Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-21-2018, 04:21 AM   #1  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts
Default Problems with deliveries

This will be long.
I also have to preface this by saying my building is a very tall apt building and has been having an issue with packages (including huge area rugs) being left in the lobby for several years now and we have been trying to get that to stop, so we are paying attention to the packages. With the whole package thief thing going on-we have a lot of traffic of people here-we have professionals on the ground floor, we have delivery people and sad to say, we have thieves right here (caught on security camera). It is also becomes a tripping hazard, esp for our seniors on walkers. They should be going up the apts. UPS is fabulous this way as always. PO is hit/miss and Fed Ex is appalling.

To this end, for the past two years or more now, I and my neighbors have noticed that Amazon is arriving by some unmarked truck, non-uniformed sub contractor who sorts boxes in the curb (where people walk dogs, so ew), in the rain, left unattended and worst of all...they apparently cant read because often there are boxes here that dont look ANYTHING like my address and my GF who walks dogs says this is happening all over the neighborhood.

Now, I dont want non-uniformed people running around the building because there has been push-in crime around the city. Unlike some of my neighbors who live in a bubble and think nothing will ever happen here, I know different. Happened just a block over more than once. People dont want to "scare the old people"-excuse me-they are the Greatest Generation-they dont scare easy and they like to know.

Plus my GF has discovered that when they have to deliver to across the street-who does not have a lobby...they leave them in our building! She nicely will walk them over, ring a bell and give it to them. Part of me says dont do that bc they will never stop.

After complaining fruitlessly to Fed Ex...I decide it is time to call their customers-Amazon and Chewy being two huge ones. (you can tell just looking at the boxes)

So I call Amazon and I crank heavily to them...... I say I have pictures of this badly done sorting on the street-sometimes after dark with flashlights (!!) and ask are they using a sub or is Fed ex doing this and they dont know it? I said if you are getting a lot of lost packages around here...this is why!!! They are not delivering them to the right buildings! The boxes are on the wet ground, on wet soil some days, and in the gutter.

Amazon says they use all the carriers AND they also sub contract...she didn't know what was happening here, but she would look into and no thanks on the pics.

Well it is still happening. ie I saw a huge Chewy box (pet products, usually food as I understand it) sit out on the sidewalk for over 2 hours in the rain being watched by the fruit cart vendor! I might think that kibble might be wet now? (I went to the dentist and came back) and the other boxes/padded envelopes are still the same too.

Part two:
In the last couple years I have noticed the PO will say a priority was delivered either hours or up to 2-3 days before it actually was. I get a email it is here...but it isn't. Sometimes my lovely regular postman will have to go looking for it...or it might be at another building. That is happening with them too-he is checking them when he had a day off and moving them where they belong. TG he is so diligent. It sounds like someone is scanning a load/truck before it actually is delivered. I have not been reporting this officially yet bc I dont want to spend that kind of time (call and leave the phone on speaker for 45 min while I do other things) but I am moving in that direction.

In order to save shipping, I tend to wait, order less often and have bigger orders so if I lose one...it can have value. ($75/100 bucks is still real money to me) Plus if I ordered during a sale-it is very possible the company may not be able to replace it-they may be out of it/discontinued clearance stuff.

Is this happening anywhere else or it is just here in NYC? Are we just the lucky ones? Maybe just in urban areas?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2018, 04:38 AM   #2  
Mad Swapper

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I recently placed an order that had items in it and all three were delivered separately, so holding back an order doesn't always work.

Did you see the recent story of a mail carrier getting arrested because he had been dumping his deliveries into the river because he did didn't want to finish his route. It had been going on for MONTHS, I'm sorry but how did the PO not know something was wrong long beforehand. In fact he only got caught because a random guy noticed the packages in a river.

Haven't heard anything else about this since the story first broke so I'm assuming the PO is not being investigated but IT SHOULD BE.

