Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-17-2017, 10:17 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone else struggle with shipping from Simon Says?

i am so frustrated with this place. I've noticed their shipping has always been slow compared to other companies but lately it's ridiculous. I realize they are in the midst of their Stamptember but everything I ordered was in stock and most likely not the most popular items frankly. I ordered something 2 weeks ago and it is still processing... Hasn't even shipped. I live an hour and a half from where they are located also. I have placed two other orders since this time and since none have shipped or processed I called to see if the could combine them and they won't do it. I appreciate that on this website people are not quick to criticize but IMO there is no excuse for this. I actually order much less from them than I used to since I realized how bad their customer service was. I've had nothing but awesome experiences when ordering direct from companies like MFT, Lawn Fawn, and The Ton. I usually get my orders in 3-4 days. Also Butterfly Refections and Hallmark Scrapbook have fast shipping and great customer service...plus incentive programs and great prices. Anyways I wonder if anyone else has this trouble with Simon? And yes I realize it's just stamping stuff and me getting it quickly is not that important in the scheme of things but it's still frustrating .
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2017, 12:55 PM   #2  
Gallery Gazer

I know that many other people have the same complaint as you.

I took a look at my order history. Average shipping time for them has been 3-4 days, which was surprising to me, because it seems much slower. My current order has been processing since the 14th-- there are only five items in the order-- although I am expecting this particular order to be slow with their Stamptember "event."

3-4 days to process and ship is kind of slow compared to other places, and anything longer than that I really don't understand, even in a busy sales period. I generally do NOT order from them if I have other options, but I wanted one of their exclusive sets.

Did you seek/did they offer any explanation for your 2 week old order?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2017, 05:08 PM   #3  
Crimping Master

I have always noticed that they are slower to ship than some others. They seem to take a lot of processing time. They have always been very accurate though in my experience. Twice over the years I duplicated an item and their CS was very responsive to cancelling it. The stuff comes well packed. The only time they were fast was when I was on vacation and didn't want it to hit my mailbox too soon. Go figure.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2017, 04:29 AM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

The order I placed on the 2nd , it was marked as completed on the 15th (Friday) and is scheduled to be delivered today (18th). No update e-mails were received in the interim to tell me what's going on which would've been appreciated. I've never had a delay like this from anyone but PTI and they let you know up front there will possibly be a delay.

I put the items in the cart on the 1st, when I went to finalize it on the 2nd it said one of the items was sold out so I had to remove it, which I did, and placed my order. When I checked the next day to see what the new Stamptember item was, I discovered that sold-out item was now listed as in stock again just 12 hours later. I've been putting things in my cart and watching them sell-out or just sit there since my first order was still in limbo. I wasn't ordering from them again until my first order was completed so I missed a few things I wanted like the Newton's Nook, sigh.

It stinks that they can't combine for those whose orders are in limbo for weeks but I kinda understand, it could be like the person on line at the supermarket in front of you who keeps running back and forth to get more items while the cashier is checking them out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2017, 09:00 AM   #5  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Simons is always slow. I've just learned to accept that. If I decide to order from them I tell myself it won't get to me any sooner then two weeks.Yes, every other place I order from is faster. SSS is so convenient because they carry so many different brands. I can get a variety of things for one shipping cost.
Plus, and I know it's SILLY....Tim Holtz seems to have a great relationship with them and I like him so I tend to have a good feeling about ordering from them despite the long shipping times.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2017, 04:44 PM   #6  
Gallery Gazer

I feel compelled to come share that I got a shipping notice today for my order from the 14th, so that's again basically four days. (The email got routed to my spam box, which is a little odd.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2017, 05:51 PM   #7  
Forum Fanatic

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

My order entered on Sept 6th is still "processing". All i ordered were some Daniel Smith watercolor dots...and was charged full bore postage if $7.95 for something that will fit in an envelope. Sigh...all this for the free happy birthday die. Live and learn, or in my case, live and continue to make the same mistakes over and over again! :confused:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2017, 08:15 PM   #8  
Matboard Maniac

