Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-08-2018, 10:21 AM   #1  
Crimping Master

Received 39 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Cottage Cutz Stamps not as pictured

If you purchase online you might want to know that Cottage Cutz stamps may not be at all like they are pictured on the packaging. While a couple of the stamps I purchased were similar in size to the package picture others are much smaller and a completely different scale than pictured. They do not list the sizes of each stamp on the package. What they do is list this:

Approximate Assembled Size:
Various Sizes

I was pretty disappointed to see that the scale was so different than pictured. I will still be able to use the stamps but not as I had imagined when I purchased them. I just wanted to pass this information along so you are aware when purchasing these stamps online and you can't look at the actual stamps.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2018, 08:47 AM   #2  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 847 Likes on 280 Posts

Did you buy them directly from Cottage Cutz or another retailer?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2018, 10:44 AM   #3  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,716 Likes on 649 Posts

I feel your pain. I do not know why they don't help us out with stating the size!

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2018, 01:37 PM   #4  
Crimping Master

I did not buy them directly from the company and I am very pleased with the service of the company from where I did purchase them. I'm sure I could return them and get my money back, but I don't blame them for the misleading picture provided by Cottage Cutz. I did send the Cottage Cutz company an email and they did not bother to reply, so they clearly don't care. I want others to know that the stamps don't match the pictures in any way so that they know in advance.

I think I can stamp the stamps and then make them bigger and more to scale on my printer. It isn't a huge deal, just one that has caught me off guard and frustrated me that I didn't know prior to my purchase.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2018, 05:58 PM   #5  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 847 Likes on 280 Posts

I was just wondering if maybe it was one of those sites where counterfeit products were ever sold because they often sell copies that are sized slightly differently.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2018, 10:17 PM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,055 Likes on 813 Posts

I don't think so, AFAIK they're a reputable US company selling their own designs. Although I didn't realise they sold stamps as well as dies.

ETA, sorry, I missed the post where the OP said she had bought from another company.

Last edited by Cook22; 02-09-2018 at 10:35 PM.. Reason: Typo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2018, 05:12 AM   #7  
Crimping Master

Oh my gosh, you had me worried that maybe I had bought counterfeit stamps, but I went to the CC site and they are as listed on their site. (Thank goodness!!)

On the site they list the sizes of the stamps. The set I purchased is a gnome set and on the package the main gnome is shown as almost 3" tall but in reality he is 2" tall. The flower next to him on the stamp is pictured at 1.3' and is actually 1.3". However the snail is pictured as about 1.3' long but in actuality he is 0.5" long. The word hello is slightly bigger than the size shown on the package. There are several other stamps that are all different sizes than pictured... mostly smaller. The company also lists that there are no coordinating dies for this item, yet on the picture provided by the site it lists it as a "stamp and die"????

I am sure these stamps are the real deal, but the more I know about them the more I am confused by the manufacture's listing of them. It is good information to know going forward.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2018, 08:36 AM   #8  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

I gave up trying to look on my phone this morning, had to wait till I was at the PC. Yes, I see they do say no corresponding die despite the packaging. Maybe all the inserts for their stamps say Stamp and Die by default, since they're primarily in the die business? A random sampling of other images that say Stamp and Die include both, so maybe the proof-reader forgot to pick up on that detail when setting up the print for the insert for that gnome set.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2018, 02:11 PM   #9  
Insane Embellisher

Received 173 Likes on 95 Posts

I too bought a Cottage Cutz die set, the Rustic Sign and Trees (4x6). The photo has 3 pine trees, a rustic sign on a post and a bunny rabbit - from Ebay. Don't know the seller. It arrived a few days ago... the die is a single block 4 X 6 die - not individual cuts. It has 2 sizes of pine trees, the post for the sign, the sign, a rock base and a bunny. I thought of sending it back, but didn't want to pay extra postage... but it does cut great. I just had to cut my green paper and tape to the trees, and use separate color and cut and try and match up for the sign post, the sign and the rock base, as well as bunny. This was my first purchase for a Cottage Cutz die and I won't be getting any more. The dies cut great ! I have the Gemini Jr from the HSN Launch and love it - wasn't able to crank my Cuttlebug so I pretty much only stayed with my Cricut Expression and Special Anniversary Edition 2 with the 4 carts. I am finally enjoying using the metal dies as well as embossing folders along with my cricuts...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2018, 02:59 PM   #10  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

Ugh I have returned dies that were not properly sized in the description by a seller other than the mfg. I do think anyone selling dies should be listing the sizes. I learned my lesson. It was a European company and was WAY too big for A2s. I was so unhappy. I had been waiting a long time for a sale and they were still expensive so I was not going to suck it up.

Stamps...it can be aggravating. Sentiments sets are notorious for this. Unless I see it in person...they might say 4 x 6 sheet. That is not helpful for me.

One way I check-I look for cards made with the product and then gauge it myself. Wont help now but just maybe a tip for the future. Either on the website or in Pinterest or here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2018, 12:39 PM   #11  
The Charmed Life

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Just thought I would jump in here on this conversation. I am the design team coordinator for CottageCutz. I checked with the owner of the company on the email that you sent to them. Looks like your email was sent to the company at 11:05 am on Feb 8 and Joanne replied to your email at 3:24 pm. I would say that's a very good response time for any company.