...and you are right Fed Ex doesn't care about the packages it delivers. Would a simple ringing of the doorbell or a knock on the door be soooo hard and time consuming
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2018, 06:00 AM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

If your carriers in the US are like ours here in the UK- and especially Amazon- the company pays them by the item delivery, so the delivery guy does not get paid for an item unless he 'delivers' it,which can mean anything from leaving it on a doorstep upwards. Basically, they will do anything rather than take it back to the depot.
Our worst here is a company called YODEL. Totally the pits. I had a sign in our front window- right next to the doorbell- instructing carriers not to leave parcels on the doorstep, as they were often stolen. What do Yodel do? Leave it on the step, directly under the notice!
And as for those ringing the bell- do they honestly think people sit in a chair right next to the door all day? Because I have timed how long it takes me to get to the door, from my craft room where I usually am. 20 seconds, at worst. By which time they have usually left the door and are trying to find a neighbour to take it. I know they are under pressure to deliver asap, but really? 20 seconds? I'm not an Olympic sprinter!
So no, wavejumper, it's a world wide problem now I think. And I'm guessing mainly due to the no delivery- no pay contract they are using.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2018, 06:13 AM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 658 Likes on 415 Posts

it happens everywhere, you are not alone.

we have a 6' cedar fence around our front yard that faces the street and wraps down the sides of the front part ( before the barn and pasture starts) I am borderline between city limits and county, across the street from a Jr. high school. So, when the pastor of the church that is kinda sorta (across an irrigation canal but, on the other side of the street like the school ) orders something from Amazon that just has his name on it and not the church also... the drivers will shoot what's it called. ( not one of the big carriers its a sub thing with white vans) we have two gates one set is black steel that you can see through, the driveway, the front of the house etc. there is a side people gate right next to that also steel so, that is how carriers get to my porch. on the north side of my house next to the canal there is a solid cedar covered 6' gate that is like a service entrance that is big enough for say a dump truck to go along the canal to the barn or the back. this carrier will toss those packages for the pastor over that cedar fence ( which is still part of my front yard mind you) and just abandon them there.
the Churches address is for the same street as mine ( they are on a corner) but, their mailboxes are on the backside of the building where their parking lot is.

sometimes it takes me days to get the package to them. calling the carrier results in a conversation of toss the package back over the fence where you found it and someone will pick it up in a few days. ( no lie direct quote that) (and you imagine how much foot traffic there is in front of a school where the kids are old enough to walk home on their own? lol) :mrgreen:
I have suggested to the Church that when the pastor wants to order things and deliver them there he should add the church name to the delivery address and that seems to be working.

I have my own packages sent to my office across town unless I know it will fit in the mailbox.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2018, 06:55 AM   #5  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,551 Likes on 667 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Everywhere. Here they've gone from Uhaul trucks that are a hot mess - stuff just thrown in there - to unmarked white vans. I've seen the curbside sorting many times - and often they have to dig through the van to find your package and even some are on the front seat.

Our online shopping habits have outpaced the infrastructure of our delivery services.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2018, 07:50 AM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 242 Likes on 129 Posts

Unmarked white vans here are the now-standard for Amazon here. I guess those of us who 'know' recognize them and everyone else wonders?

For over a year I re-located USPS mail here on my street, and up the dead-end hill to the last 5 residences hidden in trees. I'd leave a little sticky note on the boxes & put on porches, and just stuff mailboxes with misdirected letters-bills. Then a few months back, a lady mail person in a USPS delivery vehicle pulled into the driveway to introduce herself & meet as we were outside. I mentioned what I had been doing for months ... and she said our previous guy had bid on a different route & she got ours. The USPS knew from complaints that he was a bad carrier, putting out little/no effort ... but that they were unable to actually fire him due to the difficulty in laying off a gov't employee. And, the guy was always quick to dispute complaints claiming this or that discrimination. Baloney! There are bad employees out there who will do as little as possible until their employers wise up and take appropriate action.

I'm so sorry for y'all's world-wide pathetic delivery circumstances. I still believe there is power in complaints to those in charge ... although clearly, it doesn't bring a solution 100% of the time. ...sigh.... Hang in there, friends.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2018, 08:22 AM   #7  
Insane Embellisher

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

wavejumper, I live in a high rise in Chicago without these problems, and I think knowing why buildings in my area DON'T have these issues may be helpful.
Buildings in my area that don't have staff on site to receive packages involve their landlords for issues like yours. And if that doesn't work (often the case), they involve our local city council elected officials, to solve problems like these.

Because of Chicago's history of insane postal service, originating at my very own neighborhood Post Office, people here have gained some expertise in dealing with this frustration. Don't think of your problem delivery by delivery because you have a systemic issue that is NOT your problem.

1) Involve your landlord. If you own your unit, involve the Building Board.
2) If your landlord refuses to help, first, email the Postal Inspector, FedEx Corporate, and UPS Corporate. Also involve executives at Amazon (emailing CEOs always gets great results for me). Here's a list of US CEO emails by corporations: https://www.ceoemail.com/us-companies.php
3) If you still don't get results, and your city has a consumer affairs department, contact them. We have one in the Mayor's Office that is effective.
4) If all this fails, contact your local elected officials and firmly make this their problem.

