View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 06:00 AM   #3
wavejumper
Proud Fan Club Member

Sounds like it "smushed" in the die cutting and did not recover/bounce back with resting. 2 mm sounds thin? You might try thicker foam? I am also guessing that thinner/more delicate cuts might have more trouble with that?

Also how much the foam in "in" from the paper edge is a matter of taste in terms of showing...some dont care and go right to the edge and some do and go in a 1/4 inch.

Hearts are a problem shape. They never come (as far as I have seen) with nesting dies that are only 1/4" different like standard circles, squares etc. You would have to trim at least the top half by hand. I just looked at Hero arts who have the infinity line and you see the big difference with any shape like hearts, houses, teapots, etc.

I learned to do shakers with foam tape you cut in sections-esp for rounded edges. You can cut the tape in half length wise if you get the standard for narrow cuts or you can get it pre cut narrow-which I believe I read is bendable? I have not tried it yet. You probably know this part though.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!