Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-16-2018, 04:27 PM   #1  
Stampin' Fool

Received 279 Likes on 79 Posts
Default Moving forward to 2019

I don't know about ya'll but I'm done with December cards and projects and 2018! I pack up the Winter Holiday season paper, stickers, stamps, emphera, etc. and stowed it away.

I'm ready to move on to Spring and Summer season projects. There are new techniques I want to try with new mediums, especailly with my Ph Dr Martin's inda inks, do more gelli plate printing, foiling, and improving brush lettering; plus working with new die cuts, designs, embellishments, etc...

However, before I start, I need to clean up my current mess and get organized.

What about you?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2018, 06:30 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 296 Likes on 115 Posts

As mentioned on another thread, I'm getting rid of TONS of stuff moving into the new year. My daughter will get most of it, I'm sure, but she is likely to end up with overwhelm if I'm not careful, so I may spread the joy.

I have been resistant to trying techniques but I'm thinking that I want to try new things. I bought a gelli plate to use for DTGD but never got a chance to play with it, so that's on the list first thing. I also bought pretty much all of the Peerless watercolor sheets (made three gifts with them, plus wanted them for myself), so I want to do a lot more painting in the coming year (mostly NOT for cards).

My goal is to just be more creative and artistic in general, however that plays out. I miss the joy of creating just for the process itself, and want to get back to that.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2018, 08:00 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 40 Likes on 18 Posts

Cleaning up current mess will take a while but after that I plan to play with all the Nuvo products I bought this year: mouse, glitter paste and Nuvo drops. I did play with the glitter paste and enjoyed using it and make a bunch of Christmas cards with the ones I made. And I need to purge some more so I can find things easier. Downsizing when we retired sounded like a good idea at the time, now with both of us spending time on our hobbies and a smaller house we are out of room for anything else unless somethings goes! We've been trying to clean out for several years but husband is a failure at tossing out anything!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2018, 04:32 AM   #4  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1,399 Likes on 525 Posts

Winter is my favorite season (and officially it hasn't arrived yet even!) so I am happy to continue making cards with snowflakes, snowmen, etc. I am finished making Christmas items, with the exception of a couple money holders.

I don't know how much time I will have for crafting in 2019, but should I be able to I will be scrapbooking. I miss the journaling part of it and with my three girls being teenagers, I have so many happy things to write about! This is a very exciting time of life!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2018, 05:25 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 380 Likes on 206 Posts

My Christmas cards for this year have been mailed and as I coast into the season and end of the year this is the time of year that I usually make most of my Christmas cards for next year. If I wait until later in the year, life gets hectic and I find myself scrambling to get my cards thrown together and in the mail. I find that making my Christmas cards from mid December thru the end of January is relaxing and keeps me enjoying the season.
I do not pack up any seasonal supplies until next year as I make seasonal cards (Valentines, Easter, Thanksgiving, etc) all year round. As I make each card, I think of family or friends whom I intend to send that card. I prefer having cards made and ready for whatever the season or event. It takes the pressure off of me and I can enjoy the moment.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2018, 05:48 AM   #6  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This year making Christmas cards was a stressful event. I made lots of pretty trash. Other life responsibilities interrupted “craft time” more frequently and nothing that seemed like a good idea in my head, made it out of my hands and on to the paper the way I wanted it to. Normally I enjoy the process and get the cards done and ready to mail right after Thanksgiving. Just got the cards mailed on the 15th and I still don’t really like what ended up in the mail.
I am not sure why this was so difficult this year. Maybe I had too many choices.I did go a little crazy buying new Christmas stamps, dies and DP. I bought enough stuff to cover the next three or four years without repeating anything! Or maybe my card making mojo just left the building for 2018.

Regardless, I am ready to clean up the mess and move on to some knit or crochet projects for a bit. When I can face my paper crafting supplies I have a lot of organizing to do. All the new stuff just sat in piles on my table; now I have to make room in my storage for it! I anticipate beginning Christmas cards much earlier in 2019 to give myself time to really play with all the new stuff I bought.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2018, 04:50 PM   #7  
Gallery Gazer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have tidied my desk and work space, I am also over making Christmas cards. I made my daughter and son in law first anniversary card the other day and it was such a nice change from Christmas! I love each season as they arrive and I am over them very quickly thereafter haha

My next project might be a paper pumpkin style kit to send to my other daughter who has all her supplies in storage. I will choose what I want to prep, she can be surprised and delighted to receive something to create
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2018, 05:27 PM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 976 Likes on 475 Posts

I'm happy to move past Christmas projects, too. As I was wrapping gifts the other night, I thought how nice it would be to put homemade tags on it. My next thought was, "maybe next year". Heehee

I'm just relaxing and doing things as they occur to me. Packed up some things to share with my mom who has returned to card making after a break. Then colored some images. Rearranged my work surface and gave it a good wipe-down. It's nice to change gears.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2018, 05:55 PM   #9  
Linking Queen

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm the opposite of many of you. We moved in November and most of the crafty things that made it into the apartment (vs storage) are Christmas/winter themed.