It sounds like a lot of work, but it's actually just a couple of hours at the computer. You should not be dealing with this problem as an individual consumer!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2018, 08:30 AM   #8  
Insane Embellisher

Forgot to add: Here is contact information for the U.S Postal Inspector https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/c...s/phoneus.aspx
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2018, 08:50 AM   #9  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 658 Likes on 415 Posts

I remembered the name of the one we have issues with here its called On Trac.

(because something we ordered at work from Staples is supposedly coming that route)
It has had "delayed" emails for a week now and today the email claims it was expected yesterday but, so far nada.

to bad there is not a button that says please ship my things via this away even if it cost's more
( so everyone can pick their good delivery people) :mrgreen:

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2018, 01:28 PM   #10  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 187 Likes on 89 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderstandBlueView Post
Everywhere. Here they've gone from Uhaul trucks that are a hot mess - stuff just thrown in there - to unmarked white vans. I've seen the curbside sorting many times - and often they have to dig through the van to find your package and even some are on the front seat.

Our online shopping habits have outpaced the infrastructure of our delivery services.

I think you�ve hit the nail on the head here. Our online shopping habits have outpaced the infrastructure. Even I, who used to love to go shopping, shop mostly online now.
Today�s 20 and 30 somethings have come of age shopping online. My son and his gf live in the city, but not a high rise. They used to have packages delivered to her job (his doesn�t allow it), but now she changed jobs, so their packages come to us now, in the suburbs. We are lucky so far, that theft hasn�t been a problem in our neighborhood. No way it would survive on their doorstep.
I have to say, though, that it used to be they would put a package between the door and storm door. If it was too big, they would put it behind the bushes, and leave a note. I came home today, and a package was just sitting there in front of the door, for all to see.
UPS knocks lightly when they leave a package. When we had a dog, there was no missing the UPS guy. He�d bark as long as he could hear the truck, whether it was coming to our house or not. Now that Mickey is gone, we have had packages sit on the porch all night, only to find them upon leaving the house in the morning.
I have seen on the news that some companies are piloting a service where they come into your house to deliver the package.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2018, 02:19 PM   #11  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 506 Likes on 226 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavejumperView Post

I have not been reporting this officially yet bc I dont want to spend that kind of time (call and leave the phone on speaker for 45 min while I do other things) but I am moving in that direction.
I found that a complaint on the USPS website (Help > Contact Us > Email) is a lot more effective and a lot less time-consuming. I had a carrier-specific issue and they were great at dealing with it. I'm not one to use the phone if I'm going to be on hold for a long time. And you never know what that person is going to do with the issue. You will get a response from the email.
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2018, 06:21 AM   #12  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Luckily I don't have any of the issues mentioned. But my Amazon and Chewy orders come via USPS here in the rural Midwest. My Amazon orders used to come via UPS, but about a year ago they switched to USPS, in our area anyway.
My Stampin' Up! site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2018, 10:44 AM   #13  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

You're too nice giving these corporations and the P.O. an out. Actually their volume is way, way below what they used to handle effectively before email, fax and other electronic communication. They push to see what they can get away with to increase profit margins. The P.O. pushes to see what they can get away with laying people off.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2018, 11:34 AM   #14  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,551 Likes on 667 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Quote:

Originally Posted by Louisa MayView Post
You're too nice giving these corporations and the P.O. an out. Actually their volume is way, way below what they used to handle effectively before email, fax and other electronic communication. They push to see what they can get away with to increase profit margins. The P.O. pushes to see what they can get away with laying people off.
I'm not giving anyone an out It's just a fact. A billion more a year would strain anyone's logistical capabilities.

Pitney Bowes Parcel Shipping Index Reveals 48 Percent Growth in Parcel Volume since 2014 | Business Wire

Apartment complexes are having to find another way because they are overwhelmed with packages. A Solution to One of the Apartment Industry?s Biggest Struggles: Q&A with Package Concierge?s Founder and CEO Georgianna Oliver

Don't you see this in your own life? 100% of my shopping is done online now - even groceries. In 2008, that was not the case at all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2018, 11:53 AM   #15  
Gallery Gazer

Received 97 Likes on 65 Posts

I just wanted to chime in. My apartment complex is on the small side (100 units spread out over several buildings). The office does not accept deliveries due to liability issues. Amazon uses sub-contractors that they DO NOT check out on for at least 95% of their deliveries (in spite of saying different). They are well aware of the problems, but since its not being reported in the media--they just go on their merry way.

