Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-25-2018, 08:57 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Arrow silly question on posting pics of cards

Hello all, I would like to post pics of my cards in my gallery,(not really in public, ughhh like they are any good.... I am sheepish can you tell?!) but I am rather clueless on some of them as far as what brand of paper, brand of stamp etc.

I recently organized all my paper and have mixed Stampin up and another brand, so I have no clue what I am using. I also have a few unbranded stamps that I like.

Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature
may heal and give strength to body and soul alike.
Keep close to nature's heart ...
and break clear away, once in a while, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean.
God never made an ugly landscape. John Muir

Psalm 73:26
My flesh and heart may fail, God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2018, 09:16 AM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please post your cards to share with us! I know I would love to see what you are making.

Do not worry if you don’t know the names of the papers or whichever supply. There was just a little discussion about this in another thread and although it is nice if you can post some extra info about the supplies, it isn’t mandatory at all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2018, 09:36 AM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thank you Heidi! I am trying to be better and organizing my stamps and paper, so I will have a better idea of what I have and brand names etc.

ok I am going to brave and post a pic )

Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature
and break clear away, once in a while, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean.

My flesh and heart may fail, God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2018, 09:37 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

Agreed! Put what you know (if you want to) and leave out what you don't! I have some things that are old enough that I have NO idea where they came from, so I just say "from my stash" or "unknown" or whatever... We just want to SEE - the details are nice, but the photos are the thing! (And - there are no "silly" questions here...) ;)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2018, 09:50 AM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

I just posted 2, I need to go back and add a little detail. I was not exactly sure what gallery to put in, hopefully I did that part right.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2018, 12:20 PM   #6  
Insane Embellisher

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi Sue Ellen, I recently bought a new phone so after reading your post I sat down and figured out how to upload 3 photos to my gallery. Been wanting to try for awhile now, but it always takes me forever to do what should be a simple thing. LOL!

Thanks for the little "push".
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2018, 12:39 PM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

You are not the only one! Now I am looking at my card for the color challenge, and I cannot figure what to do. It just doesn't look right to me. Should I scrap it?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2018, 12:46 PM   #8  
Insane Embellisher

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I like it!

But then, I'm not doing challenges. For me, just making cards to send to friends, family and Cards for a Cause here on SCS is challenge enough for me (at this time, anyway.)

You'll probably look at it again and maybe tweak things a bit so you do like it. Don't scrap it!!!!;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2018, 01:05 PM   #9  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I have a card I am not happy with, I set it aside and look at it again the next day. Sometimes I will have a good idea on how to finish it, and some times I even decide it as fine to begin with.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2018, 02:34 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgpunkyView Post
You are not the only one! Now I am looking at my card for the color challenge, and I cannot figure what to do. It just doesn't look right to me. Should I scrap it?
There's a thread for that! There's a sticky at the top of the "General Stamping Talk" forum called "Constructive Criticism", where you can ask what might help. I'd put a link, but I'm at work and cybersecurity won't let me...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2018, 03:17 PM   #11  
Polyshrink Goddess

You all are so sweet! I cannot tell you how many times I have made a card and then scrapped it because, it just did not seem right. I guess in reality paper crafting is still a bit new to me, as I have not really learned much as far as techniques. I just did it on my own.
Being a crafter though, I know it takes time and patience (especially with one's self! LOL) I can remember when I first started spinning and my yarn was awful, and friends supported me and encouraged me to keep trying and then it happened. Instead of slubby yarn, thick and uneven, I was able to spin as fine as a thread.

Thanks everyone! I have hope and I will keep trying and learning too.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2018, 08:11 AM   #12  
Matboard Maniac

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

I too set my cards aside for a hour or a day or a week even and then a light will go off..."it needs a bow" or "a bit of bling" or "another flower" or "whatever" or "nothing more" and then I am content. That's if it doesn't need to get in the mail or hand delivered pronto! (which is often the case with me).

Thanks Sue...I forgot about that "constructive criticism" forum. I should use that when I am stuck for ideas on a card and need a kick start again. Better than revving my engine in neutral just staring at it. Especially when I don't have time to let it sit and then get back to it when I have more mojo.
Reply With Quote Likes