Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-14-2018, 01:57 PM   #2  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I so know how you feel, that is what has happened to me in the past....life. I have so many pictures and I have not started into the "digital" photos and books. I am trying to find new ways to use my old things....repurpose if you will. Good luck with your new adventure.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2018, 02:02 PM   #3  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for your reply. I have a lot of inventory and no desire to get into the digital scrap booking part. I like the more tactile stuff. I'm behind however I'm not as upset about that as I am that I may not be able to find the things I'm looking for. I miss the old papers. I miss the little scrapbook stores on the corners and the scrap booking expos. Oh well, I'm sure I'll find some and maybe this forum will help
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2018, 02:55 PM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts

I don't do as much scrap booking now as I used to; I'm making many more cards now but still love paper. There are no more scrap book stores anywhere near me and I buy all items online. Scrapbook.com is a favorite for lots of items, especially paper since they have lots of patterned paper. They also send emails every Friday showing all new items that arrived during the week and you can enlarge the papers to see the patterns better. That helped me so much when ordering.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2018, 05:11 PM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Sites

I�ve used the following sites with great experiences:

Simonsaysstamp.com

franticstamper.com

Blitsy.com
i also think Hobby Lobby has pretty good selection considering there are no local stamping or scrapbooking stores. Hopefully there�s one near you. I think there are also a lot of kit clubs as well.

Last edited by Sleepymom33; 09-14-2018 at 05:13 PM.. Reason: Additional info
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2018, 03:31 AM   #6  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 588 Likes on 240 Posts

I am one of the lucky ones to have a great scrapbook store nearby. I can get new stuff and go to classes or crops there for inspiration and chatting. Of course, as a long time demo, I use Stampin' Up! stuff for scrapping and I also buy some things from scrapbook.com. Creative Memories has made a comeback so check them out. Also, please give pocket-page scrapping a try (Project Life at Michaels, Memories & More in the SU! catalog). It's quick and I mix "real" pages in with pocket pages when I have a lot of photos from an event or trip.
Mary Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2018, 02:58 AM   #7  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I am glad you have picked up scrapping again. I am still loving it, though I agree the industry has declined. That is so wonderful that you have made pages again. I have found Pinterest a great source of inspiration and shop a lot at Scrapbook.com.
There is still lots of new stuff out there and I find myself using my stamp on lots of layouts. Good luck and enjoy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2018, 03:28 AM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

I joined a papercraft group recently and I am the only one who doesn’t scrapbook. (I stamp and make cards.) So there are definitely plenty of people out there. They seem to buy from Close to My Heart, Club Scrap and Michaels. There are tons of online stores, too. There are expos in my area from time to time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2018, 03:42 AM   #9  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,984 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Welcome back to scrapbooking, and to SplitcoastStamper, Deelbug! I am an old style scrapper because I have so much stash! And, unfortunately I still find stuff to buy! I don’t know where you are located, but I still see kits at Joann’s and Hobby Lobby, papers and embellishments there also as well as at Michaels. We also have a LSS here with all the newest papers and supplies. They also have classes, and even better, sponsor 3 to 4 day Scrap retreats!

And right here on SplitcoastStamper we have a group of scrappers who set monthly goals and have challenges to encourage the achieving of those goals! Come join us! This is a link to all our forums:
Scrapbooking - Splitcoaststampers

Here is our goals forum:
Page 2 - September Scrappin and Chatter - sbc18sep - Splitcoaststampers

Look forward to seeing you over there! Feel free to ask any questions! Just jump in!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2018, 05:54 AM   #10  
Rubber Obsessor

The scrapbooking stores seem to have all disappeared..so sad!!! So online seems to be the way to go! I am a new SU demo and can't seem to find any new customers😯!
I found online a scrap store across the county that was closing and they have a great new online store! Free ship on any $20 order. Check it out...

doodlebugswa.com

And I also like scrapbookpal.com Free shipping on $25 orders.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2018, 05:55 AM   #11  
Glitter Queen

I got away from making full page layouts. It became too time consuming. I got behind and then overwhelmed and then done.

Check out Project Life. You don’t even have to use their core kits or products. You can make your own with what you have I love it. 4x6 and 3x4 Cards. Pocket pages for pictures. Small journaling cards to tell about the events on the page. I get SOOOOOOO much more done. You can still use flat embellishments or none at all. You can make it as fancy or plain as you like and still use your previous scrapbooking supplies.

It will change your life!LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2018, 06:02 AM   #12  
Glitter Queen

Oh btw I forgot!

My take on electronic cutting machines, I have the Brother Scan n Cut 2. I don’t buy dies anymore to cut things out and it’s the only machine than scans. Or so I have been told.

The new one is Scan N Cut DX. I hear it’s amazing. I like this line because I don’t have to be connected to a computer, no cartridges to buy and pretty easy to use.