I was really leary to order from SSS after reading so many negative reviews. I ran this by someone in the industry we all respect that is good friends with the owner and does business with this company continually. She assured me if there was a problem with my order, to contact her. I have ordered 3 times. Not the fastest, but everything arrives in full and good order each time. If I were someone special in the industry, orders might process more quickly. But, alas....I am not. I like the products and don't mind waiting an extra week. Slower is better than order being all screwed up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2017, 10:09 PM   #9  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,049 Likes on 809 Posts

Frantic Stamper also carry a very wide range (obviously not the SSS exclusives). No coupons or anything like that, but I always found Fran to be great for a one-stop shop and she always shipped promptly. It's been about three years since my budget and the exchange rate let me order from her, but I presume she's still the same.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2017, 03:11 AM   #10  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I've placed many orders with SSS. Most orders ship within a few days. During a big sale or event an order might take a little longer, but everything has shown up within a reasonable timeframe.

I emailed them once to ask if a stamp could be shipped quickly, since I had forgotten to complete an order and the card I was making was somewhat time sensitive - and that I understood if they couldn't expedite it. They shipped it the same day.

When in a big rush, I head to Amazon Prime (for Hero Arts, Ranger, etc.) The absolute worst for me - and they used to be good - is Tupelo Designs. But that's an OT story. : )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2017, 04:20 AM   #11  
Compulsive Stamper

If it's not a SSS exclusive, I just order it elsewhere now. They are notoriously slow to ship. Ellen Hutson, on the other hand, absolutely rocks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2017, 08:40 AM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My favorite thing about Simon Says Stamp... is they seem to have all the new releases first and all in one place. The last few years, they were one stop shop for stamps. I would place large orders with them and just deal with the slow shipping.

But I also used to think money grew on tress.

Now I pretty much buy all my stamps from 3 places: Ellen Hutson, Hallmark Scrapbook, and MFT. Super fast to ship, they have sales, free shipping after a certain amount, and daily discounts. All 3 of them have great customer service from my experience.

Yes I could pay more money and get everything in one place and wait longer to receive them. But that just doesn't work for me anymore, not with so many great companies we can support.

For Lawn Fawn, you cannot beat Hallmark Scrapbook prices. Someone here on SCS introduced me to that company, and now I only buy Lawn Fawn sets from there. I'm just about to place an order with them for a bunch of Lawn Fawn and Sunny Studio sets. Just this weekend, Ellen Huston had 20% off all stamps! I can't wait to get that package! And MFT - they have sales regularly and i just stock up when they have sales. And MFT gives you a free die w/ every $60 purchase. Some of them are so cute and I would have bought had they not been free.

Yes there are exclusives to SSS and I used the words "pretty much only" instead of simply "only" because of this. SSS has some things you can't get anywhere else. They had this one die I just had to have - so I sucked it up and paid shipping and waited over a week for it. I still love that die - I haven't used it yet, but I do love it! LOL. One brand of ink pads I also use is SSS ink pads which I typically buy only when they have a sale on their own brand. So unless it's something I can't get somewhere else faster and for less, I now split up orders between companies.

Until recently, i didn't care if I paid more since it was easier. But I now have a budget and it's amazing when you want to stretch your dollars out, you can actually get more crafting stuff for less simply by going to multiple stores or holding out for a sale.

Last edited by Catherine773; 09-19-2017 at 09:07 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2017, 10:19 AM   #13  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossView Post
My order entered on Sept 6th is still "processing". All i ordered were some Daniel Smith watercolor dots...and was charged full bore postage if $7.95 for something that will fit in an envelope. Sigh...all this for the free happy birthday die. Live and learn, or in my case, live and continue to make the same mistakes over and over again! :confused:
Susy,

I order the dots as well, along with some stamps and sequins. I finally got my Sept. 2nd order yesterday in a padded envelope. The dots were not protected in any way so they were pressed up against each other and the stamps/sequins. They were stuck to each other and when I peeled them apart some paper stuck to the dots. One of the dots looks like half the paint chipped off at some point. Just wanted to give you a heads-up. Fingers crossed for you.

