Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-10-2017, 09:39 AM   #1  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,552 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue
Default Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread

Challenge Title: Get Drunk!
Hostess: UnderstandBlue aka Lydia
Keyword: FF17UnderstandBlueA
Date: 10.08.2017

I don't know about you, but this hurricane season is driving me to DRINK! Hurricane season is just part of the territory in the fall if you live on the gulf or the East coast, and the hurricane party was definitely part of our lives every fall in the part of Texas I grew up in. But this year - OUCH.

So we are going to start THIS party with alcohol.

Your challenge is to create a project using any tutorial featuring alcohol from the tutorials section, including TODAY'S Falliday Fest tutorial. Please link to the tutorial you used in your project description.

Have fun - and CHEERS!

We do have a tutorial in the tutorials section for today's technique here.

I can't wait to see what you do!

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Falliday Fest Gallery HERE
View the Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Falliday Fest Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Falliday Fest Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than October 31, 2017 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please donate as many cards from this challenge as you can to our four Falliday Fest card drives. You can find all the details in the Falliday Fest Challenge Forum!
Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_6805.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_7678.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-falladays_01_plb_by_pattyb.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17undersandbluea_by_bejoyce.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17understandblue_by_chrissyd723.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17understandbluea_annsforte3_greeting_ornaments_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17understandbluea_annsforte3_magic_baubles_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17understandbluea_annsforte3_marbled_poinsettia_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17understandbluea_annsforte3_pair_of_deer_bauble_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff-bev.png  

Last edited by UnderstandBlue; 10-08-2017 at 03:37 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,122 Likes on 505 Posts

Challenge Title: Tutorial Tango
Hostess: dini (Dina K)
Keyword: FF17diniA
Date: Sunday, October 8th

Welcome to Falliday Fest! We're so excited about this opportunity to have fun together, share cards, and get ahead on our projects for the holiday season! We are so glad you're here. One of my roles here at Splitcoast is coordinating the amazing authors who share tutorials with you every week. We have over 600 tutorials in our resources section that are free to explore, expand and share. It's pretty amazing! Some of them are like cute little historical archives, from a hundred years ago when we used the Coluzzle or actual scissors to cut out circles. Some of them are edgy and modern. There are cards, boxes, altered projects, mixed media techniques, backgrounds, gift ideas, packaging - it's a remarkable list.

Sooo.... since Lydia got you drunk in her challenge, I'm taking you dancing. It's only right. It's time for a Tutorial Tango!

For my challenge, choose a tutorial that starts with the first letter of your first name, and make a project. They're all there, unless your name begins with X... and if that's you, please choose a tutorial that starts with a number (X is a number, right?). I think the list in the Technique Spotlight Gallery is the easiest one to search through, so for that list click HERE. Remember, you can click into the Holiday Blitz gallery for more options. For a full tutorial list, click HERE. Be sure to mention or link up the tutorial you use in your gallery post so that others can be inspired!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Falliday Fest Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Falliday Fest Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than October 31, 2017 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please donate as many cards from this challenge as you can to our four Falliday Fest card drives. You can find all the details in the Falliday Fest Challenge Forum!
Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_6933.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-pears_falladay_by_chrissyd723.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-herringbone-deer-hbs_by_hbrown.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17dinia_by_sleepyinseattle.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17dinia_by_bejoyce.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17dinia_annsforte3_deer_in_the_woods_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-10_8_17_ff17dinia_birthday_baker_by_shoe_girl.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-falladays_02_plb_by_pattyb.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_7680.jpg  
Vincent Van Gogh

Last edited by UnderstandBlue; 10-09-2017 at 03:25 AM..
Splitcoast Team Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Abundant Blessings

Challenge Title: Abundant Blessings
Hostess: stamp_momma aka Lori
Keyword: FF17StampMommaA
Date: October 8, 2017

Things feel so heavy lately.... can I get an amen?

If you are like me, crafting is my peaceful, content and blessed place. And, I'm not talking about physical space, though I do love my room, but I am talking about that "place" where I recall special memories, favorite people and dream... count and consider my gracious abundant blessings!

Your challenge is to create a Christmas, Thanksgiving or autumn card using the word blessing. When you share your card, let us know what Blessings you've encountered in the last 30 days! There is always something to be grateful for... I am grateful for the blessing of sharing this hobby with all of you! Paper crafting has brought me growth as an artist, work in a field I love and an abundance of friends that are like family...

Happy Falliday Fest!

Let's have a blessed two weeks!

View the Falliday Fest Gallery
HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

4. Please donate as many cards from this challenge as you can to our four Falliday Fest card drives. You can find all the details in the
Falliday Fest Challenge Forum!
Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_6807.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_7669.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17stampmomma.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17blessings_by_sleepyinseattle.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17stampmommaa_annsforte3_christmas_blessing_by_annsforte3.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17stampmommaa_annsforte3_ring_out_the_blessings_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17stampmommaa_annsforte3_snowflake_blessing_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17stampmommaamjo_by_scraperwannabe.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-falladay_sunflower_by_chrissyd723.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-falladays_01_plb_by_pattyb.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-falladays_03_plb_by_pattyb.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-jhc_blessings_by_naturecoastcrafter.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-cmas-blessings-hbs_by_hbrown.jpg  

Last edited by UnderstandBlue; 10-07-2017 at 10:58 AM..
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Reaching for the Stars

