Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-15-2018, 02:17 PM   #1  
Crimping Master

Received 39 Likes on 12 Posts
Default How do you think Hobby Lobby

... will be when they are all done with their clearance? Will they eventually have new stamp supplies and things useful to us stampers/crafters?

I went to a Hobby Lobby last week and the papercrafting aisles were rather empty and really sad. There were huge amounts of things gone from the shelves and no new product. Each section was noticeably smaller and some areas were almost empty. There did seem to be new planner supplies, but nothing new in papercrafting. There was a great deal more home decor spilling into the outer aisles that used to be crafting supplies.

What direction do you think they are going? I've been shopping Hobby Lobby stores for many years and for the first time that I can remember I left with nothing creative. I purchased a storage box and that was all. I wonder if I need to keep checking back or if they are moving to more of a home decor store. What do you think?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2018, 04:03 PM   #2  
Mad Swapper

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

I live within 3 miles of 3 Hobby Lobby stores. About a month ago, I felt the same. It was a very sad and mournful aisle, in all 3 stores. But now, there is a whole lot of really neat new stuff! When I thought about it, I realized that they'd had pretty much the same paper craft merchandise for years. Now it's new and much fresher.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2018, 04:00 AM   #3  
Crimping Master

Oh, that is great news! I am hopeful that the stores I go to will be updating just like your stores. Thanks for your reply.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2018, 04:06 AM   #4  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 588 Likes on 240 Posts

I haven't strolled the aisles at HL for a few months and I'm curious what is new there. Glad to hear they may have upped the paper crafting choices. The two stores that are closest to me are completely different in stock and layout so I may have to make a day of it next week.
Mary Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2018, 07:20 AM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

I really miss our Hobby Lobby since it closed. The nearest one is almost 50 miles away so I do not go shopping there - only when passing on the way to somewhere else.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2018, 01:17 PM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I was just at Hobby Lobby this weekend in the suburbs of IL and the aisles were full - however an entire aisle were gone. However it was all old merchandise. The clearance section was nothing special. I hope they revamp this Hobby Lobby. It's an hour and half away from me since I'm in the city, so I don't go there often, but when I do - it's most of the same old stuff in terms of crafting.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2018, 02:12 PM   #7  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been checking my HL regularly and finding some good deals as they clearance some of the paper crafting stuff. I got 5 EK flat punches for $4 each, and 6 copic sketch markers for $2 each (they are changing what colors they carry). Plus a bunch of embellishments and things like that. Unfortunately, our HL seems to be reducing the area for paper crafting, so I'm just hoping they just focus on quality. They've been out of distress inks for a while.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2018, 07:17 PM   #8  
Gallery Gazer

Received 99 Likes on 66 Posts

I went over the weekend, and the HL closest to me was in the middle of resetting their paper crafting aisles. The girls there told me they had a ton of stuff in the back, but needed to redo the aisles first. So I have hope!

Oh, and they already have Fourth of July stuff up front by the entrance door...sigh...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2018, 01:36 PM   #9  
Stampin' Fool

Received 88 Likes on 33 Posts

Remember, HL does have online shopping and often, Free Shipping!
There are 3 store in town and the 2 I shop have re-done a lot. Many more dies, and new companies, not just Sizzix. Still have a double-sided aisle of Stickers! They added more Holtz stuff, but don't have the platform yet.
They have added to their Paper Studio branded line...many more patterned paper pads, large & small. They have always had fewer clear stamps than Michaels, but I rarely buy their styles anyway. Mike's is revamping, too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2018, 05:23 AM   #10  
Crimping Master

I had less than 10 minutes to do a quick walk-thru and pick up a couple of needed supplies. I was also surprised to see the stickers! Really? Do that many people use stickers? I guess they must, but it is surprising. Maybe it is a little kid thing? I am probably just missing the boat on this one since I don't use them personally. I thought the Tim Holtz section was slightly larger, which is a nice change. Things did seem to be mostly restocked, but just a little different version of what they used to carry. Having said that I think I need to spend more time to see if that was just my first impression or actually how things are now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2018, 05:42 AM   #11  
Kookie Creator

Received 52 Likes on 21 Posts

Oh, and they already have Fourth of July stuff up front by the entrance door...sigh..

Mine has all kinds of patriotic items up front too. I figure it's because of Memorial Day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2018, 09:16 AM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by annie*View Post
I had less than 10 minutes to do a quick walk-thru and pick up a couple of needed supplies. I was also surprised to see the stickers! Really? Do that many people use stickers? I guess they must, but it is surprising. Maybe it is a little kid thing? I am probably just missing the boat on this one since I don't use them personally. I thought the Tim Holtz section was slightly larger, which is a nice change. Things did seem to be mostly restocked, but just a little different version of what they used to carry. Having said that I think I need to spend more time to see if that was just my first impression or actually how things are now.

I used to Scrapbook before I got into cardmaking and I used stickers a bunch. Especially alphabet stickers. I agree the amount of stickers they have are plentiful - but I know back in the day I'd go there just for the stickers and the scrap-booking albums. I do use some stickers now - but only words or letters, when I'm altering tins and stuff and want words like Inspire and Create. Or making mini albums. Between the scrapbooking paper aisle, the scrapbook album aisle, and the stickers - I do think a portion of who they market to are scrapbookers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2018, 10:56 AM   #13  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I visited one of the local Hobby Lobby stores yesterday and they have done their reset. I was hopeful to see new merchandise but I walked out empty handed and underwhelmed. They have indeed removed an aisle, basically, at least in mt store just condensed what they already had. They may have received a few dies and embossing folders but not much else stood out. And stickers, why so many?? Online shopping seems to be the way things are going which is sad because ox stores will eventually lose their entire market share if they don't offer new and desired merchandise. I will hate to see that happen.

Honestly, Michaels and Joanns are no better.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2018, 02:09 PM   #14  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 973 Likes on 472 Posts

Stopped by our HL today after reading this thread yesterday. Looks like they've finished the updates to our store and we've lost 2 papercrafting aisles, too. Mostly we are reduced to tools, dies, cardstock and stickers.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2018, 02:49 PM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1,164 Likes on 498 Posts

yes, someone my are keeping the party aisle bigger. I hope wrong but I think Hobby Lobby will lose a lot craft customers I hope Hobby Lobby realized the mistake they are making! Just my thoughts on the matter. Thanks, Linda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2018, 05:09 PM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by annie*View Post
I think maybe the stickers are used a lot by scrapbookers, not card makers. Although I've made some cute cards using stickers by mounting them on die cuts and embellishing them.

Here's one I made for a granddaughter that turned out good, I think:

Happy Birthday, Clementine by buggainok at Splitcoaststampers

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes