Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-03-2017, 01:53 PM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Crafty goals for 2018

We're just under a month away from 2018, and I wanted to talk about crafty (and artsy!) goals and resolutions for the upcoming year. I started a thread like this in 2017, and I really enjoyed reading and keeping in touch about how our resolutions were going.

For 2017, my crafty goals were to use up my stash, and I feel like I met that goal partially. I shopped a lot less in 2017 than in 2016, and I used more than just the newest goodies. But I also made a lot less cards in 2017 and that's taken wind from my sails a little.

So, here are my resolutions for 2018!
- Make a card every day in 2018.
Yes, that's a whopping 365 cards to make, and (life permitting) I'll try to chronicle it all through my blog. I've come to the realization that I both shop a lot less and appreciate my stash a lot more when I'm focused on creating - instead of looking for inspiration through social media or YT. Since I need to curb my spending, this resolution will help a ton with that.
- Practice brush calligraphy.
I'm absolutely obsessed with modern calligraphy lately, and I really want to get good at it. I've already bought the basic supplies I need, so I just need to start practicing regularly. I'd like to get into personalizing some items as Christmas gifts and being able to do calligraphy will help a ton with that.
- Start writing.
I really love writing by hand. I mean, as a teenager, I would spend hours just copying a book into a journal for no reason other than I liked writing. There's something inspiring and calming about the process, and I want to give myself the time to do this more regularly. I might journal or focus on creative writing exercises.

What goals do you have for 2018?

(P.s. I started this thread a little bit earlier this year, so that those of us who are going on spending freezes can get that one last order in. ;))
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2017, 03:09 PM   #2  
Gallery Gazer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I appreciate this topic, it helps keep me accountable I think. I guess one thing I aim to do is sell more cards, keeps my stash manageable as well as providing a little ready cash. I have a good cause to put sales toward so that should be added incentive.

Along with selling more, I then would have to make more in the first place. So MAKE MORE AND SELL MORE .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2017, 05:17 PM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 76 Likes on 26 Posts

Love the thoughts of �use up my supplies and stash.�

Also, organize and de clutter the craft room. Donate to Goodwill what isn�t being used!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2017, 06:01 PM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

1. Send cards weekly.
2. Unsubscribe from some of the craft bloggers I follow- it�s gotten out of control!
3. Be more selective of my craft purchases- maybe impose a freeze.
4. Use the stamps and dies I�ve yet to use.
5. Use the patterned paper I�ve been holding on to.
6. Discard old ink pads.
7. Take a class in painting and/ or calligraphy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2017, 06:49 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts

Oh my I haven't even started my Christmas cards yet. But my major goal is to go through my old stamps that I bought back in the days of PIFing images. I have a ton of stamps I don't use any more. Mainly house mouse and a few whipper snappers and the old company Flourishes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2017, 06:54 PM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 971 Likes on 471 Posts

OOH fun! I'll have to think about it some more, but here are the main things I've been dwelling on:
  • Keep enjoying creativity
  • Finish a Copic class and take a beginner watercolor class.
  • Decide whether or not to keep my blog.
  • Continue participating in Cards for a cause (in the challenges forum if you're interested)
  • Start sending more cards to friends and loved ones.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2017, 04:17 AM   #7  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 585 Likes on 240 Posts

Sadly, my goals for 2018 are the same as 2017. I did not get done with all the cards I intended to make so I did not put to rest that part of paper crafting. As a result of too many cards taking too much time, I got very little scrapping done. I have about 20 holiday cards to make this week, then clean the room and transform it from a card workshop to a crop room. Wish me luck that '18 is better than '17, in crafting and in life. Mary Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2017, 04:55 AM   #8  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Elle, your enjoyment of being a scribe seems to dovetail with calligraphy. Are you thinking of combining the two? I can envision wonderful art, even quotations and how some old books have the first word in a beautiful script and the rest of the page regular text.

(Creating goal lists tends to backfire for me, causing some stress and resistance, even if goals are "specific, positive and attainable," as some experts put it. So I no longer go down that road. I admire and am supportively jealous of those of you who do, however.) : )

Last edited by bjeans; 12-04-2017 at 05:01 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2017, 08:01 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjeansView Post
Elle, your enjoyment of being a scribe seems to dovetail with calligraphy. Are you thinking of combining the two? I can envision wonderful art, even quotations and how some old books have the first word in a beautiful script and the rest of the page regular text.

