Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-28-2019, 12:44 AM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,053 Likes on 812 Posts
Default Error messages and links not opening SCS-1362

Still having an issue with links to forum posts not working and giving this error message:
DivisionByZeroError: Modulo by zero in ..../showthread.php(1225) : eval()'d code on line 33

Very frustrating for the challenge hostesses who post an email notification. For example, at the time of posting neither my link to the TLC nor Misti's to the CAS challenges for today are working. Last week I wasted a lot of time before work on Monday trying in vain to get Lyn's link for the TLC to work. Since I discovered it did work several hours later, this morning I didn't even bother.

I feel I should give up best hostess practice of providing a link to the challenge in my uploads till this is fixed ?

Chrome, tested in both Android 6 and 8 just to make sure.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2019, 01:14 AM   #2  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

If a time frame for links starting to work helps...
I posted the TLC notification and added the links in my uploads at 04.30 GMT.
When I came to post this thread, they were all giving that error message.
Now all of them are working, but Misti's CAS link, posted at 5.47 GMT is still just giving me this:

Attached Thumbnails
Error messages and links not opening SCS-1362-screenshot_20190128-100936.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2019, 08:29 AM   #3  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,551 Likes on 667 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

That's a weird message - so can you give me more info? Give me the steps - is this in the gallery or the forum? How are you posting links? I'm not sure I understand.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2019, 08:47 AM   #4  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

I posted the same error message some time last month when it first started happening - but I think it's already been archived. I might have given more detail in that, I don't remember.

They're not just my links. As per the first post, I was getting exactly the same error message from Misti's link to the CAS challenge when she first posted the link in the challenge chat thread. I had the same error message last week when I tried to access the TLC through Lyn's link in the TLC challenge email notification thread. And I wasted time I didn't have before work trying to get a working link there for other people....

So I can't say how they are linking - but the ones that fail for me, I simply copy and paste the address from the browser address bar. I would guess that more often than not I've done manual HTML coding rather than using the paperclip, because that's tricky on a phone which is usually how I'm adding links for challenges, being early morning here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2019, 09:43 AM   #5  

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cook22View Post
I posted the same error message some time last month when it first started happening - but I think it's already been archived. I might have given more detail in that, I don't remember.

They're not just my links. As per the first post, I was getting exactly the same error message from Misti's link to the CAS challenge when she first posted the link in the challenge chat thread. I had the same error message last week when I tried to access the TLC through Lyn's link in the TLC challenge email notification thread. And I wasted time I didn't have before work trying to get a working link there for other people....

So I can't say how they are linking - but the ones that fail for me, I simply copy and paste the address from the browser address bar. I would guess that more often than not I've done manual HTML coding rather than using the paperclip, because that's tricky on a phone which is usually how I'm adding links for challenges, being early morning here.
So are you still getting errors on those same links? Because they work for me. Is it a temporary thing? I'll go look in the archive.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2019, 09:53 AM   #6  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

It's a temporary thing, which is why I posted the time frames. That error message persists even after clearing cache/refreshing the page for about 4 1/2 to 5 hours, then all of a sudden next time you refresh the page and try again, exactly the same link suddenly works. It almost feels as if the forum isn't indexing in real time, or something like that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2019, 10:07 AM   #7  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Incidentally, and not expecting anything to be done about it. You may remember a few months ago some of us mentioned that all of a sudden our Favourites notifications had stopped working - and it appeared that the number of the thread had changed. And yet we all knew that the link had originally been working perfectly for several hours, nothing to do with posts being moved from staging or anything. One of those little mysteries.

Well, I saw exactly the same thing happen again this week.
This is what I copied and pasted from the Teapot Tuesdays Extras forum, on my computer, into an email and into another thread on Saturday morning.

Forums at Splitcoaststampers

The person I sent the link to said it wasn't working, but she was getting the "no valid thread specified" message.

So I went back to the thread and grabbed the link over again and this time it was reading: MMTPT549 ~Tickle a Teapotter ~ If You Build It... by Cook22 at Splitcoaststampers.

