Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-31-2017, 11:26 PM   #1  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Default November Scrapping Goals and Chatter - VSBN17nov

Scrappin' Challenge 2017
Can you believe this is our 9th year of Scrappin' Goal Challenge?! We sure completed an AWESOME number of pages together in 2009 through 2016 and I'm looking forward to MORE Scrap pages together in 2017! Let's keep scrappin'.

It was SO fun to chat about and see everyone's pages, goals and ideas for completing LOTS of scrapbook pages in 2017! Many had a common theme - get more pages done, use what's in our stash, meet new scrapping friends, plan time/crops...

What fun we'll have sharing ideas, cheering success, keeping the motivation and making new friends. Our scrap goal isn't all about getting pages done, it's also about enjoying the process! Please feel free to join at any time!

Here's the CHALLENGE. Each person can share their page goals, pages and ideas. for those of use who like Annual Goals, we will have a better shot at meeting our yearly goal if we break it down by month.

*In this thread, we track our monthly goals. We find it helps us keep getting pages done which is good for all of us.

You choose your own scrapbook page goal and monthly spend goal. You may select 2, 3, 5, 50 pages....you choose. The idea is to be flexible so if you know you're going to be really busy, you can reduce the number one month or if you're going to a couple crops or scrap weekends, up the number. This also works for the budget. Each month, you can change your goals depending on your calendar!

The whole goal of the challenge is to get lots of pages done all the while enjoying sharing with Virtual Friends.

Are you UP for the CHALLENGE? Come and Play in the 2017 Scrapbook Challenge! Here's to Meeting our Scrapping Goals & Meeting New Friends!

We'd love to "oohh" and "aahh" over your pages so please post with key word "sbc17nov"

Last edited by Lmn; 11-30-2017 at 07:54 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2017, 11:27 PM   #2  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Squirrel November Scrappers

November Scrappers

- Joyce Ann (scs AnniePanda) - 4
- Sharon (scs smadson) - 5
- Anavon (scs Annie's Pantry) - 10
-Molly (scs MollyMoo951) - 30
- Liz (scs ElizabethG) - 8
- Lela (scs Lmn) - 40
- Jayne (Scs Ozpom) - 8
- Amy (scs Shirley'sGirl) - 10
- Sharon (scs Sewflake) - 15
- Cheryl (scs Motherload) - 5

Last edited by Lmn; 11-30-2017 at 08:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2017, 11:30 PM   #3  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Squirrel November VSBN

Come and Play

31 Days --" Every Day December"

VSBN17NovDec will be 31 Days of Challenges. All the challenges will be posted in November. You have all of November, December and a little of January to get the challenges completed!

All Scrapping formats welcome!

Last edited by Lmn; 11-30-2017 at 07:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2017, 11:31 PM   #4  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Squirrel YTD Totals

YTD Totals Thru Oct 31, 2017

- Sharon (scs Sewflake) - 169
- Lela (scs Lmn) - 161
- Amy (scs Shirley'sGirl) - 150
- JoyceAnn (scs AnniePanda) - 96
- Sharon (scs SMadson) - 90
- Liz (scs ElizabethG) - 87
- Jayne (scs Ozpom) - 59
- Anavon (scs Annie's Pantry) - 45
- Molly (scs MollyMoo951) - 20

Last edited by Lmn; 11-30-2017 at 08:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2017, 01:52 AM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 156 Likes on 105 Posts

My YTD is 96
My goal for November is 4.
I fell short in October, made 8 of the 10.
I'll be in Arizona half of Nov, so no scrapping during my visit. I'll be making memories and taking pictures.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2017, 07:10 AM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,974 Likes on 1,491 Posts

I made my goal of 5, barely! LOL

So I have done 90 of 100. My goal for November is 5 again.

Enjoy your memory making time, Joyce Ann!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2017, 09:50 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: "In a state of somewhere.... Somewhere between Motherhood and Grandma should!"
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CHEERING!!!!!! I made above my goal in October.... 10 completed

