Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-18-2017, 05:39 AM   #1  
Stampin' Fool

Received 279 Likes on 79 Posts
Smile Tupelo Designs Sale a lot of freebies and free shipping

Good sale at Tupelo Designs since this is birthday month!
WE HAVE FREE GIFTS FOR YOU DURING OUR BIRTHDAY MONTH: FREE DESK CALENDAR ($15 VALUE) AND FREE RANGER MINI INK BLENDING TOOL ($3 VALUE) WITH EVERY ORDER! FREE STAMP ($15 VALUE) WITH EVERY ORDER OVER $20.17. YOU WILL RECEIVE FREE GIFTS VALUED AT $18 WITH EVERY ORDER! AND IF YOUR ORDER IS OVER $20.17, THE FREE GIFTS THAT YOU RECEIVE WILL TOTAL $33!!! FREE GIFTS WITH PURCHASE WILL SHIP SEPARATELY IN LATE JANUARY,FREE SHIPPING (ON US ORDERS)-------------------------------------------------VALENTINE'S DAY SALE- CLICK ON VALENTINE'S DAY LINK (UNDER SHOP MENU)-UPTO 40% OFF--

https://www.tupelodesignsllc.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2017, 07:08 PM   #2  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 492 Likes on 271 Posts

Wow, sounds like a deal!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2018, 07:26 PM   #3  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is Tupelo Designs still in business? I placed an order a couple of weeks ago. I got the standard order received email and the money was paid through PayPal, but, I have yet to receive any shipping information and I have sent two emails that have not been responded to.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2018, 07:43 AM   #4  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I used to order from them, and even posted here about them. Sometimes they had the lowest prices, and were very quick to respond to emails. That changed - maybe they grew too fast?

My last orders weren’t acknowledged, and there were long delays. If I emailed, some items would ship, but others were missing, marked as back-ordered on a packing slip, although that wasn’t noted on the site. I didn’t get shipping notices.

It bothered me that they were using free USPS Priority Mail supplies, though they were not using the USPS to ship. They’d wrap Priority boxes in brown paper. I did email them about it - and stopped ordering from them some time ago.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2018, 07:48 AM   #5  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 492 Likes on 271 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjeansView Post
I used to order from them, and even posted here about them. Sometimes they had the lowest prices, and were very quick to respond to emails. That changed - maybe they grew too fast?

My last orders weren�t acknowledged, and there were long delays. If I emailed, some items would ship, but others were missing, marked as back-ordered on a packing slip, although that wasn�t noted on the site. I didn�t get shipping notices.

It bothered me that they were using free USPS Priority Mail supplies, though they were not using the USPS to ship. They�d wrap Priority boxes in brown paper. I did email them about it - and stopped ordering from them some time ago.

Good luck!
Companies that do that should be reported to the Post Office- it's theft of packaging materials which ends up part of the reason postage goes up & up. I can see reusing packaging that one gets personally, but businesses that cut corners by stealing boxes from the PO need reporting.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2018, 07:53 AM   #6  
Glitter Queen

Thanks. I am giving it til Monday. If I don’t hear anything, I am going to report to PayPal aand get them to re else the payment. I will not order again, no mater how badly I want something.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2018, 07:56 AM   #7  
Gallery Gazer

You make a good point.They said they received shipping supplies in a bundle from their shipping supply supplier. But if true they certainly could tell the supplier not to send them.

I haven’t ordered from them for a long time, so don’t know if they’re still doing that. If they are, complaints would probably go to the Post Office Inspector General’s office.
Hotline | USPS Office of Inspector General
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2018, 05:18 AM   #8  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanicedavisView Post
Thanks. I am giving it til Monday. If I don�t hear anything, I am going to report to PayPal aand get them to re else the payment. I will not order again, no mater how badly I want something.
I am curious what ever happened with this situation? I ordered from them and its been almost a month and my order hasn't even shipped yet. But they sure did take my money right away. None of the items I ordered were back ordered.They are very unresponsive and this certainly isnt a way to keep customers. This will be my last time ordering. I am just not sure what I should do about my order at this point! I am all about supporting small businesses but this is ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2018, 05:29 AM   #9  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftTgirlView Post
I am curious what ever happened with this situation? I ordered from them and its been almost a month and my order hasn't even shipped yet. But they sure did take my money right away. None of the items I ordered were back ordered.They are very unresponsive and this certainly isnt a way to keep customers. This will be my last time ordering. I am just not sure what I should do about my order at this point! I am all about supporting small businesses but this is ridiculous.

