View Single Post
Old 03-10-2018, 05:18 AM   #1
cnsteele
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Default In light of the thread about people not sending or appreciating cards anymore...

I have to tell you the reactions I got last night!

I hosted Bunco for the first time and as the hostess/winner's prize, I put 20 of my handmade cards, a set of pretty pens, and a book of postage stamps into a gift bag I also had made. I was nervous that it would seem like a "cheap" prize but my monthly stamp group had encouraged me it was a great prize, so I did it.

WELL.

The woman who won it had TEARS in her eyes and the biggest smile on her face as she looked through everything. The others at the table were oohing and aahing so much that all the other women came over to check it out. Then they began asking me questions about stamping and it went on for a long time! I was truly shocked at how much they loved the prize and how interested they were in stamping. We range in age from late thirties to fifties.

What I took away from it is that as much as people text and email and even if they don't craft themselves, they all still love the feeling of being loved and appreciated, and a handmade card with a special handwritten message just for them gives them that feeling.