However, we had some bumps in the road settling in and I actually sent store bought cards! So, I will continue organizing our home and get inky ASAP. Most years, the majority of my holiday cards were made JAN-MAR, usually using Christmas gifts before storing them away.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2018, 04:26 AM   #10  
Rubber Obsessor

I thought to myself now what fun new project should I start...and instead I cleaned organized and sorted!!!! So much fun! And so rewarding!!! Now on to those project...haha
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2018, 04:58 AM   #11  
Embossing Fanatic

My plan for 2019... Create more regularly, even if its just coloring while BF watches a ball game.

Also, I saw the adorable "recipe file" idea on Jennifer McGuire's site for sending birthday cards & i've decided that I'm going to send cards to all the relatives i've lost regular touch with. Surprisingly as much as i like putzing in the craft room i've not sent cards like that in years. I used to work in a school so would give cards to all the teachers. (If you have extras, i'm sure your local schools would love to share them with the staff. Especially thank you cards they can use around the holidays/end of year)

Other than that, organizing is always a fun "chore" and most importantly for me, FOCUSING on one new idea/technique instead of getting excited about one thing & then another before i take the first batch of stuff outta the packages. lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2018, 05:42 AM   #12  
Stampin' Fool

I've picked up and ordered some clear stachel storage containers with secure lids to swap out the IKEA storage containers without secure lids. They'll work much better for storing my pre cut and folded card bases and envelopes.
I also picked up a two tiered storage container to corral all my india inks, acrylic inks and writing instruments. My goal is to group like with like in a designated space eliminating those multiple containers of the similar product.
Throughout the process it gives me a chance to take inventory of what I have and what I need to use before I buy more products.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2018, 06:59 AM   #13  
Cardstock Collector

I have grand plans to get started right away on next years Christmas bazaar and cards etc. That said I had the same grand plan last year. I do have a bunch of new supplies to play with. But first a clean craft room. Guess that's my New Year's resolution
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2018, 11:26 AM   #14  
Glitter Queen

Default Trying new things

I'm still quite new to card making and am experimenting with different styles. I make seasonal cards all year round as the spirit moves me. Recently I've tried making flip books from envelopes and I want to combine this with my other hobby, jewellery making. But I'm still just having fun with it all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2018, 11:38 AM   #15  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I still need to start my Christmas cards for this year! I'll get back to you about next year
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2018, 04:51 PM   #16  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 976 Likes on 475 Posts

Scrolling through Instagram today I realized I’m not really interested in seeing more Christmas cards but I’m not ready for valentines, either. Just let me enjoy random projects, Christmas season (not card but other stuff) with my family and THEN move on to valentines in January.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2018, 02:31 AM   #17  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I’m still trying to finish this years Christmas cards. I usually make them in October. Thought I try something different this year. So crazy busy I can’t get them finished. At this rate i’ll have my cards for next year done if I don’t hurry up!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2018, 07:50 AM   #18  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 296 Likes on 115 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by fl_beachbumView Post
Scrolling through Instagram today I realized I’m not really interested in seeing more Christmas cards but I’m not ready for valentines, either. Just let me enjoy random projects, Christmas season (not card but other stuff) with my family and THEN move on to valentines in January.
EXACTLY where I'm at, too! The in-between times are usually when I have the most fun/creativity because there's no specific goal so there's no pressure (real or self-imposed).

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2018, 08:01 AM   #19  
Stampin' Fool

Yesterday I was home sick with sinus/head cold and the same goes for today.
I spent the day cleaning up and organizing my work table and condensing products to eliminate excess storage containers. I also bagged up excess embellishments, stickers, stuff that I don't need to donate. I may regret it later, but the way I feel now it can all go...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2018, 09:07 AM   #20  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 253 Likes on 178 Posts

I had all my Christmas cards done by Oct 1st this year. I just had herniated disk surgery Dec 4th so I recooperating from that. I finally got to stamp some cards yesterday but I need to put away all my christmas stamps/paper, etc for the season.

I'm thinking of not doing Valentines this year for my friends? Nothing grabs me yet although its still early?!?!

I still plan to compete in challenges on Paper Playful. It takes me out of my comfort zone and this is the 3rd year I've been doing it ... Paper Playful

I also love to send cards each month to Love Notes Fairy. Click here for more info https://jenniferbelthoff.com/love-notes-fairy/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2018, 09:39 AM   #21  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

My Christmas cards are all mailed and I don't have a lot to do for Christmas so it's time for me to do a major cleaning/reorganizing of my stamp room. Then I'm on to making flower cards....my favorite kind.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2018, 04:09 PM   #22  
Crimping Master

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I just finished up the last of my winter markets and have a lot of stock for the 2019 farmers market seasons. I still want to keep busy making more stock so I don't have to run out during the season. I bought a lot of the distress oxides, a lot of the lavinia stamps and a few dies I did not use last year. I am thinking of just purging it all and stick with what I need to make and sell. I do want to make my Christmas cards for next year, this year I had a bunch of the sarcastic ones left over and so they went out to those who could take it instead of the nicer ones.

Happy holidays to you all and here is to a creative and fun 2019.

Lorri
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2018, 08:37 PM   #23  
Stampin' Fool

I'm starting to shift gears for Spring/Summer seasons. I cut and scored my cardbases, and started working on some new layouts.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2018, 08:38 PM   #24  
Stampin' Fool

Happy Holidays to you all as well.
Reply With Quote Likes