View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 10:36 AM   #13
bjeans
Hardware Hotshot

Elle, I was thinking about your copying books into your journal rather than creative writing. That said, the copying could be very loose and "flowy," rather than uber-structured calligraphy or even more free-form lettering. Makes sense.

And thanks for "getting" those of us who get anxious or rebellious about the classic type of goal setting. Your "permission" reminds me of NLP...
Shaz, what you said resonated and made me laugh; you mean technique-oriented pieces (aka backgrounds) to layer onto card bases? I've been meaning to put mine in a little file box, since I like keeping them even if they never make it onto a card. Sometimes I'll put a note on the back about the technique or colors. Maybe the box should be like for my stamps: if adding new doesn't fit well, others have to go - and in this case go onto a card. (Or as Elle might recommend, give myself permission to turn it into a card.)

I tossed the ugliest alcohol ink background ever made Into the trash, but pulled it out because of two Gelli plate teachers who stopped me from throwing out clean-up prints. (A piece of one became my favorite mini book cover.) I cut the alcohol ink piece into strips and adhered it to a friendly base color with space in between each strip and now love it. But even that may never go onto a card since I may not make that particular brand of ugly again! : )

Beth

Last edited by bjeans; 12-04-2017 at 10:39 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!