Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-11-2018, 11:03 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default How do you store your Unity Stamps?

I'm curious - how you store your Unity Rubber Cling mount stamps? They come without the image on the cling mount rubber and they are loose in the bag. I currently store them in the Stampedous Stufftainers - cut out the front index sheet - and tape it to the top of the stufftainer. But I'm constantly having to flip through about 20 of these containers and there just has to be an easier way for this brand! I'll upload of pic of how I do it and would love to change it. Any suggestions?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2018, 11:42 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 252 Likes on 177 Posts

I got these white containers at Aldi's a couple of years ago. They were cheap, like $1.50 each. They work great for my Unity stamps and other unmounted stamps. I have 9 altogether.
Attached Thumbnails
How do you store your Unity Stamps?-unity1.jpg   How do you store your Unity Stamps?-unity2.jpg   How do you store your Unity Stamps?-unity3.jpg  

I also love to send cards each month to Love Notes Fairy. Click here for more info https://jenniferbelthoff.com/love-notes-fairy/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2018, 02:22 PM   #3  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I store mine in Stampin Up dvd cases. I usually trim down the sheet included with the unity stamps (it's too wide, I think) and I use my label maker to label the spine.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2018, 05:04 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 288 Likes on 114 Posts

I strip the foam off, put TIO&O on the back and store them on laminated cardstock in sleeves along with the rest of my stamps. The cling foam takes up too much space and Unity stamps are already larger than most. I sure do love them, though! I trim the labels from the packaging down to 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" and put them in trading card pages so I have a "catalog" of them.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2018, 07:59 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts

I use photo cases from Michaels http://www.michaels.com/recollection.../10272121.html

In store they sell 2 sizes 5x7 and 4x6 I usually wait until they go on sale or use coupons.

The 5x7 size I could fit 2 similar Unity sets in.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2018, 10:30 AM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,050 Likes on 810 Posts

These are the only stamps I have done any major organisation with because of the way they flop around in the bags they come in - my allocated storage was overflowing. We got a laminator at Christmas so I now have them on quarter sheets of laminated card (stamped indexes and wrote the set names first) in a plastic shoebox. The only two I haven't yet done this with are KOTM, so they'd probably need 3 sheets each and will probably stay as they are. Freed up enough space to know I can get a few more sets without overflowing ;-).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2018, 08:03 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 154 Likes on 74 Posts

Let me start off by saying I've been buying Unity stamps for over 4 years. I recently had to face the fact that my obsession with their stamps was out of control. I took myself off their email list so I don't see all the new sets they come out with. I love Phyllis Harris stamps, so one big bin is all PH stamps. Then I have them in groupings that make sense to me at least. Unity has such great quality stamps, and wonderful sales ALL THE TIME (!). What's a girl to do? :rolleyes: One of these days I really will go through them and thin them down. Really, really. lol
Attached Thumbnails
How do you store your Unity Stamps?-img_4073.jpg   How do you store your Unity Stamps?-img_4074.jpg   How do you store your Unity Stamps?-img_4076.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2018, 12:13 AM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unity are my favourite stamp company. Pam, I think you need to pack ALL of your Unity stamps in a case and come visit me! I will feed you and cloth you and if you insist, I will ink up all of your stamps! Ahhhh a girl can dream.

Please don't take your organs to heaven - heaven knows we need them here.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2018, 07:09 AM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I stamp the images on a half sheet of cardstock, label it, then run it through my laminator. I stick the stamps to the back of this sheet, then store in these page protectors (I sliced off the edge with the binder holes). I keep them in open baskets so I can just flip right through until I see the one I want, then just grab it. Hope this helps!
Attached Thumbnails
How do you store your Unity Stamps?-img_4946.jpg   How do you store your Unity Stamps?-img_4949.jpg   How do you store your Unity Stamps?-img_4947.jpg   How do you store your Unity Stamps?-img_4948.jpg  

Last edited by RenT; 02-16-2018 at 07:09 AM.. Reason: Drat I am sorry, I tried to make them not sideways!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2018, 10:04 AM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by grateful2bsavedView Post
Let me start off by saying I've been buying Unity stamps for over 4 years. I recently had to face the fact that my obsession with their stamps was out of control. I took myself off their email list so I don't see all the new sets they come out with. I love Phyllis Harris stamps, so one big bin is all PH stamps. Then I have them in groupings that make sense to me at least. Unity has such great quality stamps, and wonderful sales ALL THE TIME (!). What's a girl to do? :rolleyes: One of these days I really will go through them and thin them down. Really, really. lol

