View Single Post
Old 12-03-2017, 02:53 PM   #1
CreativeCardsea
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Default Crafty goals for 2018

We're just under a month away from 2018, and I wanted to talk about crafty (and artsy!) goals and resolutions for the upcoming year. I started a thread like this in 2017, and I really enjoyed reading and keeping in touch about how our resolutions were going.

For 2017, my crafty goals were to use up my stash, and I feel like I met that goal partially. I shopped a lot less in 2017 than in 2016, and I used more than just the newest goodies. But I also made a lot less cards in 2017 and that's taken wind from my sails a little.

So, here are my resolutions for 2018!
- Make a card every day in 2018.
Yes, that's a whopping 365 cards to make, and (life permitting) I'll try to chronicle it all through my blog. I've come to the realization that I both shop a lot less and appreciate my stash a lot more when I'm focused on creating - instead of looking for inspiration through social media or YT. Since I need to curb my spending, this resolution will help a ton with that.
- Practice brush calligraphy.
I'm absolutely obsessed with modern calligraphy lately, and I really want to get good at it. I've already bought the basic supplies I need, so I just need to start practicing regularly. I'd like to get into personalizing some items as Christmas gifts and being able to do calligraphy will help a ton with that.
- Start writing.
I really love writing by hand. I mean, as a teenager, I would spend hours just copying a book into a journal for no reason other than I liked writing. There's something inspiring and calming about the process, and I want to give myself the time to do this more regularly. I might journal or focus on creative writing exercises.

What goals do you have for 2018?

(P.s. I started this thread a little bit earlier this year, so that those of us who are going on spending freezes can get that one last order in. )
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!