Did you email them? That shook loose my last order, although it was only partially filled. Then they had to give me a credit, which I emailed them about as well.

If you paid by credit card, you can dispute the charge. Generally you just have to call the number on the back of your card; they may send you a form. But if you dispute it, you wouldn�t at the same time try to get Tupelo to send the order.

It�s really too bad this is happening - for us customers and also Tupelo, since it was such nice company, nice owner. I kind of feel like I need to go find my old posts saying how good they were and add a note to each one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2018, 06:11 AM   #10  
Cardstock Collector

I used PayPal and I am really considering opening up a dispute. I don't want to but I feel like Tupelo is leaving me no choice. I did email them and when I finally got a response I was told it would be shipped that same week and still nothing. At first I was thinking maybe the order went out and they just forgot to send me a tracking number. Thats not the case. I checked their website for my order status and its still sitting there, untouched. Had I known service was this terrible I never would have ordered from them in the first place. I will give them another couple of days, which honestly still seems like too much. Then I'm going to contact Paypal.
I truly wonder how many other people are dealing with the same issues with this company?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2018, 06:28 AM   #11  
Glitter Queen

On the 3rd email, I said I was giving it until Monday and then I will contact PayPal. Saturday morning I got an email stating it will ship this week, overnight mail. Did they realize Saturday was the last day of the week? If I don’t get it within a couple of days, I will notify PayPal. Certainly not a way to run a business. I won’t order again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2018, 09:58 PM   #12  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Swapper of the Month November 2012

Received 205 Likes on 158 Posts

Still waiting for 3 embossing folders ordered on January 27.

It’s weird being the same age as old people.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2018, 07:32 AM   #13  
Glitter Queen

I just got another email saying it will ship next Wednesday.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2018, 02:17 PM   #14  
Insane Embellisher

Thank you for making this info available so others can decide if they want to chance ordering from this company.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2018, 01:06 PM   #15  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I messaged Tupelo again. They have finally refunded my PayPal account for the 3 embossing folders I ordered in January and never received. Loved the selection and free shipping but I think they have lost my business.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2018, 01:39 PM   #16  
Glitter Queen

The shipping is free because they don’t send it. They say they send it with greyhound speed, but I think that dog has seen a lot better days. Needs to retire from racing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2018, 04:47 AM   #17  
Cardstock Collector

I will finally be contacting PayPal today. No response after 3 emails. How long did it take for you to recieve your Paypal refund. I am beside myself with this company. How do they expect to keep customers with service like this?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2018, 06:31 AM   #18  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I emailed on the 9th and received the PayPal refunds on the 10th. I had been emailing about once a month prior to this. I won�t be ordering from them again.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2018, 02:19 PM   #19  
Rubber Obsessor

I have also been getting the run around over some washi tape I ordered back in Feb that has not yet shipped. They keep replying that I should contact them again in a couple weeks if it is still not received. What???? Why should it be up to me to follow up? I have just sent an email asking for a refund. I also will not order from them again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2018, 04:43 PM   #20  
Glitter Queen

Default Tupelo Design

after 2 months, I got part of my order yesterday. Overnight FedEx. Had to cost a small fortune.

They said the rest of my order (about 1/2 of the original orde) is on backorder.

A couple of thoughts here. One is that they don�t care about being in business and the other is the motto �Greyhound Fast�. If this is as fast as that greyhound gets, don�t put him in the race.

Reminds me of O My Crafts. All of a sudden, they got slow in shipping, then they started saying regular items were on backorder. Then they did a huge blitz on pre-ordering items. Then they stalled and made excuses until it was too late to dispute charges and announced they were closing the doors immediately. I had 2 orders open. Total together was over $100.00; but some people got cheated out of a lot more.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2018, 05:53 PM   #21  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Only got a refund for 2 of the 3 back ordered items. Sent an email with no response.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2018, 02:32 PM   #22  
Cardstock Collector

I am livid right now. This is the worst customer service I have ever recieved in my life. After a month of not receiving my package I opened a PayPal dispute. Rather than Tupelo responding to PayPal they decide to FedEx me and overnight PARTIAL package. I ordered items that are part of collections because that is how I choose to craft. Whats the point if they sent me some items and not others. So now I have to sit here and wait.....what another month to get the rest of my items. I cant complete any of the projects I had in mind without the rest of the items. I emailed Tupelo again so we will see how long it takes for me to get a response. How is this even legal. Taking customers money and not sending products. Advertising items on their website when they clearly arent in stock. The sad part is, the items that I didnt recieve are still showing in stock on the website. Its like they are willingly taking peoples money knowing they dont have the product. Honestly I am at my wits end with this company. This is the very reason why some people are afraid to take chances and support small businesses.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2018, 03:13 PM   #23  
Embossing Fanatic

