View Single Post
Old 10-31-2018, 09:31 PM   #32
RenT
Pearl-ExPert

Your 'solution' sounds like it's just the ticket for a lot of us!
I too have lost the drive to have tons of shades of every color.

With solid-color cardstock, at least, I'm super organized and have a rolly cart with hanging files for every color, and a little cello bag in each one with scraps of that color. This has worked stupendously well for me for years now... the problem is that I no longer want all those colors!

I've been going through and culling ruthlessly, selling, donating, or making card bases out of the ones I only have a few sheets of.

I will say, my eyes were opened when I realized as I was going through and handling every color, that many of the sheets are now faded along the edges. That means even though I thought I used all my colors, there were lots of them that just sat in their files, fading away. So now I'm trying to be super vigilant and 1) get rid of what I really, truly, no longer want (as hard as that was to admit), and 2) think long and hard before I purchase colored cardstock. There are certain colors I always gravitate to, of course, and those remarkably weren't all faded in my files because I do use them up. So for me greens, browns, and certain blues are not a problem, but never again will I buy light purple or pink or bright yellow lol.