Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-16-2018, 03:47 PM   #1  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1,399 Likes on 525 Posts
Default I just now noticed a very cool feature in the gallery!

Any image can be sent as an e-card! I noticed that option as I was adding cards to my Favorites folder. I love this because it is a fantastic way to introduce other stampers to the wonderful world of SCS. I love it here ❤️
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2018, 03:53 PM   #2  
Glitter Guru

Received 372 Likes on 222 Posts

So anyone can send my images as e-cards? Not sure I like that. I might be removing my images. Thank you for pointing that out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2018, 04:16 PM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 244 Likes on 130 Posts

It's actually a very nice feature! Over the years I've used it to share cool creations made by members with stamp company owners, etc. that I know would like to see their goodies being enjoyed. ;)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2018, 04:20 PM   #4  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

😎 That�s a great feature!
A Cardmaking Journey in Progress
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2018, 10:45 PM   #5  
Cardstock Collector

Wonderful feature...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2018, 11:54 PM   #6  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,074 Likes on 824 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrapjannyView Post
So anyone can send my images as e-cards? Not sure I like that. I might be removing my images. Thank you for pointing that out.

Well, "anyone" would be restricted to registered site members rather than guests. And how often it happens, I don't know if there's any way of tracking. I can say it's a feature I've known about for at least ten years and probably only use twice a year at most, not always even that....to send one of my own cards as a virtual birthday card. I still subscribe to BlueMountain.com and most of my e-cards are sent from their range ;-). I'd be sorry if this deterred you from maintaining a gallery. How do you feel about Pinterest? Anything posted here can easily be pinned, far more easily than sending as an e-card. Once anything is shared in public space, it's hard to expect it to be in lockdown these days. Watermarks help as an identifier.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2018, 12:52 AM   #7  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,553 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrapjannyView Post

An E-card is just a link to your card in the gallery. They would have to click the link to go to it, so it's not any different than any other way to get here. It's not an attachment or even a photo of the card. You click the link, and you come here, see the card and whatever sweet message a member has chosen to add.

Send yourself one and you'll see.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2018, 03:35 AM   #8  
Glitter Guru

Received 372 Likes on 222 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cook22View Post
Well, "anyone" would be restricted to registered site members rather than guests. And how often it happens, I don't know if there's any way of tracking. I can say it's a feature I've known about for at least ten years and probably only use twice a year at most, not always even that....to send one of my own cards as a virtual birthday card. I still subscribe to BlueMountain.com and most of my e-cards are sent from their range ;-). I'd be sorry if this deterred you from maintaining a gallery. How do you feel about Pinterest? Anything posted here can easily be pinned, far more easily than sending as an e-card. Once anything is shared in public space, it's hard to expect it to be in lockdown these days. Watermarks help as an identifier.
Yes, but I wasn't aware that things in my gallery here could be shared with others as e-cards. That's a little more personal and direct, at least to me. It just makes me uncomfortable to think that my cards might be used to send to others in that way. It's different if I choose to send my card that way. I'm not sure if that feature is explained in the TOU, but I wasn't aware of it. If it is, then I should have read them more carefully. If it isn't, it should be. On another forum that I belong to, we ask before pinning. I do realize that when you put stuff out there (including message boards), that you are opening yourself up to the possibility that your work can be used in many ways. Thank you to the OP for the heads-up. I will definitely keep that in mind.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2018, 12:47 PM   #9  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 735 Likes on 357 Posts

Seems a little odd to me to send someone another person's card like that. I cant explain why, but it is different from sending a commercial card/e card which obviously is not mine, but I paid for it and the artist put it out there for that purpose. I would not do it.

Watermarks sound like a good idea.

But it is a nice feature to send your own cards!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2018, 01:01 PM   #10  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,074 Likes on 824 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavejumperView Post
Seems a little odd to me to send someone another person's card like that. I cant explain why, but it is different from sending a commercial card/e card which obviously is not mine, but I paid for it and the artist put it out there for that purpose. I would not do it.

Watermarks sound like a good idea.

But it is a nice feature to send your own cards!
I've done it with someone who said she was quite happy to receive one like that and have me spend the postage on someone else...although I still think snail mail is nicer!! think that I might over the years have received maybe two, both sent by the person who had uploaded them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2018, 01:19 PM   #11  
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 244 Likes on 130 Posts

I've shared my cards here since 2004. In reality, everything posted here is in a public forum, and has been open to all since 2003. Readers save pics that inspire them, and as the card creator, we are never aware of that. Team members email their works to each other, share class ideas with one another, all as a means of sharing inspiration. And essentially, that's how I view Splitcoaststampers. It's a place to share and to inspire. It's more than that to many ... this sharing place is literally where I learned to stamp.

The sharing aspect with this one new-to-you dimension is just another way of sharing that has been inspiring others for many years. ;)
(((hugs)))
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2018, 04:23 PM   #12  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 220 Likes on 135 Posts

I've been here since 2004 as well! And as Bev said, it's pretty much where I learned to stamp. This is my favorite place on the web because it's such a great place to learn and full of people who share so generously. I'm happy if my little gallery inspires anyone once in awhile .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2018, 04:12 PM   #13  
Stampin' Fool

I’m always, try to be, vigilant in posting anything on the internet. I won’t post anything I’d be ashamed of posting or would be hurtful to someone. One must always assume posts on social media or forums are inherently subject to being seen by the public no matter how secure they claim to be. I’ve always known our posts are subject to being found by the public via google or other search engines.
I’ve never minded my gallery being shared, in fact I thought this was the whole point of our gallery. There are so many beautiful cards made by such talented artists I certainly don’t have to worry about mine being shared, but I’d feel honored if one of mine was shared;)!
A Cardmaking Journey in Progress
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2018, 02:40 AM   #14  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm not sure where I've been as I wasn't aware of this.
I have no problem with someone likeing my art work so much they want to share it with someone else, I find it very flattering.
Having said that as most of you know I watermark every single thing I create and upload either here or on my blog, so no one would be in any dought as to who has created the work.;)

My Gallery - MyBlog

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow" - Kurt Vonnegut
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2018, 06:09 AM   #15  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 255 Likes on 138 Posts

I don't have a gallery here. I do have one on my computer and often share one of mine on a forum if the subject comes up where a visual is needed. I'm not against having a gallery here, just don't have the time to go through another process. If someone would send a link to what I posted, it wouldn't bother me even though I would not put a watermark on it even if I knew how! Most of my ideas are inspired by others---sometimes one, sometimes several. I could never list them all. I would not only not care if my card was used as an e-card, but I would be thrilled!
Reply With Quote Likes