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Challenge Title: Birds of a Feather Flock Together
Hostess: Lori - LMcAree
Keyword: FF17LMcAree
Date: October 9, 2017

Welcome to this years Falliday Fest!! I hope you are having a great time!! I love this time of year, the weather usually isn't as nice so I have more time to craft! Hubs and I moved back "home" earlier this year and found a great place to live with lots of wildlife! One of the things we love is to watch the birds! We've seen Hummingbirds, Oriole's, Chickadees, Finches, Red Headed Woodpeckers and many others! Sadly, we aren't seeing many with the weather cooling down. My challenge to you is to have a bird(s) and/or feathers on your project. I'm looking forward to your creations!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

Thank you so much to my amazing sample makers!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_6910_by_lmcaree.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-zzff17lmcaree_by_va_sunshine.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17lmcaree_annsforte3_holiday_birds_on_a_branch_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17lmcaree_annsforte3_cherry_branch_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17lmcaree_annsforte3_hello_feathers_by_annsforte3.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_7667.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_6887.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-falladay_feathers_by_chrissyd723.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-falladays_04_plb-1_by_pattyb.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-10_9_17_ff17lmcaree_girl_by_shoe_girl.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-doves-peace-hbs_by_hbrown.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17lmcaree_by_bejoyce.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17lmcareemjo_by_scraperwannabe.jpg  

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My
Blog
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,191 Likes on 1,825 Posts
Default It's a Blizzard ~ FF17annsforte3 ~ Monday, October 9, 2017

Challenge Title: It�s A Blizzard

Hostess: annsforte3, aka: Ann

Keyword: FF17annsforte3

Date: Monday, October 9, 2017

Welcome to Falliday Fest 2017!!

How many of you have heard about or experienced Wisconsin winters? They can be brutal!! Forecasters are predicting that due to our mild temperatures this summer we will get hit hard with snow and cold temperatures this winter!! As a resident of Wisconsin, I am already thinking about what I will need to survive the cold and snow this winter!! Of course, that would be card making supplies!

The cold and strong winds, that are forecast, gave me the idea for my challenge! Using the yarn block technique, create a stormy background on dark card stock. On that background add a winter creature or person braving the elements.

Challenge translation: Use the yarn block technique with ONLY white paint or white ink on a dark piece of card stock, for your background. This technique is done by wrapping yarn (any type) around a block, maybe your glass stamping block, or a wooden block. Wrap the yarn in different directions and secure on the back with tape for ease of stamping. Apply the paint or ink to your yarn and begin to stamp!!

Eyelash yarn works beautifully, as seen in some of my examples. Also, if you only have thicker yarn you could consider cutting and fraying some of the strands. If you do not have any yarn in the house, try using twine or string! Twine does work wonderfully!! Can�t wait to see your snow storms and winter creatures!

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE!
View the Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread HERE!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

Thank you for participating in Falliday Fest 2017!

Many thanks to all my sample makers, you are so very thoughtful!!

Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17annsforte3-annsforte3-baby-its-cold-outside-.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17annsforte3-annsforte3-cardinal-christmas.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17annsforte3-annsforte3-mothers-love.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17annsforte3-annsforte3-north-pole-blizzard.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17annsforte3-annsforte3-deer-storm.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17annsforte3-annsforte3-two-birds-storm.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17annsforte3-annsforte3-burr-let-snow.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-jhc_yarnblock_by_naturecoastcrafter.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-yarn-blizzard-hbs_by_hbrown.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17annsforte3_by_bejoyce.jpg  

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Challenge Title: Dendritic Technique
Hostess: scrapaholic007 / Shannon
Keyword: FF17scrapaholic007
Date: October 10, 2017

Welcome to day three of Falliday Fest 2017! I�m so excited about today's Dendritic Technique challenge! Dendritic is the visual you see when you look at the winter sky through trees with bare branches, or the crackling lines of crystalline, or ice.
Using smooth, nonporous surfaces and paint, this technique creates beautiful backgrounds perfect for any season, occasion or gender.

For this technique you will need:
- acrylic paint in any color(s)
- 2 pieces of either of these nonporous objects, they will be your pressing surfaces:
� THICK glass (thin glass like those used in photo frames is NOT recommended or safe. They have a very high risk of breaking.)
� Acetate, or transparency film
� Large acrylic stamping blocks
� Smooth ceramic tiles
� Flat embossing machine cutting plates
*see sample photos for the difference in looks & pressing surfaces.
- Paint brush
- A thin tool to pry pieces apart, if needed
- 2 pieces of paper (this technique will create 2 paint surfaces to lift from) Bonus: You will get at least 2 card panels from this technique. SCORE!

-Instructions:
Have paper ready.
Apply paint to one surface piece, spread out in an even layer. Lay the second surface onto the painted one. Sandwiching the paint. Press down firmly. Carefully separate the two pieces. The paint can create a vacuum type seal, because of this, the pieces might need to be pried apart. If this happens, slide a thin tool, like a small spatula, or butter knife between the surfaces and slightly twist to lift one corner up in order to get a grip on them & pull them apart. As you pull the pieces apart the paint will create the Dendritic patterns.
Lay your paper onto the pulled apart surfaces. Lightly run fingers over the paper to adhere the paint. Gently lift up the paper from one end in a peeling type manner. Ta-Da! You just created gorgeous, unique background piece. Allow your Dendritic print to dry completely before using on a project.