I am sorry for you gals who are having problems. I have ordered twice and the second order had problems. I was ordering parts of a collection that looked like they were in stock but he says they weren't, so I have missing parts. I emailed him a couple of times about that and he did not address the issue. So I have unsubscribed from emails, not ordering again. I very much appreciate when people tell us about customer service and product quality issues so we can be wiser in our purchasing decisions
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2018, 03:13 PM   #24  
Gallery Gazer

craftTgirl, that�s so unfair, I can feel your anger and would feel the same way. But you don�t have to sit there and wait.

I�d suggest emailing and telling them that you expect (choose one): 1) a full refund and postage paid return shipping label since the partial order did not fulfil their obligation and does you no good, or 2) a full refund including the cost for you to return their items, or 3) the rest of your items within X number of days. And that if this does not occur by ____ you will make a complaint to the Federal Trade Commission (on line form URL below), the Texas office of consumer protection as well as your own state, and the Better Business Bureau.

Take screen shots of items that are theoretically in stock.

FTC: GettingStarted - FTC Complaint Assistant
(They won�t respond to you directly, just look for patterns of fraud.)

(Unless a shop or is known to be reputable, I prefer credit cards over PayPal. Disputes take a quick phone call. Obviously credit card banks vary in how they treat customers, but whenever I�ve contacted ours because I don�t recognize a charge, one of the first questions they ask is whether I want to dispute it and if so they�ll refund my money immediately with a follow up form. Reputable shops hate disputes. When a charge isn�t recognized it�s almost always because a company is doing business under a different name.)

Last edited by bjeans; 06-19-2018 at 03:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2018, 08:17 AM   #25  
Rubber Obsessor

FYI - I heard the business was sold to someone else in 2016.

There's a sale going on right now which would be a good buy on some things I wanted, especially with free shipping. But it sounds like it's not worth the risk of all the hassle. :( This isn't the first I've heard of slow shipping and lousy customer service when dealing with getting the orders. :( The saving makes it soooo tempting though. *sniff*
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2018, 07:45 PM   #26  
Stampin' Fool

I've ordered from Tupelo quite a few times, with never an issue until recently. It has always taken them a week or two to ship, but the overnight FedEx delivery sort of made up for that.

During their big birthday sale in January, I won a Tim Holtz Tonic Stamp Platform, which was to be shipped in February. On March 6, I emailed to ask about it, no answer. Emailed again on March 16, and was told it would ship in early April, and I asked to please submit my address again (Why???).

I placed another order on April 11, which was shipped on May 17. I included a note about my birthday sale win, asking if the platform could be included with my order to save them some shipping costs. It wasn't. I was disappointed, but at the time of the order the platform wasn't showing as in stock. I had hoped that they would get a delivery by the time the order shipped.

Upon reading this thread, I've gone back to check Tupelo's store, and the stamp platform is now showing in stock, so I guess it is time to send them a more directly-worded email.

Part of me feels badly, since this is a win from a drawing and no money is out of my pocket. But, they offered the prize to everyone who ordered during the birthday sale, and drew my name. They should make good on that. I can't help but wonder if the other people who won stuff ever got it.

Mary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2018, 02:17 PM   #27  
Cardstock Collector

I wish I had read this thread before ordering from them several times in the past few days. It has “only” been 10 days since my very first order, but I have heard nothing from them other than my order confirmations. I emailed them yesterday, since I have never before dealt with a company that was so slow to ship without informing me of the reason for the delay. I haven’t received a response yet. Their website states that they had two employees who had become ill and were not able to continue to work, but that they had hired new ones who were taking inventory of the warehouse. The delay in shipping orders was to have been remedied by the end of May. After reading this thread, I wonder if I will ever receive my orders at all. For those of you familiar with these things, what would be a reasonable amount of time to wait before contacting PayPal and my credit card company to open a dispute and hopefully get a refund?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2018, 08:48 PM   #28  
Stampin' Fool

Just a quick update to my post #26 above. I sent a very polite email on June 26 to ask for an update about the stamp platform. There has been no answer, so I guess I'm not to expect one.

My order of June 16 has not yet shipped. Everything was supposedly in stock. That will probably be my last order from them for a while, which is truly a shame.