fifi
(oh, and I didn't get the free die, they announced that the next day!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2017, 10:39 AM   #14  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by fifiwesfanView Post
Susy,

I order the dots as well, along with some stamps and sequins. I finally got my Sept. 2nd order yesterday in a padded envelope. The dots were not protected in any way so they were pressed up against each other and the stamps/sequins. They were stuck to each other and when I peeled them apart some paper stuck to the dots. One of the dots looks like half the paint chipped off at some point. Just wanted to give you a heads-up. Fingers crossed for you.

fifi
If you contact customer service they should take care of the problem with the dots. : ( I've only had one item have a problem (not shipping related) and they handled it, plus offered to help on another one that was kind of my fault.

For those of you who order from Hallmark, you might want to take a look at their return policy: 12 days, 20% restocking fee, authorization code, etc. They shouldn't stick to that tough policy if something is damaged but better safe (ask them first) than sorry?

And so agree about Ellen Hutson's speed. Plus they include a length of ribbon in each order and have just great CS. : )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2017, 11:31 AM   #15  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by fifiwesfanView Post
Susy,

fifi
:shock::shock::shock: So when my Watercolor dots arrive all mushed together and there is no freebie die included, I will shake my head and say "Fifi warned me!"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2017, 11:43 AM   #16  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I generally have good shipping times with Simon - things are sent out within a week, unless there's a major sale/event when it might take a few days longer. But I did have a couple of orders that took extraordinarily long to ship.

One of the orders had a pre-order/reserve item that I didn't see when I placed it. I had taken things in and out of my cart a lot over a couple of days and didn't notice that one of the items went from "in stock" to "reserve". As soon as they got the product, though, they shipped it out to me.

The second super long order was when they had a sale and had changed their shipping method to a third party shipping service that was just awful. I mean, they shipped the order within a week or so as usual, but it took 3 and a half weeks for their shipping partner to get it delivered to me. I stopped placing orders with Simon until someone confirmed they went back to USPS.

Maybe I'm weird, but I don't mind a little extra wait if I know my order will eventually get here safe and sound. If I ever need something really urgently, I get it from a place that guarantees 2-day shipping or a place where I can pay extra for 1-day shipping.

I recently made an order with a company that I bought several things from in the past. They were affected by Hurricane Harvey, and I thought they could use that little extra support. But they shipped only a part of my order with a note that the rest was "back ordered" - even though it's marked "in stock" on their website still and other customers can buy it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2017, 02:47 PM   #17  
Inking Addict

I was very relieved to receive my August 31st order today! They shipped it on September 5th, and I tracked it and it seemed to stop on September 9th. I was a bit worried as usually I can track it along the way. It's possible that Irma interfered with their system. I like to buy from SSS because they carry so many company lines, and for the same price. Their shipping rates are reasonable, and they often give a discount code (not this time though). I wonder if they realize that I will definitely use that code and buy more. Catherine773, what was the die you "needed"? I just might have to get it too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2017, 03:37 PM   #18  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laura339View Post
I was very relieved to receive my August 31st order today! They shipped it on September 5th, and I tracked it and it seemed to stop on September 9th. I was a bit worried as usually I can track it along the way. It's possible that Irma interfered with their system. I like to buy from SSS because they carry so many company lines, and for the same price. Their shipping rates are reasonable, and they often give a discount code (not this time though). I wonder if they realize that I will definitely use that code and buy more. Catherine773, what was the die you "needed"? I just might have to get it too.
It's now over a year and a half old... but I saw the cutest examples with it back then and couldn't sleep I wanted it so badly! I had bought that super cute SSS Exclusive Easter Peeps Stamp set and matching dies from 2016 and the samples made with this additional particular die were ADORABLE. This style is super popular now, so it's everywhere... but at the time - I hadn't seen one like this. Here it is...
https://www.simonsaysstamp.com/produ...8?currency=USD
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2017, 03:45 PM   #19  
Inking Addict

Thanks Catherine. That is really cute. I've added it to my list. That's something I like about SSS is that I can keep a running list of items I want and then go through it to place an order. Don't think I'll have any trouble sleeping though.��
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2017, 05:02 AM   #20  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Glad it arrived - and with a weekend and the Labor Day holiday in there, it shipped in two business days.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm better off without being able to track (not really) since when a package stops moving, you don't know if it was just a missed scan or a problem.