This challenge also coordinates with our first card drive.
If you are participating in the card drives for the Falliday Fest challenges, please coordinate your Dendritic creation with card drive #1 - Occasions challenge. (birthday, thank you, thinking of you miss you, baby, anniversary, sympathy, encouragement, friend) Restrictions: no glitter, no sharp objects, no metal of any kind. Envelopes required, must have a greeting stamped inside. For more details please follow this link: Falliday Fest 2017 - Card Drive #1

I hope you enjoy this challenge! I simply cannot wait to see all your beautiful creations fill up the gallery.

View the Gallery for this Challenge HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Falliday Fest Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Falliday Fest Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than October 31st, 2017 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
4. Please donate as many cards from this challenge as you can to our four Falliday Fest card drives. The donation thread is HERE

Thank you for participating in these card drives!

BIG Thanks to my sample makers! xo
Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17scrapaholic007_annsforte3_birthday_deer_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17scrapaholic007_annsforte3_good_wishes_dendritic_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17scrapaholic007_annsforte3_hello_forest_dendritic_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-dendritic_by_sleepyinseattle.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-dendritic-trees-hbs_by_hbrown.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-falladays_06_plb_by_pattyb.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-10_10_17_ff17scrapaholic007_congrats_baby_by_shoe_girl.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-dendritic-birthday.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-dendritic-tree.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-23705882198_673168695b_o.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-zzoct10ffscrapaholic007_by_va_sunshine.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17scrapaholic007_by_chrissyd723.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_7705.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_7708.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_7670.jpg  

Last edited by UnderstandBlue; 10-12-2017 at 06:55 AM..
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 243 Likes on 129 Posts
Default Get Your Mask On!

Challenge Title: Get Your Mask On!
Hostess: TexasGrammy = Bev
Keyword: FF17TexasGrammy
Date: Oct. 10, 2017

Surely you've heard the news?! Fall is fully upon us, here in the USA! It’s time for warm colors, raking piles of leaves, Friday night high school football, shifting food focus in cooking, adding sleeves & maybe layers (depending on one’s distance from the equator), and … the approaching Fall holidays! Halloween is on the way at the end of the month. Have your planned the kids’ costumes? (Or the adult ones?) Looking forward to a costume gathering for kids or grown-ups?

>>> My challenge is to use masking as you create your cards. If you’ve always used one particular style of asking, s.t.r.e.t.c.h to try a new-to-you method of masking! Whichever style of making you choose, I challenge you to

Get Your Mask On!

View the complete Falliday Fest Gallery HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Falliday Fest Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Falliday Fest Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than October 31, 2017 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Please be sure to post a link to your entry in this thread.

Bunches of big Thank You's to my fabby team of Masked Sample Makers! Hi Oh Silver!!!
SaveSave
Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-witch-masking-naturecoastcrafter.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17texasgrammy-bejoyce.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-autumnnight-annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-birds-flight-annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-winterwishes-annsforte3.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_6949.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-sss-holiday-lydia-fiedler-smaller-watermark.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-falladays-pattyb.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17texasgrammy-shoe_girl.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-texas-cmas-_hbrown.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17texasgrammy-chrissyd723.jpg  
VSN Coordinator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 171 Likes on 130 Posts

Challenge Title: Iced Leather
Hostess: LuvLee (Lee)
Keyword: FF17LuvLee
Date: Oct. 11, 2017

Ah, fall is here! Actually we've already had freezing temps and snow flurries on our mountain!! Fall always makes me think of leather coats and chilly weather. So I invented a little twist to a faux suede technique!

For a suede look and feel, take a sanding block or fine sandpaper and rough up your piece of cardstock. Now look at it and feel it! Just like suede-ish! Now to get an "icy" look, use some glitter. You can use stickles if you don't have loose glitter but you won't get nearly the cool look as if you do this technique:

1. Swipe your sueded piece of cardstock with Versamark (or other glue-ey pad). Get some hard edges mixed with soft to really enhance the suede/leather look.

2. Now sprinkle Heat n Stick (SU) or other powder glue and heat gun it 'til it's tacky. Sprinkle your glitter on it and tap off.

Now make your card! Here's a sample I made using pink...of course!! Here are two different panels I made:

And a finished card sample:

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE: Here
View the Falliday Fest Gallery: Here
View the Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread: Here

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
4. Please donate as many cards from this challenge as you can to our four Falliday Fest card drives. You can find all the challenges in our Falliday Fest forum!

A HUGE thank you to my sample makers!! MWAH!!!

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-10_11_17_ff17luvlee_holiday_wreath_by_shoe_girl.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-falladays_11_plb_by_pattyb.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17luvlee_annsforte3_snowflaked_leather_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17luvlee_by_chrissyd723.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-iced-leather-wishes-hbs_by_hbrown.jpg  

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Challenge Title: Picking Up The Pieces!
Hostess: bejoyce aka Barbara
Keyword: FF17bejoyce
Date: 10/11/2017

We're about a third of the way through the month, and I know you've been busy at work, stamping, cutting, pasting, and creating beautiful cards ! Yay, you! And if you're like me, there are some leftover pieces lying on your craft table, right? Well, I'm here to help you tidy up!

My challenge is "Picking Up The Pieces." Translation: make a card using bits and pieces that you find lying around your craft table.

Huge thanks and big hugs to my sample makers, Ann, Dina, Holly, Chrissy, Patty, Lisa, Lydia, Teresa, Kathy and Shannon. Your cards are beautiful!