I too have soooo many sets! Just as many as you, if not more! My KOM's date back to 2011! Just in the recent months I did something I did once before, but with SU sets, that I ended up deeply regretting, but felt it was now time with my KOM sets. I broke up these kits - parted with the stamps I would never use and kept the ones I liked and loved. Now those are tricky to store because the index I use isn't accurate with the stamps inside the Stufftainer. I'm still not perfectly OK with that decision, but it does feel good to part with excess things too. I'm such an organized person, but man oh man, Unity throws me off! I feel like I would use my sets so much more if I had a better way to store them and easily access them. A few times I've tried making a binder of all my stamp sets - just by copying the front index page. And the pages are laminated and sorted by manufacturer with dividers. But I never end up using the flipping binder, and let me tell you, my printer prints slowly! So it's a time consuming task for something I never end up using, lol! I think I need to turn an entire wall into a bulletin board and pin stamp sets to it. I can just walk up to the wall, skim all the sets, and voila - right in front of me is one I'd like to use at the moment. I think I am seriously liking that idea! Or pretty much loving it. But there is one hitch I'd run into - my craft room may be well organized, but there isn't exactly much "free space" to loose a wall. And by not exactly much room, I mean NO ROOM. Especially being 5ft, I would need the lower part of the wall where desks, bookshelves, and containers are stored up against. Maybe in a dream craft room, I can one day make that happen!

Last edited by Catherine773; 02-16-2018 at 10:26 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2018, 10:58 AM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie australiaView Post
Unity are my favourite stamp company. Pam, I think you need to pack ALL of your Unity stamps in a case and come visit me! I will feed you and cloth you and if you insist, I will ink up all of your stamps! Ahhhh a girl can dream.
Either that, or YOU could come HERE. In the meantime, if you ever want any images, feel free to PM me. If I've got the set I'd be happy to mail you some images.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2018, 11:00 AM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by RenTView Post
I stamp the images on a half sheet of cardstock, label it, then run it through my laminator. I stick the stamps to the back of this sheet, then store in these page protectors (I sliced off the edge with the binder holes). I keep them in open baskets so I can just flip right through until I see the one I want, then just grab it. Hope this helps!
I would LOVE to have my sets like that. Renee, if you want to come here and do that for me I'll pay you in food, board and stamps. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2018, 08:49 PM   #13  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

I would LOVE to have my sets like that. Renee, if you want to come here and do that for me I'll pay you in food, board and stamps. ;)
And plus, you know.. HAWAII!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2018, 10:09 PM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Yeah, there is that. lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2018, 04:56 PM   #15  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

I use laminated 3 hole punched pages I put in a 3 ring binder for all my cling/clear.

https://www.scrapbooking-warehouse.c...storage-panels

Those are the tabbed ones. There is another mfg who does 4 to a pack. They also come un-tabbed which I also use.

I can mount them front and back. I have an index page opposite. If they come with the image, I use that. You can get any 3 ring binder you like. 8 1/2 x 11. Depending on the stamps, you could fit a bunch on a page. I like the flexibility for size-I can do any size from 1/2 inch to 6 x 6 bgs. (though I have bgs elsewhere) I have them org'ed by subject.

You can also get them half size but I have no idea about a binder for that. We used to use them in HS a bazillion years ago but I have not seen them in a long time. Maybe put those in pockets or protectors?

Unfortunately for me-I learned about the whole questionable packaging for long term storage late so I got a roll of graphix that I have to go through the books and cut it up and switch out. Not horrible. Just time consuming.

I also think now, one could do it by putting these pages into protectors like giant pockets...and store them in mag racks/bins or something. Cheaper than binders.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2018, 11:52 AM   #16  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

SU! DVD holders
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2018, 05:54 AM   #17  
Cardstock Collector

Default Where to buy the mini sheet protectors?

Quote:

Where did you get the mini sheet protectors?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2018, 06:12 AM   #18  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 288 Likes on 114 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViSweet1View Post

I get mine at Staples (the Staples brand - cheaper than Avery)...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2018, 07:14 AM   #19  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViSweet1View Post

The ones I get are from Target.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2018, 06:29 AM   #20  
Cardstock Collector

Default Unity Storage

Recently, this is what I've done. Cut down the unity "cover" to 5" x 7.5" and laminating them in laminating pouches; remove the backing; adhere them to the laminated cover and store in CD pouches/sleeves. for the KOMs, I laminate the sheet, remove the backing, adhere to the laminate, return the the pouch and hang on metal shower curtain rings.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catherine773View Post
I'm curious - how you store your Unity Rubber Cling mount stamps? They come without the image on the cling mount rubber and they are loose in the bag. I currently store them in the Stampedous Stufftainers - cut out the front index sheet - and tape it to the top of the stufftainer. But I'm constantly having to flip through about 20 of these containers and there just has to be an easier way for this brand! I'll upload of pic of how I do it and would love to change it. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2018, 05:03 PM   #21  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I stamp the images on white paper. And then add them to a DVD case. (Stampin Up!)
Sometimes I can store 2 stamps sets per case. I also add a label on the side of the case. So I know what it is.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2018, 02:15 AM   #22  
Cardstock Collector

Hey guys, Thanks for sharing awesome ideas.
Reply With Quote Likes