Before buying a machine, figure out what you want to do with your scrapping. If you are sticking with scrapbooking, or going to Project Life style of scrapping, you really don’t need an electronic cutter.

Make sure you do your research on machines. Find the one that is right for what you want to use it for. Don’t get caught up in the hype of the latest and greatest.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2018, 07:40 AM   #13  
Rubber Obsessor

Scan N Cut is AMAZING!!!! SOLD EVERYTHING ELSE!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2018, 09:21 AM   #14  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 106 Likes on 63 Posts

I don't know if it's "universal," but I recently found the patterned paper selection at our Michael's has really gone downhill. At least for open stock. They used to have at least 3/4 of a full aisle of patterned paper. Now they just have one tiny section. :( I've found better selection AND better quality at JoAnn's. Mostly Bazzill and Core-dinations, with a little Die Cuts with a View thrown in for good measure. Every so often they'll have their open stock paper on an outrageous sale--10 sheets for $2 or so. Plus, I get coupons from them, so I've occasionally been able to stack a 20% off coupon on top of that price. Can't beat getting a sheet of good-quality 12x12" cardstock or patterned paper for 16 cents! They do limit it to the base price of 79-99 cents per sheet, so fancy glitter papers or whatnot aren't included in the sale price. But for the basics, it's a really good deal. I also shop at Scrapbook.com, though I don't tend to buy much paper from them. I just get overwhelmed at all the choices they have, and give up before looking much! Anyway, good luck in your quest for supplies!

Proud Dirty Dozen Design Team Alumna!
Featured Stamper #564
Blog: Andrea's Paper Antics
SCS Gallery

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2018, 09:40 AM   #15  
Cardstock Collector

Thanks! I WILL check it out!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2018, 09:42 AM   #16  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckstampcrazyView Post
The scrapbooking stores seem to have all disappeared..so sad!!! So online seems to be the way to go! I am a new SU demo and can't seem to find any new customers😯!
I found online a scrap store across the county that was closing and they have a great new online store! Free ship on any $20 order. Check it out...

doodlebugswa.com

And I also like scrapbookpal.com Free shipping on $25 orders.
Thanks! I WILL check it out!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2018, 09:47 AM   #17  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadsonView Post
Welcome back to scrapbooking, and to SplitcoastStamper, Deelbug! I am an old style scrapper because I have so much stash! And, unfortunately I still find stuff to buy! I don’t know where you are located, but I still see kits at Joann’s and Hobby Lobby, papers and embellishments there also as well as at Michaels. We also have a LSS here with all the newest papers and supplies. They also have classes, and even better, sponsor 3 to 4 day Scrap retreats!

And right here on SplitcoastStamper we have a group of scrappers who set monthly goals and have challenges to encourage the achieving of those goals! Come join us! This is a link to all our forums:
Scrapbooking - Splitcoaststampers

Here is our goals forum:
Page 2 - September Scrappin and Chatter - sbc18sep - Splitcoaststampers

Look forward to seeing you over there! Feel free to ask any questions! Just jump in!

Thank you! I will try to venture into Challenges! Ive been scrapbooking a lot this week! I did manage to get some paper at Joanns on sale a few days ago. I also ordered some My Minds Eye paper from Happyscrappin. Thank you for welcoming me and the advice

Last edited by Deedlbugg; 09-19-2018 at 09:47 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2018, 09:49 AM   #18  
Cardstock Collector

I will def need more research on the cutters. Its overwhelming but know it will save me time and open a new world. Im tired of using my exacto knife!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2018, 10:35 AM   #19  
Kookie Creator

Smile Me, too

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeedlbuggView Post
Thank you for your reply. I have a lot of inventory and no desire to get into the digital scrap booking part. I like the more tactile stuff. I'm behind however I'm not as upset about that as I am that I may not be able to find the things I'm looking for. I miss the old papers. I miss the little scrapbook stores on the corners and the scrap booking expos. Oh well, I'm sure I'll find some and maybe this forum will help

I miss those stores - the chatting, sharing, giggling -walking away with things I don't need but feel privileged to be able to buy anyway..all that stuff. I need to do some scrapbooking and feel the time is almost here. I'll finish my card obligations and then I'm diving in. I'll need to use what I have for the most part but I have an SU distributor and there's a scrapbook lady I can order online from or go visit her newly opened store in Edmonton, Alberta - a 3 hour drive from me.
I'm not into digital although I do hope to explore it sometime.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2018, 07:11 PM   #20  
Glitter Queen

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Frantic Stamper is my new favorite!