I can't wait to see YOUR creations!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1, All Falliday Fest Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Falliday Fest Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than October 31, 2017, at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
4. Please donate as many cards from this challenge as you can to our four Falliday Fest card drives. You can find all the details in the Falliday Fest Challenge Forum!Attachment 330763
Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_6809.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17bejoyce_annsforte2_over_the_moon_bird_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17bejoyce_annsforte3_bunny_pieces_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17bejoyce_annsforte3_candy_cane_christmas_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17bejoyce_annsforte3_thanksgiving_pieces_by_annsforte3.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17dinib_annsforte3_santa_and_poinsettia_tag_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-what-you-see-pumpkin-hbs_by_hbrown.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-falldayscraps_by_chrissyd723.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-falladays_08_plb_by_pattyb.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-10_11_17_ff17bejoyce_hello_shoes_by_shoe_girl.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_7701.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17bejoyce-kline.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_3034_by_cakath.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-scraps_on_desk_by_scrapaholic007.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17bejoyce2.jpg  

SCS Fan Club Member
Color Challenge Team Member
QFTD215
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 126 Likes on 93 Posts
Squirrel

Challenge Title: Warm Fuzzies
Hostess: jacqueline
Keyword: FF17jacqueline
Date: 10.12.2017

Let�s kick of the holiday season and get in the spirit by creating and sharing some �warm fuzzies�. World Kindness Day is celebrated on November 13. The intent of World Kindness Day is to "build a kinder and more compassionate world". It encourages us to be kind to others, helping to create a nicer, better world.

For my challenge, I'd like you to make a generic card - it can include general kindness or encouraging or happy words/sentiments. Then, you need to send it to a RANDOM person for no specific reason � just a true random act to make someone smile. Pick a random name from the phone book or use online resources (i.e. in my county we can access property tax records online and get names and addresses) to pick a recipient, send some happiness to someone at your kids school, the pet store, the meteorologist on the local news. There are SO many opportunities to spread a little extra kindness. You can even drop a card into someone�s shopping cart while shopping or leave it on a windshield. I can't wait to see what you come up with.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS
:
4. Please donate as many cards as you can to our four Falliday Fest card drives. You can find all the details in the Falliday Fest Challenge Forum HERE!
Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_7647.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-2ff17jacqueline_by_chrissyd723.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-10_12_17_ff17jacqueline_card_love_by_shoe_girl.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-falladays_09_plb_by_pattyb.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17jacqueline_annsforte3_thankful_autumn_tree_by_annsforte3.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-good-things-white-pencil_by_hbrown.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-jhc_kindessday_by_naturecoastcrafter.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-kindness-2-falliday-fest.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-kindness-3-falliday-fest.jpg  

Instagram: @jacqueline_worksforstamps
Blog: Works For Stamps

Come join the TEAparty every Tuesday! Click here for details.

"Stamping is an addiction & therapy rolled into one"
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts

Challenge Title: Orange You Glad...
Hostess: Shoe Girl aka Lisa
Keyword: FF17ShoeGirl
Date: Thursday 10-12-2017

When I was a kid I wanted an ORANGE room. In my crafting I don't use much ORANGE and yet I still love it. With fall just around the corner I am looking forward to seeing the ORANGE colors in the leaves and pumpkins.

My challenge is to you....

Use at least four words starting with the letters in the color ORANGE to create a card.

Below are just a few crafty words to help you create your card.

O - Orange, Oval, etc...
R - Ribbon, Raffia, etc...
A - Acetate, Acrylic Paint, etc...
N - Navy, Needlepoint, etc...
G - Gesso, Glaze, etc...
E - Emboss, Eyelet, etc...

Extra special secret bonus points if you actually use ORANGE.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-10-12-17-ff17shoegirl-beautiful.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17shoegirl_annsforte3_autumn_ranch_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_6941.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-falladays_10_plb_by_pattyb.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-gratitude-orange-hbs_by_hbrown.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_7692.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-felt_like_making_macarons_by_scrapaholic007.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17shoegirl_by_chrissyd723.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-zzoct12ff17shoegirl_by_va_sunshine.jpg  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew Alumni

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Challenge Title: A Thankful Heart
Hostess: Jeanne S
Keyword: FF17JeanneS
Date: 10.13.2017

My challenge coordinates with Card Drive #2 - Operation Quiet Comfort (see below for the wonderful things they do!)

My challenge to you is to make Patriotic Thank you's with a heart somewhere on your project.

Operation Quiet Comfort

Operation Quiet Comfort exists solely for the purpose of honoring and comforting America�s military men and women who become sick and injured while serving in harm�s way. We also provide support to those who care for them.

For this card drive, you are asked to send blank, patriotic thank you cards.

Restrictions - No glitter or sharp objects or metal of any kind, no envelopes, and nothing stamped or written on the inside.[FONT=Century Gothic]

Please package your cards carefully and mail them to:

This card destination has approved year round donations, and so they will remain in our Cards for a Cause forum as an ongoing recipient.

