View Single Post
Old 09-10-2017, 11:11 AM   #10
Catherine773
Kookie Creator

Your line about how long it will take you to use a stamp made me giggle, I have so many years of stamps I've never used. I swear though, I have big plans. For all of them! I know when clear stamps first came out, or at least when I first started buying them, those sets did not hold up over time. I suspect the knock offs are probably similar. I had all these MSE clear sets and Brenda Walton sets - that just ripped and tore when I went to use them after time passed. Parts of alphabet letters and halves of images would rip in two when I went to peel them off the sheets. There's this one sun from an MSE set that I just loved and would use - and it ripped in two and broke my heart. I can't find it anywhere online! And some of those original Fiskers sets, took such strength to peel off after some time passed. I just ended up tossing a bunch of them. I still remember the day I was at this super cute all stamp store (remember those?!?!?) called Stamp on In - and we used clear stamps for one card. And the whole concept of a non wood mount rubber stamp - I couldn't wrap my brain around it! I figured it was just a passing trend, lol. Thankfully clear stamps have come a long way! I love that they don't yellow anymore and are such an affordable alternative to wood mount. I love my wood mounts too - some I will never part with - but I do love my clear stamps! Which is why I would also continue to buy the better quality ones. Something just hit me though - I have another thread on SCS about all this pressure i feel to buy matching dies for sets and how I'm not going to do it anymore. And I just ordered dies! At least they don't match stamp sets... does that count? LOL. Thanks for all the info about laws and stuff. I was shocked seeing all of this on that site!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!