Packages are left at wrong doors, out in the elements and sometimes are not even the right address. Calling Amazon does NOT do anything. We're encouraged us to call every single time there is a mis-delivery to register a complaint, but it still happens on an almost daily basis. I find that USPS, UPS & FedEx are usually pretty good and drop it at the right doorstep. Amazon made a bad decision by bypassing USPS and going straight to these sub-contractors. One woman making deliveries looked like her car had been through a compactor at the junkyard and was blaring her radio really loud--she was just dropping packages on the ground and walking away! Just who I want to handle my package in a timely manner. Whoever at the top of Amazon thought this was a good idea, should be fired. I'm fast getting to where I don't want to order anything from them because of such bad service. JMHO.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2018, 12:44 PM   #16  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

I'm not giving anyone an out It's just a fact. A billion more a year would strain anyone's logistical capabilities.

Pitney Bowes Parcel Shipping Index Reveals 48 Percent Growth in Parcel Volume since 2014 | Business Wire

Apartment complexes are having to find another way because they are overwhelmed with packages. A Solution to One of the Apartment Industry?s Biggest Struggles: Q&A with Package Concierge?s Founder and CEO Georgianna Oliver

Don't you see this in your own life? 100% of my shopping is done online now - even groceries. In 2008, that was not the case at all.
Yes, parcel volume increased but their increase still left an overall decrease. See the Post Offices 2017 Report
USPS reports fiscal year 2017 results

A lot of what was mailed sent electronically now, like huge legal documents and book manuscripts, would have been the size of parcels. But the volume decline includes regular correspondence which was a much larger volume than parcels are now But still I do get your point that delivery companies were not prepared for the increase in online buying. But why not? They also do most of their business online now. I fault them for this failure, especially at the rates they charge. So the solution is another company to add to costs? I'm getting more irritated with them just writing this. Better shut up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2018, 02:42 PM   #17  
Proud Fan Club Member

I am sorry to hear this. Seems many recognize the unmarked white vans....I thought it might be one of the extra perks we get for high rents here-like the ozone hole over the city and therefore need more sunscreen. :p

I just don't agree about infrastructure. Overcrowded schools are infrastructure. Private (not the PO) companies whose sole job on the planet is to deliver packages who have had years to come up to speed....that is a decision on their part.
Wow-that is terrible about the per package payment system. @ Shazsilverwolf...England has very clear min wage laws, so are they are calling it independent contractors?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2018, 01:42 AM   #18  
Die Cut Diva

Wavejumper, effectively yes. They are 'self employed' contactors. It's a sneaky way around the minimum wage, I agree. Not sure what the standing is on holiday pay/sick pay, but I would not be surprised to find it either very poor or non existent.
Your mention of 'white van men' made me smile, only because they are seen as the scum of drivers on the roads over here.
Known for poor driving- cutting up others, no indicating, being in the wrong lane & speeding are just a few of their known MO's!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2018, 08:17 AM   #19  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by shazsilverwolfView Post
Wavejumper, effectively yes. They are 'self employed' contactors. It's a sneaky way around the minimum wage, I agree. Not sure what the standing is on holiday pay/sick pay, but I would not be surprised to find it either very poor or non existent.
Your mention of 'white van men' made me smile, only because they are seen as the scum of drivers on the roads over here.
Known for poor driving- cutting up others, no indicating, being in the wrong lane & speeding are just a few of their known MO's!
Over here, an independent pays all their own benefits and has to pay both sides of their social security, disability, etc. It is one of the serious considerations people have to have to go out on their own.

Is "cutting up others" cutting off a driver? Like coming in with no room? I really dislike that. So dangerous!

As I recall-you guys have a FAR more demanding process to get a drivers license bc you have them for life, but I was told that some....35 years ago now? (seems like yesterday lol) Maybe it changed? I always thought we should also get tougher. The only down side was that this guy thought he was on the Autobahn and said it was fine for him to speed bc he had better control than Americans. :mad: I said we all bleed and die and knock it off!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2018, 01:07 AM   #20  
Die Cut Diva