Please send cards to:

Diane Schneider
12 Wave Lane
Carolina Shores, NC 28467

View the Falliday Fest Master Challenge ThreadHERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_6811.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-falliday-jeanne-jeanne_streiff.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-10_13_17_ff17jeannes_thank_a_soldier_by_shoe_girl.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-camo-leaf-thanks-hbs_by_hbrown.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17jeanne_by_chrissyd723.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-falladays_plb_10_12_b_by_pattyb.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17jeannes_annsforte3_memories_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17jeannes_annsforte3_my_hero_hearts_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17jeannes_annsforte3_stars_and_plane_thank_you_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17jeannes_annsforte3_women_warriors_by_annsforte3.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_6811_by_dini.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_6904_by_lmcaree.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-zzoct13ff17jeannes_by_va_sunshine.jpg  
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Received 55 Likes on 53 Posts

Challenge Title: Block Party
Hostess: SimplyBeautiful aka Ceal
Keyword: FF17Simplybeautiful
Date: Friday Oct. 13, 2017

So excited to be hosting another Falliday challenge, this season is my favorite with all the colors of fall, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Which means parties and lots of them, which gave me the idea for my challenge of Block Party. My challenge is use an acrylic block to make a background on your project.
For my sample I used the Stampin Up H block which is a long skinny rectangle.

A special thank you shout out to my sample makers
Holly, Chrissy D, Lisa, Dina, and Ann

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_6942.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17simplybeautiful.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-blocked-razzle-snow-hbs_by_hbrown.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17simplybeautiful_by_chrissyd723.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-10_13_17_ff17simplybeautiful_beautiful_fall_by_shoe_girl.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17simplybeautiful_annsforte3_fall_bounties_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17simplybeautiful_annsforte3_neighberhood_fairy_block_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17simplybeautiful_annsforte3_penguin_shuffle_by_annsforte3.jpg  

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Challenge Title: Score One for Christmas
Hostess: Chrissyd723 aka Chrissy D
Keyword: FF17Chrissyd723A
Date: 10.14017

We have 71 days until Christmas, but who is keeping score? Our time is ticking away and before we know it Christmas will be here!

Your challenge is to create a project using your Bone Folder and Scor-pal or paper trimmer! Create a Christmas card with "scored" lines on the card. Ideas can be a grid, vertical or horizontal lines, etc.

Have fun!! I can't wait to see what you create!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

Check out the FABULOUS Sample Makers!!! Thank you, ladies and thank you all for playing along!

Ann's JoyFul Angel
Ann's Wishing You
Ann's Christmas Deer
Holly's Angel Hugs
Dina's Penguin Snowflake
Lisa's Quilted Tree
Chrissy's Sparkly Tree
Chrissy's Happy Snowman
Patty's Christmas Cheer

Thanks again for playing along!

Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_7675.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_6801.jpg  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 112 Likes on 99 Posts

Challenge Title: PUT ME IN, COACH!
Hostess: Scrapacat aka Ky
Keyword: FF17Scrapacat
Date: 10/14/2017

This is my favorite time of year. Alllll my favorite sports are in action! I especially love baseball in October - it makes my heart all pitter-patter-gooey-butter!

For my challenge - be inspired by sports! Your favorite team, a beautiful stadium, precise measurements, any action item, the food, the trip, the clothing -- whatever! In your description of your upload, share what sport inspired you (optional, but I'd love to know!)!

Thanks for playing along! I can't wait to see what you do!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_7687.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_6932.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-baseball.jpg  
I Blog at The BunnyNest
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator

Received 571 Likes on 458 Posts

Challenge Title: Textures of Fall
Hostess: Scraperwannabe aka Misti
Keyword: FF17scraperwannabe
Date: 10/15/2017

You see so many cool textures when it comes to dressing & decorating for fall. From burlap to cable knit sweaters, crispy fallen leaves, the roughness of pinecones, the bumpiness of pumpkins & gourds & fuzzy socks just to name a few. My challenge to you is to show some texture on your project.

View the Gallery for this challenge HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

A BIG thank you to my sample makers!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_6859.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_7659.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17scraperwannabemjo.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-falladays_plb_10_12_f_by_pattyb.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-wood-leaf-breathe-hbs_by_hbrown.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17scraperwannabe_annsforte3_it_s_thanksgiving_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17scraperwannabe_annsforte3_sunflowers_on_the_barn_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17scraperwannabe_annsforte3_tradtional_thanksgiving_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-10_15_17_ff17scraperwannabe_heggie_by_shoe_girl.jpg  
Cards for a Cause Challenge Hostess

Challenge Title: christmas around the world
Hostess: va.sunhsine
Keyword:ff17vasunshine (leave out the dot after va in the keyword)
Date: 10.15.2017

christmas around the world, let's do our part and spread peace all over the world! my challenge is to bring on those ways of traveling around the world, we travel at christmas whether to see family, getaways, or vacations! bring on any way of traveling...globes, maps, earth images, buses, trains, planes, trucks, horse and buggy, and even sleds and sleighs! this world needs loads of love, do your part to spread some today and everyday!

I can't wait to see what you create!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

thanks so much to my sample makers

dini, ann, wanda, lori, holly, and ME
Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_6940.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17vashushine_annsforte3_joy_over_the_world_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-fallidays_by_cullenwr.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-pink-sleigh-ride-hbs_by_hbrown.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_6905_by_lmcaree.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-zzzzzz.jpg  
designing for
verve stamps, sunday stamps, inspired by, and as you see it challenges
AMAZON shopping

Philippians 4:6-7

Looking for a place to send your stash of cards? Check out Cards For A Cause
Help US Help Others!
Glitter Guru

Challenge Title: ALL THE FEELS
Hostess: rgrohall aka Rebecca
Keyword: FF17rgrohall
Date: 10/16/2017

As a Floridian, I have a rather unusual (for our tropical area) hobby, I am addicted to wool and felting! Years ago on a visit to Michigan, I encountered needle felting for my very first time in Frankenmuth. I came home with a starter kit and it quickly snowballed. I took a few felting courses and bought nearly every book I could find on the subject. I purchased bags of wool, and when I travel - I love to come home with wool.

