Thread: Trendy Llamas
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2018, 11:05 PM   #13
lylacfey
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by dini View Post
I've hit on some trends in my own illustrations, but no one's telling me what to do... some trends are seasonal (like mermaids now)... a lot are just spinoffs of what we're all seeing in social media, advertising, etc. Someone was asking in another stamp group if there's like a think tank for stamp illustrators - there's not.
Are you freelance? One of my friends was telling me she has to set down with a list and pick through trendy subjects when designing scrapbook lines. She does work for a major company. I would have block if I did that. Luckily, I don't design for crafting. I never will. Been asked and said NO emphatically. I will stick with my gaming. Good fit for me. No, llama's will be drawn in my next project, lol. I actually don't think I could draw a llama. He would be a dark llama holding a sword or something. Probably the only way I could make that work.

That would be an interesting concept of a think tank for stamp illustrators. I love stamping because of the variety. One stamp company I can have lovely traditional while the other I can have something crazy and trendy. I am glad stamp illustrator's do what they want to do without limits. For me I want a variety of stamps in different subjects. I seriously doubt I would ever stamp if it was all trendy. That's where my stickers come in. Trust me I want a llama stamp more than anything but I also want ocean scene's and feathers and lots of other subjects.

Are there think tanks in the paper crafting industry at all? I only thought the companies set down with design trends and Pantone's color of the year and came up with concepts for their newer lines. I should say scrapbooking does that and maybe some of the larger stamp companies do this.

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams

Last edited by lylacfey; 06-20-2018 at 11:08 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!