Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-29-2018, 07:06 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New here

Hey! All! I'm Sue Ellen from south Florida, a very wet Florida lately LOL I have been here before for card ideas but, am finally ready to be active, learn new techniques, and help others through card making.

I am married, Christian, have 6 fur children ( 2 dogs, lab mixes, 4 cats and many guppies that live outside). I love gardening and raising butterflies, am a American Civil War reenactor (Union and abolishinist) sewer, spinner (spinning wheel type not biking), card maker, and just about any craft that passes by me LOL ( You can never stop learning a new craft right?!) history buff,lifelong learner, and love BBC shows, English comedy and mysteries.

Excited to learn new card techniques and get to know other card makers!

Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature
may heal and give strength to body and soul alike.
Keep close to nature's heart ...
and break clear away, once in a while, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean.
God never made an ugly landscape. John Muir

Psalm 73:26
My flesh and heart may fail, God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2018, 06:39 PM   #2  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

Hi!
I'm up north of you in NYC.
I also love BBC murder shows like Midsomer Murders, Inspector Morse/Lewis, etc etc. Esp in winter while doing jigsaw puzzles with a hot drink. Right now we are loving New Tricks.

Wow...I cant say I have met someone who raises butterflies (I would love to hear more about that!) or spins-I have only seen that in reenactment towns.

See you around on the board!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2018, 11:37 PM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 292 Likes on 127 Posts

Hello, welcome! There’s lots to explore here, just shout if we can help with anything as you find your way around. If you haven’t already signed up for the weekly newsletter that’s a great way of getting an alert to the new tutorial for the week.

Always lovely to see our BBC being appreciated beyond our shores ;)

I’m currently working my way through all the Inspector Morse books on Audible (having not really watched the TV show). Some aspects have not necessarily dated well but they’re fun and I like the narrator (Samuel West).

My blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2018, 05:20 AM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavejumperView Post
Hi!
I'm up north of you in NYC.
I also love BBC murder shows like Midsomer Murders, Inspector Morse/Lewis, etc etc. Esp in winter while doing jigsaw puzzles with a hot drink. Right now we are loving New Tricks.

Wow...I cant say I have met someone who raises butterflies (I would love to hear more about that!) or spins-I have only seen that in reenactment towns.

See you around on the board!
yes, loved Inspector Morse the older ones and the new Endeavor! ohhh it is sooo good! I love my butterflies and recently just sighted some hummingbirds, which is not common where I live in the city. Basically if you plant it, they will come LOL I would put a pic of me and my spinning wheel but, I cannot get the pic to the size needed for this website. LOL

I have a few videos of the butterflies if you check out my facebook page.
See ya!

Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature
and break clear away, once in a while, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean.

My flesh and heart may fail, God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2018, 08:56 AM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgpunkyView Post
I would put a pic of me and my spinning wheel but, I cannot get the pic to the size needed for this website. LOL
If you�ve been trying to add a pic and getting an error it�s probably nothing to do with the size - you need a minimum of ten posts (and/or gallery comments) before you can attach a picture in a thread. It�s just a �safety net� to stop nasty spammers registering and posting icky stuff! You�re at nine posts so one more and you should be able to add a pic!

My blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2018, 10:33 AM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelnorthView Post
Ifyou�ve been trying to add a pic and getting an error it�s probably nothing to do with the size - you need a minimum of ten posts (and/or gallery comments) before you can attach a picture in a thread. It�s just a �safety net� to stop nasty spammers registering and posting icky stuff! You�re at nine posts so one more and you should be able to add a pic!

Ohhh thank you for the info! ok, got it.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2018, 10:39 AM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelnorthView Post
Hello,welcome! There�s lots to explore here, just shout if we can help with anything as you find your way around. If you haven�t already signed up for the weekly newsletter that�s a great way of getting an alert to the new tutorial for the week.

Always lovely to see our BBC being appreciated beyond our shores ;)

I�m currently working my way through all the Inspector Morse books on Audible (having not really watched the TV show). Some aspects have not necessarily dated well but they�re fun and I like the narrator (Samuel West).
Hello! I grew up watching Masterpiece Theatre with Alistair Cooke narrating. I can still hear his voice! I watched the original Upstairs Downstairs with my mother and now my hubby and I watch the Endeavor series or whatever mystery is on PBS. I love Audible! I am listening to a Vera Stanhope mystery now. Funny you should mention Inspector Morse books, I was thinking f seeing if they had Colin Dexter's books. I also love Ann Cleeves series Shetland.
I will sign up for the tutorials. I am especially looking for tuts on using Prismacolor pencils as I have a set. I need lots of guidance on my coloring, I see so much incredible cards here with spectacular colored images.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2018, 11:02 AM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Alistair Cooke used to have a regular 15 minute radio programme on my beloved BBC Radio 4 called Letter From America that was a “must listen” in our house for many years until he stopped doing it just before he died. So I’ll join you in still hearing his voice!

I think Sam West has read all the Morse book for Audible, I’m only up to book four but I can see a whole raft of others yet to explore.

There are certainly tutorials here that use pencils - if you haven’t already explored, just click on the Tutorials link (near top right of the screen) and then you could try a search on “pencils” to see what’s already there. There’s a Prismacolor chat thread too - it’s a “sticky” thread in the Tool and Product Talk section of the forum so you’ll always find in in the first few threads listed there. Might be worth a look through to see if there’s anything useful there for you.

My blog
Reply With Quote Likes