that I really love.

I need this set like I need a hole in the head. I have Concord and 9th Hugs and Ellen Hutson All Inside. I’m sure that I have even more bears, if I go and look.
Reply With Quote Likes