So we are going to twist this challenge up by adding FELT to your project. Your challenge is to create a project using wool felt, it can be an element you created (needle felted or wet felted), using store bought felt (perhaps a die cut element?) or felt ribbon. There are no limits!

Thanks for playing along! I can't wait to see what you do! I would love it for cards coordinate with Card Drive #3 Forgotten 4 Paws! For this card drive, you are asked to send thank you cards to send to those who have adopted animals, thinking of you, get well, and birthday cards to use for the volunteers, etc. They prefer cat and dog-related, but welcome any theme/design.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

A very heartFELT thank you to the sample makers for my challenge! Ann, Dina, Holly, Lisa, Teresa and Shannon!
Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-22184770_10214590605869189_960374707_n.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_6935.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17rgrohall_annsforte3_little_husky_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17rgrohall_annsforte3_you_are_the_best_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17rgrohall_annsforte3_oval_swirl_doggie_by_annsforte3.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-soft_paws_by_scrapaholic007.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_8077_by_rgrohall.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-felt-puppy-bday-hbs_by_hbrown.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-zzzzff17rgrohall_by_va_sunshine.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-10_16_17_ff17rgrohall_soft_pets_by_shoe_girl-1-.jpg  

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 360 Likes on 186 Posts

Challenge Title: I'll Drink to that
Hostess: CAKath
Keyword: FF17CAKath
Date: 10.16.2017

"I'll drink to that"! No matter the holiday there seems to be some drink associated with the celebration- Apple cider, Spiced Tea, Egg nog, Hot Chocolate, Coffee (Pumpkin Spice Latte) and of course, my personal favorite- WINE! I'd challenge all of you to create a card with some sort of drink that is associated with any of our Fall or Winter holidays. Raise a glass, make a card, and toast to our Falliday Fun! When you are finished posting, why not mail that card to someone? Share the love. I can't wait to see your designs.

Thanks to my talented sample makers for your amazing inspiration.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Falliday Fest Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Falliday Fest Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than October 31st, 2017 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
4. Please donate as many cards from this challenge as you can to our four Falliday Fest card drives. The donation thread is here.

Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_7695.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_3076.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_2991.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17cakath_annsforte3_peppermint_hot_chocolate_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_6911_by_lmcaree.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-sweet-cocoa-cmas-hbs_by_hbrown.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17jacqueline_by_chrissyd723.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17cakath_annsforte3_celebration_wine_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17cakath_annsforte3_my_drink_is_water_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_2991_by_cakath.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_3082_by_cakath.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-10_16_17_ff17cakath_coctails_by_shoe_girl.jpg  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts

Challenge Title: Fall Splendor
Hostess: hbrown aka Holly
Keyword: FF17hbrown
Date: 10.17.2017

It has FINALLY started to cool off here in Texas (meaning it is below 90 degrees LOL), and I am so ready for some cool, crisp, fall weather. We don't get much of the glorious fall foliage color explosion here, though, so I want to see all the fall colors in your cards.

My challenge for you is to show me the colors of fall WITHOUT using any white nor vanilla cardstock. You can do it!! Use browns, yellows, greens, reds, oranges, purples, pinks, metallics, whatever colors you can think of on your fall and autumn inspired cards. If you absolutely HAVE to have a neutral color, try kraft cardstock or even a soft gray cardstock.

I'm looking forward to seeing the gallery explode with Fall Splendor!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-fall-splendor-hbs.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17hbrown_annsforte3_autumn_friendships_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17hbrown_annsforte3_harvest_pumpkins_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17hbrown_annsforte3_leftovers_of_summer_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_6908_by_lmcaree.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-jhc_fallholly_by_naturecoastcrafter.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_3097_by_cakath.jpg  

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Rubber Room Resident

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Challenge Title: Home For The Holidays
Hostess: Sleepy In Seattle
Keyword: FF17sleepyinseattle
Date: October 17, 2017

My favorite part of the holiday season is the decorating. Starting In October for Halloween, then Thanksgiving, and finally saving the best for last- Christmas.
My challenge to you is to decorate a house, window, or door for the holidays. Any one of the fall/winter holidays will do just fine. I can't wait to see your holiday home decor!
Wishing all of you a beautiful season.
Joanne

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE: HERE
View the Falliday Fest Main Gallery: HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
4. Please donate as many cards as you can to our four Falliday Fest card drives. You can find all the details in the Falliday Fest Challenge Forum!

A heartfelt thank you to all of the wonderful women who made the beautiful samples shown below!

Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_7677.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17sleepyinseattle_annsforte3_cat_in_the_window_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17sleepyinseattle_annsforte3_glow_in_the_window_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17sleepyinseattle_annsforte3_santa_s_in_the_house_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17sleepyinseattle_by_sleepyinseattle.jpeg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-home_at_christmaspsd_by_scrapaholic007.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-holiday-window-hbs_by_hbrown.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17sleepyinseattle_by_bejoyce.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-zzzff17sleepyinseattle_by_va_sunshine.jpg  

Joanne

www.sleepyinseattle.net
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Default Falliday Coat of Many Colors

Challenge Title: Coat of Many Colors
Hostess: KelliJo
Keyword: FF17KelliJo

Hello friends!!!! I am SO excited to be a hostess for this years FALLIDAY FEST!!!!!!

I have recently been trying more ideas, you know, ignoring "rules" for products and just making stuffs.

That is where this challenge comes in to play! I LOVE the song from Dolly Parton Coat of Many Colors and it fits perfectly with my challenge. Read the lyrics below and let your imagination go!!!!! Celebrate in color!

And oh I did not understand it, for I felt I was rich.
And I told them of the love my momma sewed in every stitch
And I told 'em all the story momma told me while she sewed
And how my coat of many colors was worth more than all their clothes

For my card I used a piece of Canson watercolor paper, some Nuance powders by Magenta, Stampin Up stencils, Stampin Up stencil paste, some Nuvo acrylic metal paint for splatters and some of the FABULOUS Holiday catalog washi tape and Copper foil paper from Stampin Up. The die is from Concord and 9th!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_6939.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_7776.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_1017.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_1019.jpg  

Challenge Title:CLOUDY DAY

Hostess: Chrissyd723

Keyword: FF17Chrissyd723B
Date: Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Welcome to Falliday Fest 2017!!

With winter around the corner, that means we will have different sorts of WET weather! Rain, Sleet, Hail, Snow and that can create a blurry mess!

Your challenge today is to stamp an image using water based ink -on watercolor card stock and then mist it with water and the colors run together to create a water-colored image or use the watercolor technique somewhere on your project.

VIEW THEGALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE!View the Falliday Fest Gallery HERE
View theFalliday Fest Master Challenge Thread HERE!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
[/SIZE]4. Please donate as many cards from this challenge as you can to our four Falliday Fest card drives. You can find all the details in the Falliday Fest Challenge Forum!

Default ALL CAPS CHALLENGE

Challenge Title: ALL CAPS
Hostess: Edna15
Keyword: FF17Edna15
Date: Thursday 19October 2017

This challenge supports Card Drive #4.

The Community Violence Intervention Center is a nonprofit organization on Grand Forks, ND that assists victims of violence and promotes safety, peace, and respect for all individuals. They offer a shelter for victims who are fleeing domestic and sexual violence, safe exchange programs for children from violent homes, and free counselling services, among other services.

CVIC has a need for all types of appreciation cards, with an especially high need for masculine cards, including Thank You, Congrats, You're Awesome etc.

Envelopes will also be well received.

Restrictions: None

With this in mind I give you theALL CAPS Challenge

Make bold statements of encouragement or super-size your sentiment for a card to support the Community Violence Intervention Center by including ALL CAPS either in your card background or sentiment, dig out those CAPITAL LETTERS be them stickers, stencils, stamps, chipboard or die cuts and set them to work for a card to support this wonderful charity.

Please package your cards carefully and mail them to:

Please send cards to:
Becca Crugar1020 Cottonwood Street
Grand Forks, ND 58201

If you live in the Southern Hemisphere you are welcome to forward your cards to me and I will send one package off to this great organisation. Please send me a message so that I know to wait for your card before forwarding my package.

Edna Morrisedie
PO Box 673
ANNERLEY, Queensland
Australia 4103

View the Falliday Fest Gallery
HERE
View the Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread
HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Falliday Fest Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the
Falliday Fest Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than October 31st, 2017 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
4. Please donate as many cards from this challenge as you can to our four Falliday Fest card drives.

Thank you for participating in the card drive and thanks to my wonderful set of sample makers, variety at every corner, well done ladies!
Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_7684.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_6948.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17edna15.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17edna15_annsforte3_empower_sail_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17edna15_annsforte3_stong_in_the_wind_by_annsforte3.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17edna15_annsforte3_strong_worthy_beautiful_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-simon16_by_va_sunshine.jpg  

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Challenge Title: All Treats, No Tricks

Hostess: Kathy (scs Kathleen Curry)

Keyword: FF17KathleenCurry

Date: Thursday October 19th

Halloween is a favorite holiday of mine! I always wanted the treats and hoped no one would play a trick on me! For my challenge I want to see lots of holiday treats. What's your most loved holiday treat? I love candy corn for Halloween, pies for Thanksgiving, and for Christmas cocoa, eggnog, and cookies. So many great holiday foods, sweet and savory! Show us your favorite!

View the Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
4. Please donate as many cards from this challenge as you can to our four Falliday Fest card drives.
Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_7699.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-falladays_plb_10_12_a_by_pattyb.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-candy-cheer-hbs_by_hbrown.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-jhc_treats_by_naturecoastcrafter.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17kathleencurry_annsforte3_save_them_for_cookies_by_annsforte3.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17kathleencurry_annsforte3_foods_trigger_memories_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17kathleencurry_annsforte3_autumn_greetings_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-cookies.jpg  

Challenge Title: The Nightmare Before Christmas
Hostess: pattyb
Keyword: FF17pattyb
Date: 10.20.2017

Follow the misadventures of Jack Skellington, Halloweentown's beloved pumpkin king, who has become bored with the same annual routine of frightening people in the "real world." When Jack accidentally stumbles on Christmastown, all bright colors and warm spirits, he gets a new lease on life -- he plots to bring Christmas under his control by kidnapping Santa Claus and taking over the role. But Jack soon discovers even the best-laid plans of mice and skeleton men can go seriously awry.