So my goal for November will be 10 and my YTD is currently 45
OLW: Joy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2017, 12:57 PM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Can I get some help here? I feel a bit dense when I read the current VSBN. Being an old-timer I pretty much stick to the type of pages and albums I've done for many, many years. So, I get it when Lela gives us the second part of the option; I can just do a traditional page without any stress. I've given myself stress, through, because I want to try the "December Daily" but am skittish to tackle it since I don't fully understand my options. I'm pretty sure I don't want to do a pocket page, but if I decide to go that route I know how to do it - not good at it, but I do understand the mechanics of it, even have some sheets.
So how about the form/format of the Dec. Daily? How does it work for you who have done this sort of album? Is it in a traditional album or are they hand made? If so, what size is the usual? Do I understand correctly that we can make up the pages now and fill in the details later, is that the usual way? Can't think of more specific questions now, so, thanks for any additional help/ideas you all may have on the method of such an endeavor. (Sorry, I know I'm cluttering the goals thread, but I don't know where else to ask.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2017, 01:30 PM   #9  
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Location: In the '82 Los Angeles underground, looking to hire...The A-Team.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnniePandaView Post
Can I get some help here? I feel a bit dense when I read the current VSBN. Being an old-timer I pretty much stick to the type of pages and albums I've done for many, many years. So, I get it when Lela gives us the second part of the option; I can just do a traditional page without any stress. I've given myself stress, through, because I want to try the "December Daily" but am skittish to tackle it since I don't fully understand my options. I'm pretty sure I don't want to do a pocket page, but if I decide to go that route I know how to do it - not good at it, but I do understand the mechanics of it, even have some sheets.
So how about the form/format of the Dec. Daily? How does it work for you who have done this sort of album? Is it in a traditional album or are they hand made? If so, what size is the usual? Do I understand correctly that we can make up the pages now and fill in the details later, is that the usual way? Can't think of more specific questions now, so, thanks for any additional help/ideas you all may have on the method of such an endeavor. (Sorry, I know I'm cluttering the goals thread, but I don't know where else to ask.)
I started a thread specifically for December Daily 2017 - there is a link in my signature.

HERE <--click. And check out post #6.

Great questions and glad you asked.

I'm going to answer your questions on that thread. I'm sure you are not the only one with these questions!

Never give up, just practice, stay positive and have fun!

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
The A-Team.

Last edited by mollymoo951; 11-01-2017 at 01:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2017, 01:43 PM   #10  
ALWAYS has a P L A N

YTD Completed - 20YTD Goal - 100

November goal - 30

December Daily! Here I come! :mrgreen: Hoping to complete & share 2016 pages and create & share 2017 foundation pages.

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
The A-Team.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2017, 02:34 PM   #11  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Thanks Melissa - subscribing to that thread!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2017, 03:21 PM   #12  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by mollymoo951View Post
I started a thread specifically for December Daily 2017 - there is a link in my signature.

HERE <--click. And check out post #6.

Great questions and glad you asked.

I'm going to answer your questions on that thread. I'm sure you are not the only one with these questions!
Hi Melissa...fyi...the link you shared in your post #8 didn't work when I clicked on it to see what the December Daily was all about.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2017, 03:33 PM   #13  
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Quote:

Originally Posted by eeddmmView Post
Hi Melissa...fyi...the link you shared in your post #8 didn't work when I clicked on it to see what the December Daily was all about.
I just went back and checked all the links - it should open to the blog page entitled: December Daily 2016 - Let's Begin.

I've shared another link as well.

Hope this helps. If not, just let me know.

The A-Team.

Last edited by mollymoo951; 11-01-2017 at 03:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2017, 04:11 PM   #14  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,974 Likes on 1,491 Posts

delete
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2017, 04:40 PM   #15  
Hardware Hotshot

Hello everyone!

My goal for this month is 8 pages, but I hope to reach my yearly goal. I also desperately need to put finished pages in their albums! I have years worth that I just haven't put in the albums, so I need to focus on doing that this month so I can empty up some layout bins to fill up again (especially for next year!). I haven't decided yet if I will attempt a December Daily album this year.

YTD: 87
Nov: 8
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2017, 05:00 PM   #16  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

I've done a few December Daily albums (you can see some of them in my gallery in the albums sections to get an idea of what I like to put in mine). I personally don't like to pre-make my pages, but usually do them the following day. Sometimes I fall behind and will be doing them a week late, but I will already have the photos ready. Mine are more like a mini-album and I like to hodge-podge mine together with different shapes, textures, and embellishments. I just think it makes it more interesting and magical that way.

They are fun to do, but sometimes I have struggled with figuring out what to scrap about on the slow days. And then there are times that I think the whole month must be jam-packed with fun so I can have something to put on the pages. Haha.

All I know is that every year we take them all down and look through each one and it brings back memories of all the fun we had that specific year.

Maybe I'll play along this year. Guess I'll have to see how much I accomplish this month ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2017, 09:55 PM   #17  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Hello November

Well, October was a good scrappy month for me, I got 31 pages done. Here's a couple of my faves

Views of Cincinnati, OH

Stronger Together

I'm hoping to have another month of good scrapping especially around the holiday with time off. I'd like to get 40 pages completed. I gotta keep busy ... lately I've been on a " Scrappy spending spree", wow! I feel like I went "embellishment crazy" .... My goal is still to have all of 2017 done by 123117 ... we'll see. I keep adding photo moments, LOL!