So whether or not it's related to my current issue, there is definitely something occasionally going REALLY weird with the thread indexing. I hadn't moved or done anything to that thread in between getting the two different links .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2019, 10:10 AM   #8  

Is this only on mobile maybe? Are desktop users seeing it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2019, 10:15 AM   #9  

Quote:

Incidentally, and not expecting anything to be done about it. You may remember a few months ago some of us mentioned that all of a sudden our Favourites notifications had stopped working - and it appeared that the number of the thread had changed. And yet we all knew that the link had originally been working perfectly for several hours, nothing to do with posts being moved from staging or anything. One of those little mysteries.

Well, I saw exactly the same thing happen again this week.
This is what I copied and pasted from the Teapot Tuesdays Extras forum, on my computer, into an email and into another thread on Saturday morning.

Forums at Splitcoaststampers

The person I sent the link to said it wasn't working, but she was getting the "no valid thread specified" message.

So I went back to the thread and grabbed the link over again and this time it was reading: MMTPT549 ~Tickle a Teapotter ~ If You Build It... by Cook22 at Splitcoaststampers.

So whether or not it's related to my current issue, there is definitely something occasionally going REALLY weird with the thread indexing. I hadn't moved or done anything to that thread in between getting the two different links .
That is crazy. Thanks for that - that's helpful.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2019, 10:17 AM   #10  

And does it always happen at the same time of day?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2019, 10:19 AM   #11  

Those aren't just different thread ids - the title has changed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2019, 10:14 PM   #12  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderstandBlueView Post
Is this only on mobile maybe? Are desktop users seeing it?

I'll ask on the challenge chat thread. It would be mobile for me, I don't have the pc turned on till after I get home from work. I've got it this mirmorn both in the link I posted to the WT challenge in my card, and in Misti's link on the challenge chat thread.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2019, 10:19 PM   #13  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Quote:

Those aren't just different thread ids - the title has changed.

[*URL=https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/teapot-tuesday-extras-f386/mmtpt549-~tickle-teapotter-~-if-you-build-t627788.html[/URL]

[*Url=https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/teapot-tuesday-extras-f386/mmtpt549-~tickle-teapotter-~-if-you-build-t627790.html[/URL]

Sorry, I hoped posting as unformatted text last night would have NOT linked. I don't see any difference in the title? I've grabbed both these links from the emails I sent and just stuck the * in.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2019, 11:56 AM   #14  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Several people are confirming that they get odd error messages if they click on links shortly after they have been posted. The only person mentioning a device was Kim, who said it's on her phone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2019, 06:11 PM   #15  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts

In the past I've used Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge to open Splitcoast Stampers. Is there a reason why those two browsers don't work anymore? I've had to use Google Chrome for the past week. If I try to use Edge, I get an error message saying it's a bad link. Any ideas?

Visit My Gallery!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2019, 06:58 PM   #16  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by meisu4View Post
In the past I've used Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge to open Splitcoast Stampers. Is there a reason why those two browsers don't work anymore? I've had to use Google Chrome for the past week. If I try to use Edge, I get an error message saying it's a bad link. Any ideas?
Microsoft no longer supports Internet Explorer and, as a result, neither does SCS. Not sure what's up with Edge.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2019, 10:20 PM   #17  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

The error messages do seem to be mobile-related. The links I posted while on the PC earlier in the week worked from the get-go. I can't tell you whether the links in other people posts that I have trouble opening on a mobile device were posted on a PC or a mobile device. But as per the conversation on the challenge chat thread others are certainly experiencing the same issue.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2019, 05:25 PM   #18  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 32 Likes on 12 Posts

I get the error message from the mobile version. Immediately switched to desktop and the link worked. iPhone 12.1.2
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2019, 01:41 AM   #19  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 160 Likes on 105 Posts

I'm getting that weird "division by zero" error the first time I click the challenge link every day now. Of all the glitches ever, this is my most upsetting one. I need to see my challenges! Right now I can't get into the Free for All.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2019, 03:00 AM   #20  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennifrannView Post
I'm getting that weird "division by zero" error the first time I click the challenge link every day now. Of all the glitches ever, this is my most upsetting one. I need to see my challenges! Right now I can't get into the Free for All.

But you should still be able to access it directly in the challenge forum, Jen? The links are convenient but not the only way of getting there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2019, 03:11 AM   #21  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Correction: the links ought to be convenient. And it's really weird that one is working and one not .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2019, 04:54 AM   #22  

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennifrannView Post

I moved this to site support. Where are you getting the error? From the email notification like Sabrina was?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2019, 04:56 AM   #23  

Quote:

Originally Posted by meisu4View Post

We do not support either one (they're essentially the same browser - new name) - they just have too many issues. Use Chrome, Firefox or Safari.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2019, 05:11 AM   #24  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Quote:

I moved this to site support. Where are you getting the error? From the email notification like Sabrina was?