(Creating goal lists tends to backfire for me, causing some stress and resistance, even if goals are "specific, positive and attainable," as some experts put it. So I no longer go down that road. I admire and am supportively jealous of those of you who do, however.) : )
I'm glad to have a kindred spirit as far as not creating a goal list. I don't function well with lists and goals, although I know many people do. I tend to feel boxed in and constricted and get less done than if I just free-wheel it.

I've never even made New Year's resolutions for that same reason.

Guess I'm just a rebel at heart.:cool:

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2017, 08:29 AM   #10  
Insane Embellisher

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

My goal this year is the same as last - go through and organize the craft room. I moved into my house in January 2013 which gave me a whole room for crafting, yay! All my crafting supplies were dumped into the room and I'm still going through them. Half the room is done so I want to get the other taken care of so I can actually craft in it, lol. (I've been saving all the $5s I get as change to use to buy an AC for the room, I think I now have enough for the AC and paint so I'm getting antsy. Let's see how far I get when this tread comes around next year. ;)

My new goal is to shop my stash. This past July marked 5 years until I can retire so I'm in defrosting mode as opposed to a freeze (I can buy but only something I really really want/need). I have lots of stamps that I really really wanted in the past that have never seen ink so, those will get to be used.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2017, 08:40 AM   #11  
Die Cut Diva

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm another for not making 'to do' lists really,I always feel pressured then and the joy goes out of it.
BUT, having said that, I know I need to finish one project at a time- I'm terrible for being grabbed by a technique, make 20 or so card fronts with that technique, then not finish making them into cards. I was sorting out my UFO boxes- yes there's 2- and if I make up all the fronts I have, I will have another 57 cards!
My other thing for next year is No More Christmas stamps/dies. In fact, possibly no more stamps and dies at all would be sensible, but I know that won't happen. Doesn't help when my Beloved Hubby comes craft shopping with me, and puts at least twice as much in my basket as I would!
I'd also like to try some art journaling, but that's been on my todo list for at least a couple of years.

Last edited by shazsilverwolf; 12-04-2017 at 08:40 AM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2017, 08:59 AM   #12  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

I thought about this a little bit, and I think I will start out by keeping them separate at first. Although they're related and would look lovely together, they feel entirely different. Calligraphy is very structured and deliberate, whereas the writing is a random stream-of-consciousness type. It's kind of like a detailed drawing vs a loose painting. You can get wonderful results if you combine the two together just right, but the process for each is entirely different. Maybe I'll have an easier time once that modern brush calligraphy becomes effortless (you know, like all them mega talented YT ladies make it seem in their videos). :lol:

I totally understand about the goals, too! While I love my to-do lists and how they keep me focused, I can see how they can become a source of pressure and stress that keeps you away from exploring freely.

One of my dear friends (Ren�e) is like this, too. If you give her a list of things to do or ask her to set a goal to work toward, it never gets done. It's not because she's being stubborn or mean, she just goes into a spiral of worrying about it, getting demotivated because it's stressful and then back to worrying. So, instead of goals and resolutions at the beginning of the new year, Ren�e does permissions. It wouldn't work for her to set a goal of having a beautiful garden in 2017, but she gave herself permission to putter around her garden for an hour every day. And at the end of 2017, she has a beautiful lush garden.

If goals are not your thing, that's ok! Feel free to share something crafty you might be looking forward to in 2018. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2017, 09:36 AM   #13  
Gallery Gazer

Elle, I was thinking about your copying books into your journal rather than creative writing. That said, the copying could be very loose and "flowy," rather than uber-structured calligraphy or even more free-form lettering. Makes sense.

And thanks for "getting" those of us who get anxious or rebellious about the classic type of goal setting. Your "permission" reminds me of NLP...
Shaz, what you said resonated and made me laugh; you mean technique-oriented pieces (aka backgrounds) to layer onto card bases? I've been meaning to put mine in a little file box, since I like keeping them even if they never make it onto a card. Sometimes I'll put a note on the back about the technique or colors. Maybe the box should be like for my stamps: if adding new doesn't fit well, others have to go - and in this case go onto a card. (Or as Elle might recommend, give myself permission to turn it into a card.)