I see all the CUTE December Daily Albums and I'm envious, I wish I'd done something like that when my boys were growing up. I'm going to make some "foundation pages" for December because I think that idea appeals to me and goes well with VSBN so I have a couple started, just not sure how many :eek:

Last edited by Lmn; 11-01-2017 at 10:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2017, 12:08 AM   #18  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,301 Likes on 936 Posts

I failed miserably in October and didn't scrap one page. I did, however, make some cards

YTD I'm still at 59
October goal....0/8....:(

My goal for this month is to start and complete my sister's mini album before we head off to the UK to surprise her in a few weeks. I only have a couple of weeks to create it. I will put myself down for 8 mini sized pages if that is allowable.

Lela, I love your VSBN challenges for this month and next, however the theme may not be relevant to the mini album I want to make, but I'm hoping to use some of your challenges from last month, where possible.

We will be away for most of December, only returning just before Xmas so I will have to pass on December goals. I do like the idea of the daily album and will look at this for my travel albums as I have been undecided on what to do for those and hope to make a start next year.

I wish you all a happy November and hope you all find time to create. Hugs jx
Monthly: MMJ Challenge….
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2017, 01:29 AM   #19  
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Good morning ladies!

The A-Team.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2017, 01:42 AM   #20  
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elizabeth G.View Post
I've done a few December Daily albums (you can see some of them in my gallery in the albums sections to get an idea of what I like to put in mine). I personally don't like to pre-make my pages, but usually do them the following day. Sometimes I fall behind and will be doing them a week late, but I will already have the photos ready. Mine are more like a mini-album and I like to hodge-podge mine together with different shapes, textures, and embellishments. I just think it makes it more interesting and magical that way.

They are fun to do, but sometimes I have struggled with figuring out what to scrap about on the slow days. And then there are times that I think the whole month must be jam-packed with fun so I can have something to put on the pages. Haha.

All I know is that every year we take them all down and look through each one and it brings back memories of all the fun we had that specific year.

Maybe I'll play along this year. Guess I'll have to see how much I accomplish this month ;)
You are not alone in feeling this way! I cut and paste your comment and addressed this in the December Daily 2017 thread.

And I LOVE that your family enjoys looking through all the books each year!

The A-Team.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2017, 02:09 AM   #21  
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Quote:

Originally Posted by OzpomView Post
I failed miserably in October and didn't scrap one page. I did, however, make some cards

YTD I'm still at 59
October goal....0/8....:(

My goal for this month is to start and complete my sister's mini album before we head off to the UK to surprise her in a few weeks. I only have a couple of weeks to create it. I will put myself down for 8 mini sized pages if that is allowable.

Lela, I love your VSBN challenges for this month and next, however the theme may not be relevant to the mini album I want to make, but I'm hoping to use some of your challenges from last month, where possible.

We will be away for most of December, only returning just before Xmas so I will have to pass on December goals. I do like the idea of the daily album and will look at this for my travel albums as I have been undecided on what to do for those and hope to make a start next year.

I wish you all a happy November and hope you all find time to create. Hugs jx
I beg to differ - you did not fail! And yes - that is absolutely allowed. A page, a story - that's what this is all about.

After deciding on a format for documenting (I think you mentioned on the other thread, you liked the December Daily format - it is great for mini albums.), the approach to documenting within that format could be chronological or by topic. Very similar to December Daily.

How about an intro page for your trip - why did you go on your trip? How was the weather on the trip? You could even do it chronological and sprinkle in "random tidbits" about the locale - the weather, the trees, the people. Just change December to trip.

Looking forward to seeing your pages.

How's your sister doing?

The A-Team.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2017, 09:11 AM   #22  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 231 Likes on 146 Posts

Oct goal of 12 met; yearly goal of 150 met! Nov goal: 10.
Interesting VSBN and the Daily concept. I'm intrigued and will have to "noodle" on this to see about my participation level. I like stretching the comfort zone...this would certainly do it. Thanks for the inspiration!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2017, 10:31 AM   #23  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: "In a state of somewhere.... Somewhere between Motherhood and Grandma should!"