All this SSS talk has made me want their September kit. I'm not usually into kits but something about that one...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2017, 05:45 AM   #21  
Inking Addict

I'm tempted to get the kit too. Rnruns60, have you contacted them about the fact that your order is still processing? That happened to me once and there was a problem with one item. So, I told them to remove it and ship the rest. They gave me a refund on that item quickly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2017, 06:01 AM   #22  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

I'm tempted to get the kit too. Rnruns60, have you contacted them about the fact that your order is still processing? That happened to me once and there was a problem with one item. So, I told them to remove it and ship the rest. They gave me a refund on that item quickly.

I bought it. Clearly there's no hope if I can even get enabled in a thread about shipping problems.

I added the cost of pieces of the kit I liked, including consumables I'd buy anyway, and the kit was the better deal, plus you get a free gift - maybe the birthday die?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2017, 07:07 AM   #23  
Inking Addict

I've had the same experience, I placed an order for 2 items in the 1st part of last week and received a confirmation email, but so far no notice that it's been shipped or even that shipping is pending. Wonder if they've gotten so big and don't have the employees needed to handle all of the orders. I've also noticed the same thing in past orders. Once I make an inquiry suddenly I get a notice that items have shipped. It's frustrating. I've started just going to the manufacturing sites and seem to get quicker deliveries. Magee
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2017, 07:14 AM   #24  
Inking Addict

Think I'll give the Frantic Stamper a try, Magee
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2017, 08:45 AM   #25  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by mageeView Post
Think I'll give the Frantic Stamper a try, Magee
Fran's Frantic Stamper is wonderful. Once after she quickly answered several emailed questions, I told her she was like an LSS even though she's on line. She said something like that was her goal.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2017, 12:19 PM   #26  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm spoiled with Amazon shipping...alas, most vendors are not that quick. I've ordered from SSS and always been pleased with the products and the condition of the items when they arrived. The last order took a really long time, a couple of weeks. My friend placed an order on the same day and her order arrived in a couple of days. She felt sorry for me and somehow tracked down the problem...I had ordered several dies and she did not order any dies. SSS was waiting for my order to be complete so they only had one shipment.I'm trying not to accumulate so many toys, so perhaps this will keep me from ordering???!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2017, 12:46 PM   #27  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 154 Likes on 74 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjeansView Post
I bought it. Clearly there's no hope if I can even get enabled in a thread about shipping problems.
Had to laugh when I read this. So glad to know it's not just me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2017, 12:28 PM   #28  
Hardware Hotshot

They are by far the slowest. I placed an order on the 10th and another on the 15th and neither of them have shipped. Sigh. I get that it is Stamptember.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2017, 03:20 PM   #29  
Inking Addict

Bjeans, I ordered the it today too, along with a few other items. I'm not worried about the shipping time as we're going away for a week. Also, I have lots of new things to play with. I played with gilding flakes today for the first time. Glad I watched some videos first and opened the gilding flakes in a bigger plastic container. They are so light and fly away, but got an awesome effect.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2017, 03:57 PM   #30  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Bjeans, I ordered the it today too, along with a few other items. I'm not worried about the shipping time as we're going away for a week. Also, I have lots of new things to play with. I played with gilding flakes today for the first time. Glad I watched some videos first and opened the gilding flakes in a bigger plastic container. They are so light and fly away, but got an awesome effect.
Uh oh. I'm feeling an enabling coming on... ; )

BTW, I agree with Edie453 that Amazon Prime has moved the shipping time expectation needle for some of us. We live in a fast world.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2017, 05:25 PM   #31  
Matboard Maniac

I wonder if Jennifer McGuire has the same shipping delays as the rest of us. She loves and respects SSS.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2017, 05:37 PM   #32  
Gallery Gazer

To be fair, I - and I think some others that posted? - don't consider their shipping speed delayed; it's just not speedy. I'm not referring to the real problems some absolutely have had.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2017, 06:55 PM   #33  
Mad Swapper

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

123stitch.com is another great resource for some stamps and dies. They have lots of sales, pretty speedy shipping (Sun. order arrived on Fri from UT to NY), and reasonable shipping rates (SSS seems pricey in that regard to me).

