Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-21-2017, 11:54 AM   #1  
Stampin' Fool

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Duplicate?! Really? Oh brother!!

I have read about people buying a stamp set and many other things twice because they'd forgotten they already had it, and I had yet to do that..til now! I bought the Peerless Papers in the pinks thinking I didn't have them.Yeah, well I just added a new page to my Peerless "album", cut the colors, added them to the page and then thought "Hmm...those look really similar to colors I already have" but since I have two Peerless "albums" I didn't think much of it, til I was putting away the new set of papers. And there in my watercolor mediums drawer sits a set of the Peerless Pinks! Sheesh!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2017, 03:56 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Never say never! Happens to all of us in one way or another.

I'm not so bad about stamping stuff, but I've bought the same paperback novel twice quite a few times. Then I get home and look at it and think - no wonder I thought it would be good, I liked it the first time!

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2017, 04:56 PM   #3  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have only once bought a duplicate set, but in my defense, I was shopping while recovering from pneumonia and I was so. tired. it's a miracle it was only one duplicate.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2017, 04:08 AM   #4  
Glitter Guru

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Better paints than a stamp set. A stamp set you have to return, give away, hide, or stare at with dismay forever. The paints will eventually get used. I have a small set of watercolor pencils, and my brother bought me the full set of them as a gift and I just consider I have extras of those colors.

I have bought a stamp set twice. It's happened a few times, and it's never because I forgot I already had it. It's always because I have two or three shopping carts going at once with some of the same items in each because I couldn't get everything I wanted in one place and I'm not careful when I delete the duplicates before I hit checkout at each.

Or, the stupid clinking on "put in cart" twice and then not noticing there were two before hitting "place order." ;)!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2017, 09:40 AM   #5  
Stampin' Fool

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by RachelroseView Post
Better paints than a stamp set. A stamp set you have to return, give away, hide, or stare at with dismay forever. The paints will eventually get used. I have a small set of watercolor pencils, and my brother bought me the full set of them as a gift and I just consider I have extras of those colors.

I have bought a stamp set twice. It's happened a few times, and it's never because I forgot I already had it. It's always because I have two or three shopping carts going at once with some of the same items in each because I couldn't get everything I wanted in one place and I'm not careful when I delete the duplicates before I hit checkout at each.

Or, the stupid clinking on "put in cart" twice and then not noticing there were two before hitting "place order." ;)!
Hahaha, I have not shopped simultaneously at diff online stores but I have certainly put two of the same thing in my cart...normally I know how much I'm spending so when the amount doesn't reflect what I think it should be, I'll check my cart for duplicates.
I think maybe duplicate stamp sets can be a good thing...as easy as it is to lose a stamp...and actually there have been times I wish I did have two of some of the stamps!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2017, 04:43 AM   #6  
Mad Swapper

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I came home from a convention once and while I didn't technically buy a dup, it might as well have been. I was now the owner of 2 images from 2 different companies that are extremely similar. One is larger than the other though so I now consider myself as owning a full size and a mini. At least that is what I started telling myself after I got over being mad at myself and feeling stupid.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2017, 07:03 AM   #7  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

:rolleyes:Right now I am trying to get hold of Simon Says, as I realized that for some reason I have 4 yes 4 of the same stamp on my order.....how the heck did that happen! I am really hoping they will respond before they ship the order says Processing, but they have already taken the payment off my credit card:-(

watch this space I may have 3 Blue footed Boobie stamps up for offers lol!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2017, 02:30 AM   #8  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default On purpose, yes

I had the wood mounted wood grain stamp from SU and then was asked to make wedding invites using it... Bought the cling mount one to use in Misti. So sometimes duplicates are needed. And if I love a paper pack, I buy 2 from the start, and more if it goes on sale.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2017, 06:54 AM   #9  
Glitter Queen

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Oh yeah!

i can't count the number of dup stamps/dies/stencils I have bought in the past decade... some on separate occasions, some when I clicked twice instead of once online, and some when I was filling my basket at different online stores.

I find dups make good swap gifts when we are doing those in our craft group. Also, I have two friends who get first dibs on my dup piles!

I have to say that when I shop at Funkie Junkie Boutique, they NOTICE if I have duplicate orders (often because I forgot what I pre-ordered and ordered again later!)* and email me to see if I meant to do that! Love that store as usually I did NOT! They back the order off and refund to my PayPal...

*Now I keep copies of all orders in my email inbox so I can at least avoid the accidental reorder...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2017, 07:02 AM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by jukieView Post
:rolleyes:Right now I am trying to get hold of Simon Says, as I realized that for some reason I have 4 yes 4 of the same stamp on my order.....how the heck did that happen! I am really hoping they will respond before they ship the order says Processing, but they have already taken the payment off my credit card:-(

watch this space I may have 3 Blue footed Boobie stamps up for offers lol!
I was ordering some nice sheer ribbon online. I thought I had ordered 1 roll. Because I had ordered other things I wasn't checking the total too well. I ended up with 11 rolls of the ribbon! Now I always try to check my orders carefully. I shared the ribbon with my card Club!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2017, 07:23 AM   #11  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

If I told you how OCD I am about this...I have lists of everything I have now b/c of duping...including sentiments down to the word "Hi" (it is noted if it is part of a set) you would laugh at me-and rightfully.