Quote:

My YTD is 96
My goal for November is 4.
I fell short in October, made 8 of the 10.
I'll be in Arizona half of Nov, so no scrapping during my visit. I'll be making memories and taking pictures.
Are you going to be anywhere near the Grand Canyon while you are here in Arizona? I live here at the South Rim and would love to get together, I also have some sweet "Friends & Family" deals left on some of the activities going on here at the canyon, if you would like any, just let me know. We will be on our cruise Nov. 10th-20th.
OLW: Joy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2017, 01:17 PM   #24  
Hardware Hotshot

Gals - I'm really frustrated. I was organizing my completed scrapbook pages (putting them into their proper albums) today. As I was adding them to the albums, I was noticing that the older pages that I had completed were starting to come unglued. I had to fix several things. Then I went through my first scrapbook that I made of my pup in 2002 and I had to re-apply almost every photo! Is this happening to anyone else?!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2017, 01:58 PM   #25  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Anavon, I'll be in Phoenix 15th - 29th. Doubt my granddaughter will take me that far. Would love to meet up, but not likely with you being on a cruising and I think it is pretty far from her.
Liz, I started using Yes Paste a few years back and that has held. One thing for sure is that glue sticks and tape runners (at least the ones I used to use) do not hold. Pre-glued stickers usually fall off If I don't add my paste to it, too.

I have my 1st Nov. page done. Not sure what possessed me, but I followed a sketch and just pulled out papers and did it!
Cold Walk by AnniePanda at Splitcoaststampers

I've decided I want to make some sort of a travel book for my Arizona trip. I'm going to go check Liz's gallery for ideas.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2017, 06:53 PM   #26  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

I beg to differ - you did not fail! And yes - that is absolutely allowed. A page, a story - that's what this is all about.

After deciding on a format for documenting (I think you mentioned on the other thread, you liked the December Daily format - it is great for mini albums.), the approach to documenting within that format could be chronological or by topic. Very similar to December Daily.

How about an intro page for your trip - why did you go on your trip? How was the weather on the trip? You could even do it chronological and sprinkle in "random tidbits" about the locale - the weather, the trees, the people. Just change December to trip.

Looking forward to seeing your pages.

How's your sister doing?
Thanks Melissa for all the tips. I will definitely give it a go somehow.

My sister is doing really well. She can start to drive again this week and is slowly getting in some walking. She's still on light duties. The specialist has told her she is a very lucky lady and caught it early. We are blessed and I think one of my pages will be "thankful". Thank you for asking.

Take care and have a wonderful weekend. The sun has finally got its hat on here. Jx
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2017, 06:55 PM   #27  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Gals - I'm really frustrated. I was organizing my completed scrapbook pages (putting them into their proper albums) today. As I was adding them to the albums, I was noticing that the older pages that I had completed were starting to come unglued. I had to fix several things. Then I went through my first scrapbook that I made of my pup in 2002 and I had to re-apply almost every photo! Is this happening to anyone else?!

Hi Liz, I've also noticed that happening when putting the youngest son's albums together. The pages I completed years ago are all starting to come apart or embellishments are falling off. I put it down to the fact that maybe my tape and glue were of sub standard quality. Not sure. It is frustrating.

Happy weekend jx
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2017, 03:48 AM   #28  
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Good morning ladies! Happy friYAY!

The A-Team.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2017, 03:52 AM   #29  
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Quote:

Oh no. :( How frustrating.

I will have to go look and some much older pages - wait a minute - I looked at older pages the other day - no. BUT, the only thing I can remember coming apart or to have noticed to have slid are the Thickers. So I use a Martha Stewart glue pen on my Thickers now. (And yes - these are supposed to be sticky letters.)

I use redline tape in the corners of each layer and then my ATG to do an "X" from corner to corner.

What kind of adhesive do you use?

The A-Team.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2017, 05:25 AM   #30  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Oh no. :( How frustrating.

I will have to go look and some much older pages - wait a minute - I looked at older pages the other day - no. BUT, the only thing I can remember coming apart or to have noticed to have slid are the Thickers. So I use a Martha Stewart glue pen on my Thickers now. (And yes - these are supposed to be sticky letters.)

I use redline tape in the corners of each layer and then my ATG to do an "X" from corner to corner.

What kind of adhesive do you use?
I have used a variety, but the mono adhesive from Stampin' Up! is what seems to be falling apart the most. I also uses the adhesive photo corner squares from Fiskars. Now I use a different brand. I thought it might be because I move around so much. Sometimes they are in boxes in the heat/cold/etc. Either way, I'll be using glue to put them back together!

Thanks for the tips, ladies. I'll be fixing more album pages today as well as putting fresh pages in their proper place I'm almost caught up on the birthday and halloween albums. When putting all the pages in, I noticed I skipped birthdays 7 & 8 and 2 trick-or-treats (plus this years). Guess I know what photos I'll be ordering next.

I'm way behind on my Christmas album so I might work on those pages instead of doing a December Daily album. Still plenty of time left to decide, I think.