Part inspiration, part color challenge! Use these colors > black, white, gray, and soft peach/pink AND be inspired by this movie poster >

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_6799.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-peachy-greetings-hbs_by_hbrown.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-falladays-10.17.17plb9.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17pattyb_annsforte3_smoky_christmas_eve_by_annsforte3.jpg  

Love SU!? Join the Crew!
The CreativeCrew <The Gallery
CreativeCrew Play Along <The Challenges
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Received 4,953 Likes on 3,843 Posts

Challenge Title: From Trash to Treasure
Hostess: Forest Ranger aka Jeanette
Keyword: FF17ForestRanger
Date: 10.20.2017

I hope you've been enjoying Falliday Fest! It's really a great way to celebrate the fall season - getting creative, chatting with fellow crafters, and perusing the amazing talent here on SCS.

For my challenge I've chosen the theme From Trash to Treasure. That does not mean you'll be required to go dumpster diving, but it does mean you need to find some item to "recycle" on your creation. It can be anything - a bread tab, a piece of corrugated cardboard from a box, an item from nature, a piece of the bag the onions came in, etc. The most important part of all is to have fun!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

Many - MANY - thanks to my sample makers!
Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_6937.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17forestranger_annsforte3_carolers_are_music_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-faux-silk-peace-hbs_by_hbrown.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17forestranger_annsforte3_blue_cone_flower_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17forestranger_annsforte3_hello_tomato_by_annsforte3.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-falliday_trash_to_treasure_1b_by_forest_ranger.png   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-falliday_trash_to_treasure_2c_by_forest_ranger.png   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-falladays_10_17_17plb10_by_pattyb.jpg  
DTs: Blue Knight Rubber Stamps and Technique Junkies
My blog: Cre8tive Play
Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,122 Likes on 505 Posts

Challenge Title: To the Wallflowers
Hostess: dini (Dina K)
Keyword: FF17diniB
Date: Saturday, October 21

I can't believe this is the last day of challenges for our 2nd annual Falliday Fest! We hope you've had fun, and had a chance to give a few cards and stash a few too! Remember you have until the 31st to finish up and push for Yeti status... and then... prizes!

An inevitable part of the holiday season is a list of holiday parties. I'll be honest - I'm happy to be on the planning end of a party - I love cooking and baking, and I love lists and decorations and details... but when the party time comes, you'll find me in a corner, or in the kitchen, or talking to the dog, or not at all. If you're like me, we might find each other and either have a deep conversation or analyze what's going on around us, but we're certainly not going to be the life of the party - in fact, my ability to communicate drops significantly after 8:00.

So in honor of introverts and wallflowers, my challenge to you is to stamp the focal image of your card off a corner or side of the panel. Make sure it's hanging off the edge somewhere! For a bonus element, include a flower on your card (it can be a stamp or embellishment).

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_6946.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_6947.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_7731.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_7728.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-squared-peace-hbs_by_hbrown.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-falladays_12_plb-1_by_pattyb.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-jhc_wallflower_by_naturecoastcrafter.jpg  
Vincent Van Gogh

Splitcoast Team Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Challenge Title: The Holy Grail of Ch
Hostess: Stamp_Momma aka Lori
Keyword: FF17StampMommaB
Date: 10.21.2017

The holidays are full of hustle and bustle, and if we are honest, sometimes a little stress. Humor is the best stress buster, and one of my family holiday tradition is to watch the hilarious classic, A Christmas Story.

My final challenge is to create a holiday card with elements from this Christmas classic, A Christmas Story, for example: the color red, a Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle, the leg lamp, etc. YOUR CHOICE, just tell us how your elements relate to A Christmas Story!

Have fun - and be careful and don't shoot your eye out!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-falladays_10_17_17plb11_by_pattyb.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17stampmommab_annsforte3_claus_is_my_red_rider_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17stampmommab_annsforte3_oh_let_it_snow_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17stampmommab_annsforte3_snowflake_peace_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-taupe-peace-hbs_by_hbrown.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-zzzff17stampmommab_by_va_sunshine.jpg  

cool tool reviews from your Splitcoaststampers Product Focus Team
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,552 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Challenge Title: We Wish You a Snarky Christmas
Hostess: UnderstandBlue aka Lydia
Keyword: FF17UnderstandBlueB
Date: 10.21.2017

Humorlessness kills more people every year than all other diseases on earth.

Well, maybe that's a stretch. But it is most definitely an epidemic and we are going to fight it together!

Your final challenge is to create a holiday card with snark and/or humor and fill our holiday season with giggles and snorts!

Have fun - and CHEERS!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_7646.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_7653.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-chill-snowmen-hbs_by_hbrown.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17sample_by_sleepyinseattle.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17understandblueb_annsforte3_you_re_on_the_naughty_list_by_annsforte3.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-jhc_funnyblue2_by_naturecoastcrafter.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-jhcjokeblue_by_naturecoastcrafter.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-santas_coming_by_scrapaholic007.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-zzff17dinaa_by_va_sunshine.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17understandblueb_annsforte3_rudolph_with_a_cold_by_annsforte3.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff17understandblueb_annsforte3_blue_light_specialjpg_by_annsforte3.jpg