View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 12:45 PM   #20
wavejumper
Proud Fan Club Member

I have not read all of this yet-I will come back to it. Looks like a great in depth chat! So if someone has said this, forgive the repeat.

Having a cousin who had stuff made in China for his business.....bribery is alive and well there still. So good luck getting them to enforce copyrights.

Food for thought:
It is a sad comment when you can have something made on the other side of the planet and shipped here, and it is WAY cheaper than to just make it here. That kind of shipping isn't cheap either. Tells you a lot about how little they are paying over there as mentioned above.

It's long been a running debate for decades...used to be stuff made in Japan remember?

What seems like "no money" to us may be real money in other economies around the world.

Or the only money to be had-which some argue is exploitation and others say better than nothing. When looking starvation in the eye....some of these areas are in the flood zones right now or have been in the past, etc.

I don't begin to have an opinion on this. It's complicated. Right now, I don't buy that stuff but I don't hold it against anyone who does.

A very good point was made about high Western prices not reflecting the cheap mfg costs of the East....which is true in many fields like fashion, etc.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!