View Single Post
Old 12-22-2018, 06:39 PM   #13
lynnewithane
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuteblueshoes View Post
I was just going back through my photos of completed projects and I am pretty pleased. Very surprised and pretty pleased.

I used up all the half-done layouts (probably 30 pages) from Creating Keepsakes convention classes of the last 3 - 4 years. I had made it my goal to finish those this year since I was not going to be able to attend, and did not want them hanging over my head for 2019.

I filled in all the gaps in my Christmas albums from 1985 to present with the exception of 2015 which I need to put in my PL album for that year.

I scrapped our 1985 honeymoon trip to Bermuda as well as our 2015 - 30th anniversary trip back to Bermuda.

I finished up 2017 project life in January 2018, and have completed the first 6 months of 2018.

I made all 75 of my Christmas cards.

I reorganized my studio for about the 3rd time in 9 years, and finally scrap-booked its evolution.

I got around to trying flip flaps and waterfalls on layouts to incorporate extra photos.

I started an album on the building of our house (20 years ago), need to finish it with interior shots and family photos.

I challenged myself to use up some of my oldest product including a Cosmo Cricket paper kit from 2009. I set aside a stack of older 100 patterned papers and managed to use all but 20 of them. I easily used more than 20 sheets of newer paper, meeting my 100 sheet challenge.

Early in the year, I purged a lot of my unwanted supplies by packaging them up in kits and selling them at a local scrapbook store. I actually spent a good deal of the proceeds on necessities like adhesive, album pages, and tools.

I have completed 10 of 12 months of SCT's 365 monthly class, and used 8 of the 12 monthly SCT sampler subscriptions.

I did fail miserably at a spending freeze I started in late summer - I only lasted 2 1/2 months. And while I sorted and purged quite a few photos in order to be able to get so much scrapping done, I have lots more photos in need of organization, many of them digital.

I don't even want to think about what my goals for 2019 should be. I think part of my success this year was only having a couple - then when I made progress on those, I was motivated to tackle something else. I would have found too long a list too daunting.

😮 Wow!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!