Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-01-2018, 12:55 PM   #1  
Stampin' Fool

Received 88 Likes on 33 Posts
Default BIG News

I just read on Janette Kausen's blog that Fun Stampers Journey is now under Spellbinders.
I have to admit I had never bought from FSJ but their cardstock has really nice colors, and they have some interesting stamps.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2018, 07:10 PM   #2  
Gallery Gazer

Received 97 Likes on 65 Posts

I picked up some of their cardstock at Tuesday Morning over the summer. I had read on here somewhere that it had gotten sent over and they didn't remove the label or something. I like it quite a bit to be honest and find it to be very good quality. I wish I could find more.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2018, 09:25 AM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 501 Likes on 222 Posts

Fun Stampers Journey is a direct-sales company like Stampin' Up! You would need to find a coach who sells FSJ.
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2018, 10:37 AM   #4  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by fionna51View Post
Fun Stampers Journey is a direct-sales company like Stampin' Up! You would need to find a coach who sells FSJ.

I assumed she meant more of the $2 a pack CS from Tuesday Morning.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2018, 11:27 AM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I’ve seen this news on various blogs and wondered how the FSJ direct sales would be affected by being part of Spellbinders now. It said you could buy their products in one place.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2018, 11:51 AM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,051 Likes on 811 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by fionna51View Post

They stopped accepting new coaches a while back, presumably because this was impending. I've no idea how they're handling the transition for previously existing coaches.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2018, 01:18 PM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From looking on their Facebook page it looks like they are doing what A Muse Studio did and have gone strictly retail with no more consultants? And will only be available from Spellbinders.

I've gotten stamps, dies, CS and pattern paper from them, all are really nice. Stamps are rubber on cling mount, dies are a bright green color for some reason

check out my blog at: www.PisforPaper.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2018, 04:44 PM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 242 Likes on 129 Posts

At the very beginning of FSJ, the originator of Spellbinders was 'introducing' FSJ as her "new" direct sales stamp line. One of their early showcases was at the Stamp & Scrapbook Expo conventions. Richard Garay was also introduced as the man up front at those shows. So, hearing that Spellbinders is taking it seems logical to me, even though I'm sure there's some sadness in that saga.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2018, 04:14 AM   #9  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 587 Likes on 240 Posts

It looks like you can buy FSJ products two ways, through the Spellbinders site or through a Journey Coach's website if you have one or know one. It is a huge change for FSJ and their coaches and I wonder how it will all shake out long-term.
Mary Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2018, 07:22 AM   #10  
Gallery Gazer

Received 97 Likes on 65 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyNachoView Post
I assumed she meant more of the $2 a pack CS from Tuesday Morning.

I'm thinking with Spellbinders taking it over, we'll probably be finding a lot more FSJ 'treasures' at Tuesday Morning while they finish merging things and revamping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2018, 09:06 AM   #11  
Compulsive Stamper

I don't have a lot of FSJ items, but I LOVE their black hybrid ink, it is one of my favorites (and I have lots of them including amalgam ink etc.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2018, 05:17 PM   #12  
Forum Fanatic

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericaaView Post
I don't have a lot of FSJ items, but I LOVE their black hybrid ink, it is one of my favorites (and I have lots of them including amalgam ink etc.)

Please tell me more about FSJ black hybrid ink. I got the Gina K Amalgam black, based on Jen McGuire recommendation. I was really disappointed in how the ink stamped...didn’t stamp nice and dark like my Versafine and looked kind wimpy. I then bought the Scrapbook.com new hybrid Inks and discovered they were packaged exactly like the Palette Hybrid ink. It stamped better image than Amalgam, but i still don’t love it, it just is lacking that nice deep dark black of Versafine and when I color with Copics the black becomes less vivid.
Anyway, back to FSJ Hybrid Black. Is it a nice vivid black that stands up to Copics and watercolors without losing its richness?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2018, 06:35 AM   #13  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossView Post
Please tell me more about FSJ black hybrid ink. I got the Gina K Amalgam black, based on Jen McGuire recommendation. I was really disappointed in how the ink stamped...didn’t stamp nice and dark like my Versafine and looked kind wimpy. I then bought the Scrapbook.com new hybrid Inks and discovered they were packaged exactly like the Palette Hybrid ink. It stamped better image than Amalgam, but i still don’t love it, it just is lacking that nice deep dark black of Versafine and when I color with Copics the black becomes less vivid.
Anyway, back to FSJ Hybrid Black. Is it a nice vivid black that stands up to Copics and watercolors without losing its richness?