I think the notice about 2 sick employees has been there since April at least. They keep running sales, and the July 4 sale even had prize drawings. If they haven't yet fulfilled prizes won in January, they shouldn't be doing new ones. If shipping times are over a month, then having new sales will just make them worse. Then they have annoyed customers who might decide they aren't worth the hassle...

Mary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2018, 03:09 AM   #29  
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts

Mary, I would report them to the Better Business Bureau and file a dispute with your credit card company/PayPal. And continue to spread the word so no one else buys from them. If they're on social media, you should try posting there. Good luck, and I hope you get either your money back or your order delivered.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2018, 08:24 PM   #30  
Stampin' Fool

Update to posts 26 and 28 above:

I sent another email on July 17, and surprisingly got a quick response that both my June 16 order and the stamp platform I won way back in January would ship that week.

Of course, they didn't...

At least on July 27 a partial order did ship, leaving out the 2 items I wanted most.

Their store is currently showing the stamp platform available with 8 in stock. I just sent yet another (polite but firm) email saying that I don't want to be forced into filing a PayPal claim, and asking what they intend to do about the unshipped items from my order and the platform.

So the running count now is that I've sent 7 emails, they have answered 2. I haven't found a phone number.

They're still advertising sales, but took 6 weeks to ship a partial order of things that were all supposed to be in stock. I'm having trouble imagining what kind of business thinks that is an acceptable everyday way to conduct business.

Mary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2018, 05:06 PM   #31  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcbenjamView Post
Update to posts 26 and 28 above:

I sent another email on July 17, and surprisingly got a quick response that both my June 16 order and the stamp platform I won way back in January would ship that week.

Of course, they didn't...

At least on July 27 a partial order did ship, leaving out the 2 items I wanted most.

Their store is currently showing the stamp platform available with 8 in stock. I just sent yet another (polite but firm) email saying that I don't want to be forced into filing a PayPal claim, and asking what they intend to do about the unshipped items from my order and the platform.

So the running count now is that I've sent 7 emails, they have answered 2. I haven't found a phone number.

They're still advertising sales, but took 6 weeks to ship a partial order of things that were all supposed to be in stock. I'm having trouble imagining what kind of business thinks that is an acceptable everyday way to conduct business.

Mary
Ugh No business I want to try to work with. I don't know why/if companies think we don't tell each other what is going on.

Don't wait much longer on that TH platform. They are not going to be selling them stateside much longer. I know it isn't fair, but if you really want it, you gotta make a move soon. It might be possible they cant meet demand of people who paid for them now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2018, 08:04 AM   #32  
Stampin' Fool

Wavejumper,

I've considered purchasing one, especially once it was announced that production would stop. Tupelo has shown 8 in stock for the past couple of weeks. So all I can assume is that they are not intending to ever ship it.

Mary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2018, 08:17 AM   #33  
Stampin' Fool

Aug 3 update: There has been no answer to my 7/31 email mentioned in post #30. But of the remaining items from the 6/16 order one shipped and is out for delivery today, the other was refunded. So it took 7 weeks this time, but there is resolution.

However, they have not answered the question of what they intend to do about stamp platform prize that I won back in January. It was originally supposed to be shipped in February, then April, then June, then definitely the week of July 17.

As mentioned earlier, they are showing 8 platforms in stock. To not ship one of them to a prize winner from over 6 months ago shows a deliberate decision. I wish I could contact the other winners to see if they received their prizes.

If they kept updated shipping info somewhere I would be fine with slow orders. It seems to be getting slower and slower. With no communication and unanswered emails, a customer is left to wonder whether the company is about to go under and therefore a bad risk even if the prices are good.

Not fulfilling announced prizes - with that I'm definitely not fine.

Mary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2018, 02:58 PM   #34  
Stampin' Fool

Aug 3 Update #2: Well, well! I wasn't home when the backordered die set was delivered by FedEx today, but was so very excited to see that the box was too big for just dies (the tracking had said the package was 8 ounces). Tupelo finally sent the stamp platform promised since January!

I'm very excited to finally get it, and will need to try it out tonight. I almost ordered a platform this morning from another vendor, thinking that Tupelo would never come through.

With all the struggles with this order and the prize delivery, I'm not ready to order from them again anytime soon, but do wish them the best. If they can work their way back to being a reliable shipper, that is good for everyone in the crafting community. They carry lots of brands and usually have good prices. I would really like to be a customer again at some point.

Mary
Reply With Quote Likes