And it still happens. I almost just did it now with the 50% MFT sale going on. I KNEW I had a stamp set. I looked and looked and looked...in the index, in the binders.....I could not find it. It is a set with multiple types of sentiments (friends, love, senior humor, etc) and I finally found it in one of them. That was close b/c the sale is so on fire half my cart poofed before I finished shopping so I was racing...which is never a good way to shop.

This is exactly how this can happen to me. If it was not frustrating it might be interesting why I don't consistently ID the set the same way.

Having said that, yes pals and I give each other dupes and purge stuff (we ask first) Thank goodness we have similar taste.

I did the accidental 2 instead of 1 in the order too. Now I check that carefully. I love when a stamp company checks that with you. Has helped me. That was more a function of late night ordering which I have stopped for the most part. That is bad in many ways! Yeah it's quiet in the house-it is also quiet in my brain b/c half of it is sleeping! :lol::rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2017, 09:28 AM   #12  
Matboard Maniac

Received 28 Likes on 10 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavejumperView Post
... I almost just did it now with the 50% MFT sale going on. I KNEW I had a stamp set. I looked and looked and looked...in the index, in the binders.....I could not find it....
I JUST did this - bought the duplicate of a stamp set at the MFT sale, and one I had already bought not so very long ago! Luckily, I have a stampin' buddy nearby and she was happy to take it off my hands. Not the first time, nor will it be the last, that I do this, I'm sure. :rolleyes:

Save
Save
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2017, 05:19 PM   #13  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I just did it at CKC Lancaster and bought two of the same birthday boy paper packs. I guess it's okay....I have all boys anyway.

But usually where this happens most often to me is the pantry....I have so many duplicate, thinking that I am running out I just grab another which is why I have three bottles of canola oil and four boxes of sandwich baggies in the pantry right now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2017, 08:51 AM   #14  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

I buy (put in whatever you want here) and I must like it because I buy it again. Now, I am really trying to think through and I do envy those who have them all on some type of organizer.........My organizer is, not working and I am not ambitious enough to do it. Having just moved, it will be interesting as I unpack to find the doubles...........and maybe give them to a deserving stamper who doesn't do silly things like me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2017, 09:43 AM   #15  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

The great news is Simon Says were able to cancel my 3 extra Blue Booby stamps!

My SIL benefits from my oh I like this.....oh because I already have it! I console myself that my duplication proves I really like something:rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2017, 09:46 AM   #16  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 219 Likes on 158 Posts

Yes! Ribbon!! For some reason, when I'm out & about shopping, I just can't remember that I have practically every color of ribbon known to mankind in my stash, and will see something that is just "oh so CUTE!!" in Michael's or Walmart, buy it, get home, go to put it away, and there are already THREE of this same color/pattern in my ribbon storage!! :-) Fortunately, ribbon is easy for me to use up, or just give away or donate.

My sister (who is an avid scrapbooker) has the same problem, but with Cricut cartridges, and tools! Yes, tools! Go figure. :-) Fortunately for me, she shares....that's how I acquired my Cuttlebug (yes, she was at a crop where someone had one for sale & she bought it, forgetting that she had just ordered one before she left for the crop! LOL!) and several Cricut cartridges. Lucky me! :-)
"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, ..." ~~1 Thess. 4:11 (NIV)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2017, 04:43 PM   #17  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 122 Likes on 67 Posts

I just realized last night that I have two of SU's Swirly Scribbles Thinlets Dies. I absolutely do not recall buying the first set! Argh! Now to figure out what to do with the second set.

New kitty helping me type here . . .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2017, 05:41 PM   #18  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paper JunkyView Post
I just realized last night that I have two of SU's Swirly Scribbles Thinlets Dies. I absolutely do not recall buying the first set! Argh! Now to figure out what to do with the second set.

New kitty helping me type here . . .
Brenda, too bad we don't live closer, I would be happy to take it off your hands :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2017, 07:38 PM   #19  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was at CKC Lancaster too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2017, 07:14 PM   #20  
Kookie Creator

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Lightbulb Duplicates

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampin stacyView Post
I came home from a convention once and while I didn't technically buy a dup, it might as well have been. I was now the owner of 2 images from 2 different companies that are extremely similar. One is larger than the other though so I now consider myself as owning a full size and a mini. At least that is what I started telling myself after I got over being mad at myself and feeling stupid.
You can use the large image for the card and the smaller one for your envelope. We always say "no naked envelopes" in my stamping club...
Reply With Quote Likes