I too had a problem with the Gina K ink. It stamps very light and it is not even. I did email Gina though and she sent me a re-inker and I have not re-inked the pad yet, but I am hoping it will help because there are some great reviews and I am just not seeing it yet.

The FSJ ink, it stamps crisp for me each time. It does hold up well to copics but I always heat set it first. It seems to be the one I keep reaching for over and over. It is very even and I haven't had a problem smearing copics and watercolors. I would highly recommend you try it! I am not sure if you can purchase direct or if you need a demonstrator. I am sure there are lots of ladies on here that can help you in that area
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2018, 10:35 AM   #14  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericaaView Post
I too had a problem with the Gina K ink. It stamps very light and it is not even. I did email Gina though and she sent me a re-inker and I have not re-inked the pad yet, but I am hoping it will help because there are some great reviews and I am just not seeing it yet.

The FSJ ink, it stamps crisp for me each time. It does hold up well to copics but I always heat set it first. It seems to be the one I keep reaching for over and over. It is very even and I haven't had a problem smearing copics and watercolors. I would highly recommend you try it! I am not sure if you can purchase direct or if you need a demonstrator. I am sure there are lots of ladies on here that can help you in that area

Thanks for the info, can’t wait tO give this ink a try! So excited to know there IS a good black ink for Copics. A friend is hobby coach so I don’t even have to figure out the new system at FSJ.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2018, 07:34 AM   #15  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I do have FSJ black, but I still reach for Memento when I'm planning on alcohol-markering.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2018, 02:27 PM   #16  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossView Post

FSJ hybrid ink is a combination of pigment and dye based. I love it! Here is how it interacts with the variety of coloring:
Watercolor - perfect, no problems
Copics - since it is hybrid it can take time to set, use heat setting tool and you'll be fine. You can get away without heat setting if you are using dark colors
Pencils and gamsol - perfect, no problems

I worked with FSJ for 3 1/2 years as a concept designer. They merged with Spellbinders and changed their selling model from coaches (like SU! demos) to selling online on the Spellbinders website. This change was quite the shake up and as a result, myself and several others lost their jobs. They are still going strong with great stamps, inks, dies and cardstock!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2018, 08:47 PM   #17  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by sf9erfanView Post
FSJ hybrid ink is a combination of pigment and dye based. I love it! Here is how it interacts with the variety of coloring:
Watercolor - perfect, no problems
Copics - since it is hybrid it can take time to set, use heat setting tool and you'll be fine. You can get away without heat setting if you are using dark colors
Pencils and gamsol - perfect, no problems

I worked with FSJ for 3 1/2 years as a concept designer. They merged with Spellbinders and changed their selling model from coaches (like SU! demos) to selling online on the Spellbinders website. This change was quite the shake up and as a result, myself and several others lost their jobs. They are still going strong with great stamps, inks, dies and cardstock!
Thanks for the detailed explanation of FSJ hybrid black ink, that was very helpful.
I’m so sorry to learn that you were let go with the change of selling model at FSJ. :( That must have been a gut wrenching experience. It says a lot for your character that you are still able to speak so positively about FSJ products after your sudden change in employment. Best of luck to you in finding another job that will use your special skills and talents.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2018, 06:14 PM   #18  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 186 Likes on 88 Posts

I’ve never even seen any FSJ products, so I thought I’d go see what Tuesday Morning had. I didn’t find anything that was FSJ, but I found a few interesting things. They had several Tim Holtz products, including a travel stamp platform.
I was good and just bought a pack of dies for $4.99.
I guess I’ll have to keep checking back there.
Reply With Quote Likes