Happy Friday!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2017, 07:27 AM   #31  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

the mono adhesive from Stampin' Up! is what seems to be falling apart the most.
Oh yes, I stopped using that years ago! I had used it pretty much for cards and after seeing how they fell apart in only a month I thru it out.

Glue Dots seem to be holding up for me too. I am now trying new stuff that has not been in my albums for long, but after a few months - so far so good. I like the glue pen I picked up, ZIG, and it seems to be really good on the thin items. I had one before (don't remember the brand) that the stuff popped of after only a few days! Got rid of that one!

I do use the Yes paste for the papers and photos. I use a plastic spatula to spread a thin coat along the edges and even if I cover the entire piece the paper never warps. It's fast to use, gives me wiggle room when placing it down, so I like that.

As for tapes, it seems the red ones didn't hold well, but whatever white ones I have are working. I use it for placing ribbon mostly or specialty projects like boxes or movable cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2017, 08:27 AM   #32  
Glitter Guru

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Looks like I showed up late to the party again!!!
I am going with 15 layout this month.
If I make that or more then I just might have a change to reach my goal by the end of the year!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2017, 08:28 AM   #33  
Glitter Guru

My year to date at the end of October is 169 pages.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2017, 08:38 AM   #34  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

I have not had an issue with layouts in an album. I have had un sticking issues with cards when I had the cheap popup tabs that were used in a card kit. Every single one lost its sticky in a short time!
Now the only things I have problems with are the layouts that I frame and don't use strong enough paste, glue, or tape on the pictures or embellishments. I have a couple of pages that need to be unframed and re-stick!!
I use 3m tape for the ATG
mono liquid glue for stickers and light weight embellishments
Aleens tacky spray for my titles and intricate dies
Liquitex gloss gel for all the heavy embellishments - bought for another purpose then ended up not liking the technique so I use the gel for a paste!! Kind of expensive for that purpose but at least it is not going to waste!

Last edited by sewflake; 11-03-2017 at 08:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2017, 08:44 AM   #35  
Glitter Guru

Headed over to the December daily thread to see what it is all about!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2017, 09:20 AM   #36  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hey Sharon, it's only the 3rd, you are not late!
I am so impressed with how many pages you do and how awesome they are too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2017, 09:34 AM   #37  
ALWAYS has a P L A N

So, y'all are talking about the Mono Multi - in the white bottle with the green cap - the liquid glue - and not the SNAIL?

I'd heard about the SNAIL, but not the Mono Multi, falling apart. Oh. Wow.

So glad I use redline tape. And a Martha Stewart glue pen.

The A-Team.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2017, 09:42 AM   #38  
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Quote:

Oh yes, I stopped using that years ago! I had used it pretty much for cards and after seeing how they fell apart in only a month I thru it out.

Glue Dots seem to be holding up for me too. I am now trying new stuff that has not been in my albums for long, but after a few months - so far so good. I like the glue pen I picked up, ZIG, and it seems to be really good on the thin items. I had one before (don't remember the brand) that the stuff popped of after only a few days! Got rid of that one!

I do use the Yes paste for the papers and photos. I use a plastic spatula to spread a thin coat along the edges and even if I cover the entire piece the paper never warps. It's fast to use, gives me wiggle room when placing it down, so I like that.

As for tapes, it seems the red ones didn't hold well, but whatever white ones I have are working. I use it for placing ribbon mostly or specialty projects like boxes or movable cards.
My glue dots and my pop dots are good - no issue with those.

I may check out Yes paste, but for right now I'm going to use a gloss gel medium for a movable adhesive. Since it's something used in Mixed Media projects, I expect it to hold up well.

The A-Team.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2017, 09:44 AM   #39  
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Quote:

Originally Posted by sewflakeView Post
I have not had an issue with layouts in an album. I have had un sticking issues with cards when I had the cheap popup tabs that were used in a card kit. Every single one lost its sticky in a short time!
Now the only things I have problems with are the layouts that I frame and don't use strong enough paste, glue, or tape on the pictures or embellishments. I have a couple of pages that need to be unframed and re-stick!!
I use 3m tape for the ATG
mono liquid glue for stickers and light weight embellishments
Aleens tacky spray for my titles and intricate dies
Liquitex gloss gel for all the heavy embellishments - bought for another purpose then ended up not liking the technique so I use the gel for a paste!! Kind of expensive for that purpose but at least it is not going to waste!

THIS! Yes!

The A-Team.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2017, 12:44 PM   #40  
Glitter Guru

The two I have done so far this month... then going to work on challenge - December (November for me) Daily #1

Jurassic

Banshee
Reply With Quote Likes