I tossed the ugliest alcohol ink background ever made Into the trash, but pulled it out because of two Gelli plate teachers who stopped me from throwing out clean-up prints. (A piece of one became my favorite mini book cover.) I cut the alcohol ink piece into strips and adhered it to a friendly base color with space in between each strip and now love it. But even that may never go onto a card since I may not make that particular brand of ugly again! : )

Beth

Last edited by bjeans; 12-04-2017 at 09:39 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2017, 10:04 AM   #14  
Gallery Gazer

Okay Elle, you inspired me. Instead of goals, I'm choosing a word for 2018: INTENTION, as in intentional shopping - as opposed to buying because something is cool or on sale. And intentional crafting - as in I intend to complete some projects that I began, some long ago. (Or I can get rid of some.)

I was proud I organized and gathered every project up, and put them in clear containers. It dawned on me that a tall stack of clear containers is not the end game. : D

Beth

Last edited by bjeans; 12-04-2017 at 10:42 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2017, 10:33 AM   #15  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Beth-
That is a most excellent word!
My key word for 2018 is along the same vein -- MINDFULNESS.

More specifically, I want to focus and enjoy what I'm doing right now instead of just moving onto the next thing and the one after that. In terms of card-making, for example, I don't want my mind to race a mile-a-minute to the next card I'm going to make or the next stamp set I'm going to need before I'm even done with the current card on my desk.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2017, 10:44 AM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 288 Likes on 114 Posts

I like Robert Fulghum's approach to "resolutions": At the end of the year he makes a list of everything he accomplished during the year, titles it "Resolutions" and back-dates it to the previous January...

I don't have anything specific that I want to pay attention to, other than the on-going attempts at making my space more workable and actually making things! Not much got made this year except during Dare To Get Dirty, and we moved in October and my new space is NOT user-friendly, so I've got some tweaking to do...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2017, 10:47 AM   #17  
Gallery Gazer

I can imagine a racing mind being a byproduct of blogging and making a card a day. Being present and focused yet quickly moving forward - a balance within your dance. : )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2017, 03:11 PM   #18  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I too will be using up my stash and only plan on buying adhesives. I have enough "stuff" that I could open my own store. The people I send cards to don't know if I'm using old stamps or new.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2017, 04:37 PM   #19  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 76 Likes on 26 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrammatinaView Post
I too will be using up my stash and only plan on buying adhesives. I have enough "stuff" that I could open my own store. The people I send cards to don't know if I'm using old stamps or new.
LOVE THIS! I made holiday cards with a 1996 poinsetta stamp set and a stamp friend thought it was the new set in the current catalog. Now that is motivation to use the old stuff. No one knows. Or cares.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2017, 11:15 PM   #20  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

Mine are simple for next year.

I want to expand my journaling more. Not art journaling but written journal.

Create more embellishments and play with some of the new embellishment techniques I have learned. I do hope to incorporate stamping a lot more this year into my embellishment making. I have gotten away from that in the past few years because of die cutting. This one is a need. My embellishment stash is low.

I really want to play with all my coloring techniques I have learned recently and really enjoy working in my coloring books. I have so many ideas. I have like sixty coloring books now so I guess I should start.

I have discovered diamond painting. I have three beautiful new kits I will be delving into.

Goal to work up too for next year is designing my own couture doll clothing from my own fashion designs.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2017, 05:46 AM   #21  
Mad Swapper

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Organize!!! ... and celebrate 2017 being over.

I had the best of intentions to get organized this year but then life got in the way instead (over and over again, ugh). I am making it a priority this next year because the mess that I call my room is a major depressant and is keeping me from doing anything creative.

I encourage those who are promising to use instead of buy to follow through and do so. It is an AMAZING feeling of accomplishment. That is a promise to myself that I have kept for several years now. In the last 3 or 4 years all I have bought is 2 new inside sentiment stamps and a couple of Christmas themed paper pads. I'm now down to an iris cart drawer of Christmas stuff instead of a huge tote. Look thru your non-holiday stuff with fresh eyes, there is plenty there that can be used on your Christmas cards. Dare to be creative and non-traditional.

I too want to do some actual journaling in order to help me work out issues from the past. There are probably a lot of women who could use this outlet these days. For me it is time to get it on paper, let it go and move forward.

...on a side note, apparently I need to learn to type next year because I've had a heck of a time getting this post finished, time for more coffee :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2017, 07:11 AM   #22  
hdp
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I shared my goals for 2017 last year. I did good thru March, then stopped. At the end of summer this year I realized how little time I had been stamping, so I tried something new and it works. I spend at least 30 minutes crafting every day. It can be making cards, trying new color combinations with my inks, colored pencils or markers, sketching card ideas, coloring and cutting images while watching tv, cleaning my craft room or sending cards that I have made. I also count the time I spend knitting towards my 30 minute goal. I have found that 30 minutes a day is doable, but not overwhelming.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2017, 10:02 AM   #23  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 838 Likes on 277 Posts

I don't remember if I commented in last year's thread. But these are my goals for 2018

*use my creative skills every day. Whether it's stamping, beading, crocheting, sewing, drawing, etc.

