View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 01:36 PM   #25
CreativeCardsea
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Thanks for the mention, Sue! I just added a part 2 to the original post - going over some other possible kit ideas.

My kits have evolved over time. I started out with a structured kit that had everything I needed in it. I could just take the kit and some coloring supplies and I was set to make a while bundle of cards. It was very interesting, but not something I could sustain over time because it didn't mesh with my go-with-the-flow creative process.

Now, I just make mini inspiration kits instead. Each Sunday, I grab some embellishments, stamps or dies that spark creativity and put them on my desk. Then, when I get a free moment throughout the week, I grab them and play around. Sometimes they're enough, other times they're just a starting point and I pull out more supplies to make a card. At the end of the week, I start over and pull a new set of supplies.

The important part for me is that the kits make the creative process easier or faster. I want to sit down to create right away, and not have to drum my fingers and think about what I want to do or, worse yet, go to Pinterest/social media in search of inspiration. Both of those are things that make me feel overwhelmed or that end up in a shopping spree that I'm trying to avoid. Having a starting point - no matter how small - gets me going and makes it easier to keep creating. It's a little like a snowball effect.

Of course, what works for me doesn't necessarily work for everyone. But I do think everyone should try putting a few kits together - if nothing else, then just to see what kind of lovely inspiring things you've already got in your stash.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!