Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-10-2017, 05:19 PM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heavy pattern paper

Is there such a thing as heavy pattern paper? I saw a picture online of what appeared to be a pattern on one side and solid on the other. It was folded and a card was made out of it. I guess I've only seen thinner pattern paper.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2017, 06:24 PM   #2  
Forum Fanatic

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by daisyvedaView Post
Is there such a thing as heavy pattern paper? I saw a picture online of what appeared to be a pattern on one side and solid on the other. It was folded and a card was made out of it. I guess I've only seen thinner pattern paper.
I, too, struggled to find this heavier paper. It�s called double-sided and there are lots of companies that specialize in this paper. I�m a dweeb when it comes to patterned paper, not being a scrapbooker, but I buy cool double sided paper when I see it in the stores.

Hopefully someone with passionate knowledge of these papers will pop in and tell you what you need to know, in the meantime I will go look at brands of some of my favorite papers, just give you some names to research.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2017, 07:44 PM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes, some companies use light-weight cardstock to print their patterns on whereas other companies use printer paper.

Carta Bella is one of the companies that's had thicker cardstock in their 12x12 patterned paper kits. I'm sure there's others too, but I tend to go for the 6x6 packs - so maybe someone else can chime in with a suggestion.

Scrapbook.com is a great place to get paper. You can buy a single sheet of a collection you like and see if the thickness suits you.

Hope that helps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2017, 02:26 AM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

DCWV used to make quite substantial 12 inch patterned and foiled cardstock. I have some of their old stuff but it is single sided. Their website seems to show some fortune-cookie shaped things made out of a double-sided product but their product descriptions are practically non-existent. So no way of telling what their latest “stacks” are like, whether paper ir cardstock.
Doodlebug designs has some double sided patterned cardstock - maybe this was the sort of thing you saw? Doodlebug Design

I think that online sellers should describe their products completely, but many don’t. I was looking at ring binders online today and the online retailer did not say how many rings they had! ( 2 bad, 3 good, 4 better ).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2017, 06:04 AM   #5  
Forum Fanatic

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by CreativeCardseaView Post
Yes, some companies use light-weight cardstock to print their patterns on whereas other companies use printer paper.

Carta Bella is one of the companies that's had thicker cardstock in their 12x12 patterned paper kits. I'm sure there's others too, but I tend to go for the 6x6 packs - so maybe someone else can chime in with a suggestion.

Scrapbook.com is a great place to get paper. You can buy a single sheet of a collection you like and see if the thickness suits you.

Hope that helps!
Thanks for hopping in on this discussion! I�m so glad you mentioned Scrapbook.com. They have an amazing selection of cardstock, and I have bought single sheets from them in patterns that catch my eye.

I highly recommend the brand Simple Stories for their double sided paper. It is nice quality, just right thickness, and Scrapbook.com sells them in packs or single sheets. Right now single sheets of Simple Stories 12x12 is in sale for 89cents at Scrapbook.com.

A neat cart feature at Scrapbook.com is that you can pop all the items that you have your eye on into your shopping cart and then save them for later. Those items will be there whenever you go back to the site and you can watch for your items to go on sale, if they aren�t already. :cool:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2017, 11:12 AM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 659 Likes on 415 Posts

I have quite a few sheets of 12" My Minds Eye that is thicker and double sided. ( sometimes the papers in pads are thin and single sided) Crate Paper also makes "thicker" papers.

thinking but, those are the two of the brands I know I own.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2017, 01:46 PM   #7  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I have some heavy weight DSP from www.pinkfreshstudio.com in the Life Noted Collection called Diamond Pops that might have been in a Studio Calico kit. https://livehappypapercrafts.com/?s=...dio+life+noted

Another heavy weight is by AshleyG for Studio Calico called Dot Party. I have another company's but can't put my hands on it right now. I listed the specific names because I don't know if all of their DSP is heavy weight.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2017, 04:13 PM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 973 Likes on 472 Posts

OOH, good info! I've been using up my patterned paper making envelopes and was wondering what I am going to do if/when I ever run low. I know envelopes don't *have* to be on thick paper, but I love how sturdy they are this way. Makes me hopeful the card will arrive in great shape if it's better protected.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2017, 05:10 PM   #9  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 659 Likes on 415 Posts

I have been digging through my papers for the Fallidays challenges and came across some Authentique that when its sold as 12" it has a thin card feel more than a paper feel to it.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2017, 01:34 AM   #10  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I have some Bazzill Buffalo Check Plaid and another pattern too but I can't remember the name of the second pattern. But it is plaid on one side and a color on the other side and it is the regular thick Bazzill. It is also a smooth texture.

FYI the plaid only comes in about a dozen colors but is cute for cardmaking.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2017, 03:12 AM   #11  
Kookie Creator

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

2ring is standard here in the UK!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2017, 06:55 AM   #12  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

DCWV, Recollections- which is Michael's brand, K & Company, Paper Studio- which is Hobby Lobby's brand, & can't find it right now to check, but I think Tim Holtz's paper can be put in this category also! Sometimes it is a hit & miss thing. I'm ALWAYS looking for beautiful patterned paper, even though I don't use it as much as others. It's that thing of not wanting to run out, or not have what I think I need.... LOL I RARELY buy paper on-line, because you can't see what you're getting.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2017, 09:55 AM   #13  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No one has mentioned Graphic 45 or Authentique. Thick designer cardstock is not always double sided. DCWV still makes heavy patterned paper and Michaels Hot Buy pads are nice too. Sometimes 12x12 patterns are too large for cards, but many companies make 8x8 and 6x6 pads are are sized for cards.

Last edited by vestamc; 10-18-2017 at 09:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2017, 11:49 AM   #14  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can find lots of double sided paper on Amazon. Just put double sided 12x12 Scrapbook paper in the search box. You can do this also on Google or whatever search engine you use! Stampin Up has nice double sided CS too. Echo Park is another brand that is good. If you are very lucky you have a local Scrapbook store and they will have lots of double sided paper!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2017, 04:52 PM   #15  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

American Crafts and associated brands - Crate paper is one, tend to make thicker patterned paper. I also have some Fancy Pants that's nice and thick even in the 6x6 size. Usually it's only the 12x12 paper that's thicker.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2017, 11:16 PM   #16  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,055 Likes on 813 Posts

I don't see K&Co mentioned, their pads of 12x12 are usually a lovely heavy weight.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2017, 06:38 AM   #17  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cook22View Post
I don't see K&Co mentioned, their pads of 12x12 are usually a lovely heavy weight.
I bought a couple of K&Co "best of" 12x12 packs and the paper was extremely thin. It was nice and thick in regular pads, though.

Just thought I'd mention that in case anyone else saw the cheap "best of" pad and thought it was an amazing deal. It was a bit disappointing. :(
Reply With Quote Likes