*learn 1 new technique for any of the above activities, per month

* spend more in person time with my creative friends, creating.
*share the creations I make with more people
o
* kind of ties in with the above statement: Send at least 5 "just because" cards out every week
* sell my stuff at a very well attended, juried, 3-day holiday arts and crafts show. That means I really need to create EVERY DAY.

*Donate more of my work to charitable causes/people in need
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2017, 01:39 PM   #24  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 357 Likes on 197 Posts

I plan to play with my stamps and dies that were purchased this year, but never touched cardstock. I so need my paper therapy and I want to enjoy it to the fullest.
I am so glad I made my Christmas cards and a big stack of birthday cards at the beginning of the year as life has kept me too busy to craft the last few months.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2017, 01:26 AM   #25  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I like to make goals

My first is to print my photos for scrapbooking every month so that it is a manageable task and not overwhelming.

My second goal is to do OLW (one little word) beyond March which is when I usually fizzle out. I would like to make crafting things for that word and rotate it on my kitchen window sill regularly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2017, 04:20 AM   #26  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 585 Likes on 240 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by beaddictView Post
I don't remember if I commented in last year's thread. But these are my goals for 2018

*use my creative skills every day. Whether it's stamping, beading, crocheting, sewing, drawing, etc.

*learn 1 new technique for any of the above activities, per month

* spend more in person time with my creative friends, creating.
*share the creations I make with more people
o
* kind of ties in with the above statement: Send at least 5 "just because" cards out every week
* sell my stuff at a very well attended, juried, 3-day holiday arts and crafts show. That means I really need to create EVERY DAY.

*Donate more of my work to charitable causes/people in need
Very well said and very inspirational. I need to make my goals more specific than "scrapbook." SMART goals on paper for Scrappin' 2018 will be my Jan. 1st project. Thanks for the kick I needed.

Mary Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2017, 06:05 AM   #27  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts
Maple Leaf my crafty goals

some great motivational thoughts in the posts! I have some specific goals in mind this year: 1. I want to teach more classes in card making. 2. I want to make a commitment to blogging once a week which includes making a project once a week to blog about. 3. get back to my roots and scrapbook more. I have so many life experiences that I want to preserve in scrapbooks.
I love the idea of spending at least 30 minutes a day committed to my scrap room.
One thing I learned in my 40 years of working is to create a list of things to do. I am going to do this in my crafting as well. I have purchased a daily planner and each day I will put the tasks I want to accomplish in my craft room to paper and check them off as I get them done. I feel better sitting here just thinking about organizing my time and knowing I will feel that sense of accomplishment that comes from checking off those things to do!! Also, I too want to use more of my stashes and keep my buying to a minimum!! Gee, I don't even have to worry about buying adhesives... I have a drawer full! LOL!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2017, 06:16 AM   #28  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Well, I have been thinking of expanding my craftiness to other much needed areas (sewing in particular--it's "needed" when you walk into a store & can't find what you want, the styles & patterns just make you sick. LOL), but I will still keep making cards. ;) I have been thinking of attempting the Techniques that are offered here at SCS. I've ALWAYS LOVED techniques! Just wonder if I will have all of the supplies from one week to the next. It isn't easy to get to supplies at any local store, as there are NONE! LOL But, that's the jest of my crafty goals for now, for the coming year! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2017, 07:39 AM   #29  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 456 Likes on 341 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by CreativeCardseaView Post
I've come to the realization that I both shop a lot less and appreciate my stash a lot more when I'm focused on creating - instead of looking for inspiration through social media or YT.)
Elle, that is so true - I can spend hours on Pinterest and the SCS gallery, and then I see things on others' cards that I want to buy. I should be spending that time creating with the supplies I already own!

My number one goal is to finish the reorganization of my craft room and the culling of some of my supplies - I started it this year but never finished. In fact, I'm going to make that my only goal and then I'm more likely to achieve it!