She was getting it from my link to the F4A in that Challenge chat thread. And I've had it both from links there posted by other people (and my own) AND from Lyn's TLC email notification. And from direct links to the challenge thread posted in my gallery uploads - when done on mobile.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2019, 10:36 PM   #25  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

I don't know if there's any connection but since the fix for the autoformatting of gallery links, I've been having no trouble with that division by zero message. Hope that holds true for others too. And I can moderate on my phone again. Yay and double yay.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2019, 01:53 AM   #26  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I just got it again last night on the CAS challenge. On my phone. Directly from the home page.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2019, 08:10 AM   #27  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Just got it again last night when I clicked on the Ways to Use It challenge.

But I'm getting really weird errors the last couple of days when I click on cards or click through the email to view someone's comment on one of my cards. It says I don't have permission to view or it's been deleted. Also, about half the times I try to come to the page on either my laptop or my phone it doesn't bring me to the home page, but rather some weird screen about resetting my password I think. Next time I get it, I will screenshot and share. Is this happening to others?

The Stamping Actuary

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2019, 10:01 PM   #28  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Yes, I've been experiencing it again this week, including Angie's link to the MIX challenge in the challenge chat thread, which she posted two hours ago.

As Jen mentioned the home page giving her problems I checked that and it was fine. Which I'd expect as they're not a direct link to the challenge, simply to the challenge forum. So they're not new links.

Chrome, Android 8
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2019, 12:10 AM   #29  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

And Kim's link to the VSN shopping list is not currently working for me, giving that division by zero message. It's showing as having been posted over 12 hours ago so I was surprised that it gave the error message.
"From Here to There" VSN Chat Thread - Splitcoaststampers
Chrome, Android 8.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2019, 12:53 PM   #30  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 242 Likes on 129 Posts
Question Trouble seeing all attached photos

For the past couple of days I've noticed that I'm unable to open some attached photos, while others open without a snag. For example: In this Buy/Sell thread I cannot view the first two pics, yet the last two open as they should. Anyone else 'not seeing things'?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2019, 04:46 PM   #31  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,908 Likes on 2,180 Posts

I can't open your link. It gives me this strange message:

DivisionByZeroError: Modulo by zero in ..../showthread.php(1225) : eval()'d code on line 33
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2019, 08:03 PM   #32  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 242 Likes on 129 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
I can't open your link. It gives me this strange message:

How weird!
The link just now worked for me .... but the "error" message you received is very much like what I see in my report/complaint.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2019, 08:21 PM   #33  
Proud Fan Club Member

And now the link works for me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2019, 06:36 AM   #34  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

I keep saying, Kathy, the link issue is temporary ;-). Give them anywhere from two to four hours and they work. Must make it harder to resolve, but I'll be glad when they do, it's very frustrating.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2019, 07:22 AM   #35  
Proud Fan Club Member

I agree Sabrina. That's the only thing that makes sense.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2019, 07:36 AM   #36  

Merged. I'm closing this one because we have a ticket for it. Not sure if this will be in the next release - I'll let you know.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2019, 11:24 AM   #37  

Is this still happening? They cannot reproduce it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2019, 11:29 AM   #38  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Yes, it is. One morning this week I posted a link from my phone on the way to work and it was fine . The next morning I posted another link and got the same old duvisdiv by module zero or whatever message.
This morning I couldn't open Judy's link to the TLC from the notification post, and I think not directly from the email either.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2019, 10:06 PM   #39  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

I was able to post a link to the sketch challenge in the challenge chat thread yesterday from my phone, no problem.
This morning I put links to the WT challenge in my gallery uploads and the error message is back :-( at the time of posting here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2019, 08:06 AM   #40  

Quote:

I was able to post a link to the sketch challenge in the challenge chat thread yesterday from my phone, no problem.
This morning I put links to the WT challenge in my gallery uploads and the error message is back :-( at the time of posting here.

Next time you get a notification email that results in an error can you forward it to me?
Reply With Quote Likes