View Single Post
Old 02-19-2018, 06:51 AM   #72
gregzgurl
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncbballfan View Post
I'm not a saver of scraps... of any sort. Anymore. But I didn't need to be. When I needed a blender for my paper pulp, I called my MIL. And she would dig one out and send it to me. When I needed a toaster oven for baking polymer clay, I called my MIL. When I was making beaded amulet pouches and needed empty toilet paper rolls to use as a base, I called my MIL. And when I mentioned I needed something shallow so I could pick up my beads with my needle, she sent me Pringles lids, And they were perfect. Bless her little hoarding heart; I miss her so much!
Sounds like my mom! No matter how I ended the question, "Mom, do you have ___________?", the answer was always "yes"! Anyone remember the margarine that came in those cute little yellow tubs? Yeah - several stacks at least at any given time...

When I needed fabric to make Renaissance costumes for my kids, she had the PERFECT flocked fabric for my son's knight tunic, and the perfect satins for the girls. Anything and everything was saved!

This wasn't a crafty thing, but one time the grocery store had several huge boxes of bananas that were too ripe to put out in the produce section, so my mom got them for a dollar a box. She spent an entire day making batches of banana muffins and froze them (we had a chest freezer in the garage). We had banana muffins any time we wanted for quite a while...

She's been gone for fourteen years, but I still think, "Oh - I need to call mom and tell her..." We never stop being "kids", do we?

I used to be a hoarder of crafty things, but I sold/donated pretty much everything when we moved across country three years ago, and I've tried really hard not to go there too much since. My weakness is anything glass - it just seems so shameful to put it in a landfill, and our apartment complex doesn't recycle (although our county does).

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!