On the CottageCutz website each stamp size is listed for this particular set. And, there are coordinating dies that come with this stamp set. But, since you made your purchase on EBay they may not have included the dies. It would be up to the EBay seller to give all the sizes of the stamps in this set.

The packaging clearly states that this set is various sizes. I would only use the packaging picture to determine if I would want to purchase the set. I would never rely on a picture on a stamp set package and figure that's the size of the stamp itself. Especially when the packaging states otherwise.

If I were buying from an EBay seller, I would be looking at the company website first to get all the information I need about the purchase I am making.

Quote:

Originally Posted by annie*View Post
I did not buy them directly from the company and I am very pleased with the service of the company from where I did purchase them. I'm sure I could return them and get my money back, but I don't blame them for the misleading picture provided by Cottage Cutz. I did send the Cottage Cutz company an email and they did not bother to reply, so they clearly don't care. I want others to know that the stamps don't match the pictures in any way so that they know in advance.

I think I can stamp the stamps and then make them bigger and more to scale on my printer. It isn't a huge deal, just one that has caught me off guard and frustrated me that I didn't know prior to my purchase.

My Blog- The Charmed Life

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2018, 12:49 PM   #12  
The Charmed Life

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Sabrina,

This stamp set does include the corresponding dies. What is not included is a die for the hello stamp. All of this information is clearly stated on the website in the description of what's included.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cook22View Post
I gave up trying to look on my phone this morning, had to wait till I was at the PC. Yes, I see they do say no corresponding die despite the packaging. Maybe all the inserts for their stamps say Stamp and Die by default, since they're primarily in the die business? A random sampling of other images that say Stamp and Die include both, so maybe the proof-reader forgot to pick up on that detail when setting up the print for the insert for that gnome set.

My Blog- The Charmed Life

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2018, 03:40 PM   #13  
Splitcoast DirtyDozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is a card I made with that particular stamp/die set. As you can see, all the images were cut using the matching dies.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2018, 10:00 PM   #14  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryR917View Post
Sabrina,

This stamp set does include the corresponding dies. What is not included is a die for the hello stamp. All of this information is clearly stated on the website in the description of what's included.

Now you say that, it's clear! Initially looking at the small print under the image, my eye was just drawn down to the note at the bottom, so I mistakenly assumed it applied to all the stamps and not just one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2018, 05:18 AM   #15  
Crimping Master

Dear Mary,Thank you for your response. I did not receive any email from the company, and yes I looked in my spam folder. I just went through all of my deleted email, specifically searching the day you say the email was sent, and no email was received.

I received the dies with my set and did not ever state that I did not. I said that on the site it was listed as not included. I understood the wording to be as not included as stated below, in my response to Clownmom.

What I originally stated and will state again is the products are not as pictured on the packaging. This is also what you state, when you say "I would never rely on a picture on a stamp set package and figure that's the size of the stamp itself."

I will admit that I purchased the stamp set without researching the size of the stamps. I guess reputable stamp companies have spoiled us by having accurate depictions of the scale of their stamp sets. I was caught off guard and wanted, and still want, other people to be aware that these stamps are not to size or scale.

Clownmom, I too understood the description exactly like you did. I also can see now what was meant by the description, but my initial understanding was just like you. Your card is darling, by the way. It gives me hope that I can actually use this set after all.

As I originally stated if you plan on making a purchase of these stamps, plan to spend some time researching them first.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2018, 10:16 AM   #16  
Crimping Master

A new email was sent to me today from this company.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2018, 12:18 PM   #17  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this is an old post but I came across it and have a few things to say in general about Cottage Cutz.

I've never bought any stamps.

I love their dies! They have such fabulous images. I do wish there were individual dies for cutting different colors but can understand why they do them in one piece. I'm guessing it's easier and cost-saving. The ones that have lots of shapes (especially small and/or tiny ones) are just best done in white and colored with markers. OMG, the noses on the forest critters are nearly microscopic! LOL But the critters are so cute.

As far as email goes - I've had to email before. The last time was during what was likely a busy/hectic time as it was after black Friday and I got a pretty prompt response and that included going back and forth a few times while my order issue was looked into. (my order didn't appear on the website so I had no idea of the status and such).

Getting back to the stamps... I understand the frustration but I don't know of stamps that tell you what size they are on the packaging. They usually just tell you the size of the set as based on the backing. Like this set is 4x6, etc. It would be up to the seller to state the same info that's provided on the website - which does list the stamp sizes underneath. I do agree though it would be pretty aggravating to find that the packaging is not showing the proper ratio in comparison to each other. If the width of the snail is 1/2 the width of the tall house, it should appear that way on the packaging. It doesn't make sense to me not to do it that way. I understand not showing actual size (many don't) but the images should definitely show how the sizes appear in relation to each other.

I do appreciate that this info was put forth. I would certainly have assumed the ratio of images in relation to each other based on the pic regardless of what the sizing says underneath on the website.

Last edited by frugal scrapper; 03-28-2018 at 12:19 PM.. Reason: fix typos
Reply With Quote Likes