My SCS gallery is here should you care to look! Or please visit my blog, Cardmaker's Garret.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2017, 11:54 AM   #30  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too need to start working on using up my stash. Our budget doesn't allow me to buy a lot of the new stuff, but that is ok. I have tons of retired card stock, ink, stamp sets and embellishments (all Stampin' Up!) that need to be used and loved. Thank you for the inspiration.
Laurie's Cards & Ramblings
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2017, 02:39 PM   #31  
Glitter Guru

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No goals for me. I envy those who can work that way. I think I’ll just wait and see what happens if I have no plan.

Then I’ll write up what I accomplished in 2018 next December. Love that idea.

In fact, maybe I’ll sit down and write down what I accomplished in 2017 this month and celebrate it. All the best stuff was stuff I never could have predicted last December!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2017, 05:05 PM   #32  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleepymom33View Post
1. Send cards weekly.
2. Unsubscribe from some of the craft bloggers I follow- it�s gotten out of control!
3. Be more selective of my craft purchases- maybe impose a freeze.
4. Use the stamps and dies I�ve yet to use.
5. Use the patterned paper I�ve been holding on to.
6. Discard old ink pads.
7. Take a class in painting and/ or calligraphy.
SleepyMom- to manage blog reading I have found the app Bloglovin to be a great help. It gathers many blogs I love into one tidy place! You can scroll thru the postings in one stream! Amazing. Dina Kowal & many leaders from Splitcoast blogs are part of Bloglovin.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2017, 04:02 AM   #33  
Glitter Guru

Is anyone else seeing ads actually between posts? I am suddenly seeing them. I'm used to seeing them in the sidebar, but this is new. Maybe it's just me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2017, 04:17 AM   #34  
Gallery Gazer

Thread about it in Site Support section. Every 5 posts then ad. : (
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2017, 04:36 AM   #35  
Glitter Guru

It's too many. It's making my page go crazy when I scroll up and down. All the ads have to load.

One on the top, one on the bottom and one along the side - I wish that were sufficient. I understand SCS has to make money to support itself but this in-between thing actually feels like it's interrupting the conversation. : (
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2017, 05:17 AM   #36  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by RachelroseView Post
It's too many. It's making my page go crazy when I scroll up and down. All the ads have to load.

One on the top, one on the bottom and one along the side - I wish that were sufficient. I understand SCS has to make money to support itself but this in-between thing actually feels like it's interrupting the conversation. : (
So agree. Add your voice to the thread in Site Support?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2017, 05:48 AM   #37  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Yes, I noticed the adds smack in the middle of posts too & think that I have reached the bottom of the page. It takes me a bit to figure it out & then I scroll down. It is SO UNEXPECTED! I don't like it either! :( It is aggravating!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2017, 05:55 AM   #38  
Gallery Gazer

Ads showing in between posts on the threads by muscrat at Splitcoaststampers - the thread

If you're on the main Forum page and scroll way down, there's a section called Site Support, Technical ?s and Suggestions. It's in there. : )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2017, 08:15 PM   #39  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Oh, ME TOO! The last couple of years I've tried doing the 'word of the year' kind of thing... I pick one word that is meaningful and suggests what I want to do/improve/focus on/or just start... that way there's not really any specific goal or plan -- because for me too, those backfire big time.
One example was a couple years ago, I chose 'release' as my word. For me it meant letting go of things, habits, people, or whatever felt like it was weighing me down. I did pretty well that year! This year's word was 'strive' which was apparently too intimidating of a choice for me and didn't really help at all and somehow even though it's a general verb, felt like a specific goal to me :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2017, 04:01 AM   #40  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I am the kind of person that works well with lists...crossing off ....feeling accomplished when the list is done. It helps me focus and stay on track; doesn't mean that I still will not wander off on something new but, the list brings me back. I made a goal list last year (7) items, crossed off 6 of them. The one remaining is more scrapbooking...I am a few years behind. All that scrapping time got used up by developing and teaching a class this year for the first time. That was a great accomplishment for me. I will be teaching one again this new year but most of the work is now done. I found that I truly enjoy teaching and seeing others explore and develop something they did not think they could do!! So fun to watch and be involved in. New goals for 2018..scrapbooking; more watercolor painting ; starting a new art journal; start my Christmas cards in June this next year; teach another class in Oct.; Sort, sell, donate, organize more..make it a regular thing. Having a box to deposit items in as I go through making things helped a ton this last year. I am sure I will lose tack on more items as I get distracted by new products and techniques!! Don't we all.

Eloise
Reply With Quote Likes