Hi wavejumper. Yes, That is cutting up- as you probably know, we have a lot of roundabouts over here at big junctions, and you should be in a specific lane approaching it to be able to take the correct, accepted line round it to come off at your desired exit. Being in the wrong lane, and therefore having to cut across another driver to get to your exit is a typical stunt pulled by white van men. Usually done without indicating too, just to increase the danger level.
I agree, from what I see, hear & read- hopefully most of it factual,lol- your driver testing is at a much lesser strictness than ours. And now it has been made tougher, with the addition of a written test, before you can legally have any lessons at all. Then you need to have a certain number of formal, instructor led lessons, no matter how much time you spend with family/friends.This is because it is felt that a trained instructor will teach the correct way to do everything, whereas with friends/family, there is a very strong likelihood they will have developed bad habits over the years they have been driving, and will pass them on to the learner. The family/friend also has to have held a full licence for 3 years before they can sit with a learner, and have no points or driving bans.
A licence is valid until you are 65, when a retest is required.
Germany is known for its autobahns- as far as I know, there is no speed limit at all. That would never work here, as far too many drivers do not drive to the road conditions- we see that every time there is bad weather with stupid amounts of accidents.

Last edited by shazsilverwolf; 02-25-2018 at 01:12 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2018, 02:14 AM   #21  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,053 Likes on 812 Posts

Lydia's link to the concierge boxes in post #14, I think it's brilliant to have found a way for that to work with multiple delivery companies. A courier company here initiated a service along those lines here a few years ago, but the lockers are based in locations like beside gas stations, convenience stores etc, for people to use when they weren't going to be in to accept delivery. But you have to have it shipped to the company, with your account number in the address, and they distribute..and you pay. Since then other companies have done something slightly similar, DHL has lockers inside some convenience stores ( but then you're limited to opening hours). Personally I find it a great service and worth what it costs...about $4 per delivery. For deliveries to the door, so long as I have tracking I can leave a custom note saying UPS, please drop over side gate, nothing fragile and mostly that works. Amazon here use both the national postal service and UPS-owned i-Parcel. Like Stacy, I'd pay a premium in order to be able to choose; not impressed with i-Parcel but I never know till I get shipping confirmation which way it's coming.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2018, 04:35 AM   #22  
Mad Swapper

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

LOL, Yesterday I glanced out the front window and saw a white van parked out front halfway between our house and the neighbor's. Thanks to this thread I immediately went and looked to make sure there wasn't a package sitting outside. Nope not us, he was walking away from the neighbors house by the time I opened the door to look. A package sitting out would not be good right now either because everything around here is waterlogged from days on end of rain.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2018, 10:17 AM   #23  
Proud Fan Club Member

Interesting Shaz. I wonder what the accident level in Germany is?
One time I got home after an event by horse and buggy and I have to tell you, I LOVED IT. It was a nice night, no traffic and we went clopping along down 5th ave....It felt very civilized to me. Of course it was novel. I realize there is nothing civilized about roads full of manure, etc. lol That was a long time ago and would never happen now. But I could see myself easily living somewhere where I ride a big trike with a basket to go shopping or use horse drawn modes...I think I was born at the wrong time. lol

LOL Stacy! Yes, watch for white van men!

Sabrina...while it bothers me that I should have to pay more to deal with poor work performances and thieves...one has to also live in the real world. We have PO boxes at POs of course, and then there are some that are private-you can also mail from them but for a lot more. Some buildings have a package room that is open 9-5. I wish I had one of those last ones! I would pay a bit more/month for that! My building does not have enough room for one. :(

There are people here who have their packages sent to such places. But some companies will not ship to a PO box...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2018, 02:56 PM   #24  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The nameless white delivery vans are a menace in my quiet suburban neighborhood. They go about twice the speed limit, cutting corners, radio blaring. Package dumped on porch, doorbell is never rung. Why not? I've really only noticed them in the last year or so. Before that it was always the FedEx or UPS trucks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2018, 04:07 PM   #25  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You need the "doorman"... Doorman | Package Delivery, Return Pickup, & Shipping

I saw this on Shark Tank a while back. LOL.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2018, 10:07 PM   #26  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,053 Likes on 812 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavejumperView Post

There are people here who have their packages sent to such places. But some companies will not ship to a PO box...
The model here isn't the same as a PO box, though, because deliveries go to the company depot here ( and one in Northern Ireland, which lets us avail of free UK shipping), so tracked parcels still get signed for on receipt. They're not yet able to cope with the Christmas rush though, especially since Black Friday has become popular here in the last couple of years. I won't use the service in December. A couple of years ago I had a delivery signed for, and a week later it still wasn't showing in their internal tracking system...and by the time it was, after enquiries from me, I was out of the country. I think they did in the end credit me with three extra free uses.
Reply With Quote Likes