Yes, all the wonderful local stores have shuttered, and the rage seems to be toward prepackaged items that you can stick in a planner or album quickly. That said, I have recently discovered Frantic Stamper...where have I been that I've never noticed this online treasure before? It's even better for me, as she is located in my home state of Oregon, so shipping costs are minimal. She is constantly receiving new inventory from around the world; my favorite paper companies currently are from Poland, but I noticed she just got in some beautiful dies from Australia and Russia. She ships quickly and every Wednesday she has a "50 for 50%" sale where she picks 50 items and marks them half off. I love Fran and Frantic Stamper!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2018, 03:29 AM   #21  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 231 Likes on 146 Posts

Welcome back to scrapping! I took a long hiatus as well partly due to life getting in the way and the other part bc I couldn’t find albums comparable to the Creative Memories ones I had loved. Well, they are back in business and so am I. The scrapbook goals group that Sharon mentioned above has been instrumental for me to get going and stay consistent. I highly recommend you checking them out. They have become my scrap/crop buddies that I miss so very much from that time when I knew others scrapping. I have learned a ton from these ladies and my old style has started evolving as a result. I didn’t realize how much I missed it and truly enjoyed it until I started again. It really is my happy place! Sharon hosts a Stashbuster Challenge each month that has become my favorite challenge. It feels so good to use things I’ve had for nearly 20 years! I do cards now, too and enjoy this outlet as well. I have a Cricut and love it, but completely agree with advice above to figure out how you think you will use the cutters before diving in. I buy things online from Creative Memories, Scrapbook.comon occasion, and Hobby Lobby/Michael’s in town. I did find the coolest scrapbook store in Branson, MO which is about an hour from where I live that I didn’t even know was still there. Took someone from an online forum to mention it for me to know. Maybe you will get that lucky as well! Glad to have you and hope you join us regularly in the goals group.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2018, 08:45 AM   #22  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 156 Likes on 105 Posts

Hey, everyone! Good to see new faces to our scrapbooking world.

Did not know CM was back. I use the Oval cutting system from them and thought I was out of luck if I ever needed new blades, good to know I can get them again.
As for the Scan N Cut, I must say it is totally a good thing to have if you don't want to hand cut or use a die for your stamped items. I use dies, but not for my stamped images. My favorite die cutter is the Gemini, it applies pressure across the whole die, unlike the others. I also use my Cricut for page titles mostly, but I'm sure I could also do it with the SnC. Even though I've had the Cricut for years, my DD had to have the SnC. There are plenty of times I do want to cut out stamped images, so very glad to have it.
My favorite online store is A Cherry on Top. They also have great challenges too and give GCs for the challenges as well.
Of course, my heart belongs first and foremost to the ladies here!
Please join us when you can! Scrapbooking - Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2018, 09:06 AM   #23  
Glitter Guru

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

I am fortunate to live in an area with very active scrappers. While we do not have many LSS stores left there are a couple, all three box stores for supplies, mostly tools. For some reason I like the paper pads that Michaels sells...at a fabulous price during their sales.

We do seem to have crop every week, by different hostess in different venues with a variety of people that come from surrounding towns and states. Recently a lady opened a scrap store, antique store, crop room where we gather regularly to scrap. For the most part the crops are low in price...if all meals are provided then the price of the crop goes up.
Getting back into scrapping can be a daunting task with all the new "gadgets" out there. A few products are what I consider a necessity!

A good cutter - personally I find an Exacto knife to be exhausting for the hands.

A good ruler - see-thru

A good cutting mat - depending on the cutting system you want to use.

Good stamping system - I am not much of a card maker but finding a stamp positioning system that works is worth the cost! I will now use my stamps on layouts and to make embellishments.

Scrap Challenges - for motivation and inspiration!! Here at Splitcoast and Scrapbook.com

YouTube and Pintrest - love both sights, Pintrest for inspiration and YouTube for knowledge of products and how to use them.

Online places I shop at Scrapbook.com and Cherry on Top, and for a few things Amazon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2018, 05:29 AM   #24  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,302 Likes on 937 Posts

Welcome back to scrapping.......I live in Oz so don't have all the wonderful stores the ladies talk about but do shop on Amazon and occasionally order through some US stores.

Hope you check out the monthly scrapbooking goals forum.....all of the ladies are welcoming and supportive and I love joining in on their chats....they have become my crafty friends and you will get lots of inspiration and help...please come join us.

I've found that the hardest part is to start a project, however I think Sharon's stashbuster challenge may help you to make a start. Her challenge gives you focus and once you have the tools all you need are the photos and papers. Check it out.

Look forward to seeing you on the thread.
Monthly: MMJ Challenge….
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2018, 06:17 AM   #25  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm a die hard scrapbooker (pun intended) myself. While I still have 2 events and my whole childhood to scrap, I still find time to make cards. I'm into instant gratification so having to order online is really disapointing. I try to make it a point to buy from the only two stores near me so they don't close either.

While this hobby has changed drastically over the last 20 years, there still lots of things to buy and make that can bring you joy. You just need to find what suits you and go with it. So what if it's "old school"? If you like it, that's all that matters. If you want to learn something new, branch out to the community like you did with this post. It's amazing on the talent that's out there.
Reply With Quote Likes