I’ve been an SSS kit subscriber for quite a while and have to say their customer service has always been very responsive. If something is taking a long time, I wouldn’t hesitate to ask about it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2017, 06:03 AM   #34  
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm still waiting on an order I placed on Sept 9th for the Neat & Tangled exclusive. It still says processing and I am considering making an email inquiry about it since I just received the order I placed several days after that one. I'm a little nervous because an order I placed during Stamptember last year took two months to get shipped and that was after sending two email inquiries. Because of that bad experience, slow shipping times, and high shipping cost, I really only order from Simon Says Stamp for the exclusives. I would much prefer the exclusives being available the whole Stamptember month so I could place just one order for them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2017, 11:08 PM   #35  
Rubber Obsessor

I'm the original poster and I still have not received the order ....which IMO is ridiculous. I'll never order from them again. And I have to respectfully disagree...for a company that is physically an hour and a half from where I live to take on the average 10 days or more to get average orders to me (not stamptember)is unacceptable. I only have so many crafting dollars and I'll take them elsewhere. There are so many great companies with excellent customer service. I did call them about the order and got a lukewarm , sorry we've been busy response. And as for someone's question about Jennifer McGuire...she lives about 15 minutes from me and yes she "loves" the owner but that has little to do with their customer service. Oh well, live and learn and happily spend my money elsewhere
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2017, 04:41 AM   #36  
Matboard Maniac

Original poster.....contact Jennifer McGuire. When I was hesitant about ordering from them, she told me to let her know if I had an issue.....my order went smoothly. She speaks so highly of the company and owner.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2017, 07:19 AM   #37  
Forum Fanatic

I received my SSs order exactly 2 weeks from the time I ordered. It arrived beautifully packaged in an appropriately sized box, with paper wadding to keep items from shifting around and getting dinged up. All good as far as outside packaging goes.The inside packaging was a different story. I ordered 4 sheets of the new Daniel Smith watercolor dot sheets. They were all stacked together with no packaging to separate them, and 3 of the 4 sheets stuck to the back of the one on top of it. When I separated the sheets, the dots grabbed a hunk of the Watercolor paper from the other sheet - so I have paper stuck to the top of the color dots. Ugh!
I thought about taking photos and contacting them about the issue, but decided to save the time and effort and see if I could fix it. I was able to scrape most of stuck watercolor paper off the dots with a dull knife and I'm hoping the remaining amount will sluff off when I touch the dot with a wet brush.
I DID get the free birthday die that was being offered, so that was a plus.

Yes, I will order from SSS again when they have something exclusive that I can't get anywhere else, other than that, I will order from other vendors who cause less ."mail stress".
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2017, 09:09 AM   #38  
Crimping Master

I got the complete set of those dot charts from Amazon and they also came stacked together with no dividers. I wonder if SSS is making those up themselves and not letting them dry completely. Some of those Daniel Smith colors take a week to dry in my palette. I agree this isn't acceptable. I buy from them because I can get so many different vendors in one order plus I also like some of their SSS branded items. Hard to give that up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2017, 06:19 PM   #39  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjeansView Post
Uh oh. I'm feeling an enabling coming on... ; )

BTW, I agree with Edie453 that Amazon Prime has moved the shipping time expectation needle for some of us. We live in a fast world.
But if you don't have Prime, wow, is Amazon slow to ship. I placed an order on the 19th, just shipped today, not expected to arrive until the 29th. They take every single one of those 5-8 business days.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2017, 11:46 PM   #40  
Crimping Master

Amazon is pretty clever. If you have Prime you can check a box that gets it to you slow but they put $5 in your spending account. You get the stuff in one to two weeks. I'm usually too impatient for that but it adds up if you order several times a month. I've had packages that I paid 7. for shipping that are much slower than the Amazon order that gave me five bucks.
Reply With Quote Likes