Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-30-2018, 04:29 AM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Papertrey Ink order and customer service

After reading numerous threads about their poor customer service I still went ahead and ordered from them. I think its good to hear about the positive side of their company.

I was so excited to see that they carried a die similiar to the one SU carried called their pillow box that they no longer have. PTI sent it right out and I got it with no problems. I then placed another larger order with paper, ink and stamps. It was shipped right away. I did have one paper that they shipped the wrong item and they made it right,

Needless to say I am in love with their product and customer service and hope more people give them another chance.
Cindy Littler
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2018, 04:55 AM   #2  
Glitter Guru

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There are lots of people here who are PTI fans. I use their cardstock almost exclusively. They recently had a restructuring, when Nichole Heady stepped down, so I will be interested to watch their evolution going forward.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2018, 06:56 AM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I too have always had a positive experience with them. Their products are so high quality, it's amazing. I have ordered from them regularly for many many years and I've lucked out with their customer service it seems! They are one company I don't mind paying $24 for a set. Plus they have so many cute $5 sets, that it all seems to balance out in my head. (Oh all the ways we stampers justify spending!!!) And their cardstock is awesome. I have a bunch - even though I tend to use SU because I have their matching inks. But when SU retires colors, I go to Papertrey to fill in the gaps. Like Bashful Blue, Ballet Blue, and Barely Banana - I subbed with Papertrey with minimal difference. Same for Groovy Guava and few others too. It surprises me still, how affordable their cardstock is - compared to stores like Simon Says Stamps and My Favorite Things. It's heavyweight, colored through the core, and, and easy to stamp on. It's a win-win for me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2018, 07:50 AM   #4  
Stampin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I, too, am a big fan of PTI. I love their designs, products and service - they are the 1st place I go when I am looking for something new!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2018, 08:29 AM   #5  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I no longer buy stamps and dies from them just because they are no longer my style but I still order their cardstock exclusively. Their clear cardstock and vellum are good also. I have never had a customer service issue with them. They sent me a wrong die once. I emailed them a picture and they sent the right one out without question.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2018, 02:23 PM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts

I've never had a problem with any of my orders and I was very impressed with how they packaged the card stock - the corners all wrapped with thick paper. I love their card stock and stand alone dies especially.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2018, 07:18 PM   #7  
Stampin' Fool

Received 88 Likes on 33 Posts

I recently began to buy from them because I fell in love with something. Their cardstock is wonderful because it's heavy, and beautiful colors.
I was wary because of so many negative postings, but I ordered their big sampler pack of cardstock. The edges were not well-protected and were bent in shipping. I sent them a photo and they asked me to send it back, and sent me a label to cover return shipping. I received a new package in perfect condition. I have ordered stamps and dies and ink and enjoy all of it. I will buy again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2018, 08:26 AM   #8  
Crimping Master

Years ago they had a pretty bad ink meltdown and people were left with ink that didn’t perform very well. Their latest version of ink works about the same as Altenew in my estimation and matches the cardstock. I haven’t heard much lately in terms of poor customer service. I have stamp sets in a series called Botanical Blocks that I still use a lot and work well with some of the techniques that are in the forefront of cardmaking like watercolor and colored pencil. I also use their wood grain impression plate and their tag dies a lot.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2018, 11:21 AM   #9  
Cardstock Collector

I love their products (especially their great selection of stitching (plush) dies). Never had any problem with customer service - the one time I received a die with defect, they sent me a replacement immediately (even to Brazil).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2018, 07:17 PM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

My experience in last several years has always been satisfactory. They even replaced a stamp I i I was having problems with.I will say I have experienced dog eared corners on cardstock. They told me must have been damaged in transit, but box was in perfect condition. I had a lot of trimming to do.
It is obviously in their shrink wrap process or shipping materials. Happens every time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2018, 05:09 AM   #11  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris01View Post
My experience in last several years has always been satisfactory. They even replaced a stamp I i I was having problems with.I will say I have experienced dog eared corners on cardstock. They told me must have been damaged in transit, but box was in perfect condition. I had a lot of trimming to do.
It is obviously in their shrink wrap process or shipping materials. Happens every time.
The pack can move, hitting the side of the box during transit if there's not enough packing material - at least that's happened many times with other companies, including when Amazon does fulfillment. Makes me nuts. When I've contacted Amazon about it they've made it right by sending more or refunding me but it would be better if they trained their packers. Same with other companies that toss a paper pack loose into a cardboard box or put it in a padded envelope to get beat up. Pet peeve. Obviously. : )

ETA:To leave ackaging feedback for Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/packaging Amazon must assume refunds and re-sending orders is the cost of doing business, but if enough people complain, just maybe something may change. Maybe. : )

Last edited by bjeans; 02-02-2018 at 08:36 AM.. Reason: ETA
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2018, 06:50 AM   #12  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjeansView Post
The pack can move, hitting the side of the box during transit if there's not enough packing material - at least that's happened many times with other companies, including when Amazon does fulfillment. Makes me nuts. When I've contacted Amazon about it they've made it right by sending more or refunding me but it would be better if they trained their packers. Same with other companies that toss a paper pack loose into a cardboard box or put it in a padded envelope to get beat up. Pet peeve. Obviously. : )
They pack it with bumpers (for lack of a better word) on both ends of the paper packs, specifically designed to keep the cardstock from doing that, so it shouldn't absolutely shouldn't be moving inside the package at all during transit.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2018, 08:33 AM   #13  
Crimping Master

My experience with PTI paper is that each pack comes shrink wrapped, and fitted cardboard bumpers are inserted at each end. So far so good. One of the things I have always appreciated about them is their careful packaging. Glad that when they make a mistake they make it good.

The other day I received one #4 watercolor brush from Amazon. It was packed in a box that would have housed 100 watercolor brushes with no packaging whatsoever. Luckily the brush had a plastic protective tip on the end but it was just weird that it had been sent in a pony sized box.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2018, 10:00 AM   #14  
Matboard Maniac

Amazon a bit weird the way they package....Neenah paper arrived after rattling around the too large box with only one useless piece of poof in it.I think PTI tries with its corners, but the cardstock just not staying put in the box.....or something. Needs a bit more stuffing. I’ll push a little harder next time it happens.
Neenah cardstock from Ellen Hutson always arrives in good order.
Sometimes I wonder if it is the shrink wrap process with PTI.
Anyway, a trimmer corrects those pieces. Not all that important.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2018, 04:29 PM   #15  
Stampin' Fool

Received 35 Likes on 6 Posts

I've been ordering from PTI since 2012 and have never had a shipping problem with them. Admittedly, I don't order much card stock from them, but I love that you can order 12 sheets of a single color for $3.00. So much cheaper than SU, and I usually don't need 24 sheets of the same color.

The one time I had an issue with their website and accidentally placed my order 3 times, they fixed it immediately.

Not every stamp set is my style, but their catalog is so huge that I always have a number of PTI items on my wishlist.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2018, 04:20 AM   #16  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by DianeinSparksView Post
I've never had a problem with any of my orders and I was very impressed with how they packaged the card stock - the corners all wrapped with thick paper. I love their card stock and stand alone dies especially.
I was blown away by how well all of my cardstock was packed. I love their CS and was thrilled that for a dollar more that most companies charge for their 25/pack I can get a 50/pack. I have a personal challenge to flood my friends and families mail boxes with cards this year and this will come in handy!!
Reply With Quote Likes