Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-11-2017, 07:31 AM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 89 Likes on 59 Posts
Default Pinterest Ugh!

I am so tired of finding things on my boards that I did not pin! I find pics of cards that I would never in my wildest dreams pin. It's not things that I no longer like or my tastes have changed. They are simply things that have not and would never occur me to pin.
The sad part is I wonder how many things have I pinned that never got to my board.
Yesterday I went through my Christmas card board and most have spent an hour deleting Pics. This has happened on occasion on other boards. I don't have a huge number of boards thank goodness.

Every once in a while I have to go through and clean house. Has anyone else noticed this? I would not have thought to check my other boards in the past unltil I noticed this happening. I have to say this is something happening more lately. anyone else.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2017, 07:38 AM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Now I have to go check my boards. I hadn't noticed stuff on them I hadn't pinned, but now I need to look more closely.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2017, 08:02 AM   #3  
Gallery Gazer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I didn't see anything like that on my own boards, I am tired of my home feed populated with ads of things I would never ever be interested in though. It would be great if we had some say in changes Pinterest is always making.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2017, 08:02 AM   #4  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,551 Likes on 667 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Are your boards shared?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2017, 08:17 AM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You mean you actually go back and look at your boards? lol - just kidding....sometimes I spend so much time looking and pinning - I don't go back and actually try and use what I saved...its a sickness...lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2017, 10:30 AM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

Lydia, forgive my ignorance but what is a shared board? As far as I know I follow few but have people following me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2017, 10:33 AM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Pinterest Ugh

Quote:

Originally Posted by cainpView Post
You mean you actually go back and look at your boards? lol - just kidding....sometimes I spend so much time looking and pinning - I don't go back and actually try and use what I saved...its a sickness...lol
It's not all boards only on a few thank goodness.Yesterday I was checking no my Christmas card board for a fall class.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2017, 01:41 PM   #8  
Stampin' Fool

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

I am on Pinterest a lot and lately I've been sorting through my pins and creating more specific boards and deleting duplicate pins. I haven't noticed this problem at all. I am also wondering if the OP's problem is due to shared boards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2017, 01:50 PM   #9  
BA
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can make your Pinterest boards "Private" or "Public". If you don't do anything but create a board than it is automatically "Public".Go to your settings and change each board to "Private". It is now only for you to see - No one can see your board and no one can add anything to your board.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2017, 04:43 PM   #10  
Kookie Creator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardmaker2View Post
I didn't see anything like that on my own boards, I am tired of my home feed populated with ads of things I would never ever be interested in though. It would be great if we had some say in changes Pinterest is always making.

Me too. I'm getting more ads than things I can pin. I wrote to them and they only said I could delete those. BUT, in order to do that you have to go through a series of not wanting to see them and why (about 5 or 6 clicks). I told them I was spending more time doing that than pinning what I wanted. I told them I was ready to give Pinterest up but it didn't seem to do any good. SO frustrating!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2017, 06:35 AM   #11  
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks I will check. However, this has only started within this past year and I have had these boards from the beginning, so I thought it strange that suddenly I am getting this. Very curious.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2017, 06:47 AM   #12  
Stampin' Fool

I used to have a few boards open so a friend could add pins to those specific boards if she saw something she thought I'd like. The boards were all "public" for viewing, but I had to give specific permission with her Pinterest ID to allow her to add pins.
We had a major falling out so I had to go reset the permissions on those boards so she no longer could add pins.
This was a few years ago. As far as I know all your boards are open for VIEWING, unless you set them up as "secret" but you are the only one who can add pins unless you specify other people have that kind of access. I suppose the rules may have changed, I guess I should go look!

Editing to add.
Just went to look. When you click into each board, above the top row of pins you should see your icon photo on the right. There will also be a plus sign in a gray circle. As long as yours is the only picture you see, you should be the only one able to add pins to that board.
If you click on that plus sign, you get the option to "add collaborators". I believe this will be anyone that you follow out there. If you click on a specific person, that person could then add pins to that specific board only.
I have not found any random pins on my boards. I do find duplicate pins sometimes, but not often since they added that reminder message that you have already pinned something.
Hope this helps!

Last edited by cobby; 07-12-2017 at 06:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2017, 04:25 AM   #13  
Crimping Master

I feel y'alls pain! And trying to actually contact Pintetest is harder than breaking into Fort Knox.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2017, 07:07 AM   #14  
Pearl-ExPert

My boards are not shared. I took a quick look at my other boards and they appear to be what they should be. No one knows my passwords or anything about my Pinterest acct even my hubby, who wonders why I spend time on there lol.

Hopefully now that I did all that cleaning out of my Christmas card board things will stay that way. I still wonder if these are things that were pinned instead of the actual ones I really did pin. Who knows what the cyberspace gremlins do while we sleep.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2017, 01:11 PM   #15  
Compulsive Stamper

I'm noticing more and more ads for things I have absolutely no interest in following or pursuing. Also, why am I getting Notifications? I never signed up for anything like that, I don't share my boards, everything is private, and it sure is puzzling!

I'll have to look at Google and see if there is an easy way to delete some pins I posted in the wrong board (after I transfer them to the board I want). Time sure flies when I'm on Pinterest!

BA, your Profile Picture is of two darling Bichons! I love those little flufferbutters--I have two such sweet darling souls myself, and they so enrich my life!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2017, 01:58 PM   #16  
BA
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jess in CaliView Post

BA, your Profile Picture is of two darling Bichons! I love those little flufferbutters--I have two such sweet darling souls myself, and they so enrich my life!
Thanks Jess! Yes, those are my crazy Bichons! Lacey is 16 this month and Bentley is 12.5. They are the best dogs we have ever head. Love the breed and their personalities!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2017, 05:31 PM   #17  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 839 Likes on 277 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by canada gooseView Post
My boards are not shared. I took a quick look at my other boards and they appear to be what they should be. No one knows my passwords or anything about my Pinterest acct even my hubby, who wonders why I spend time on there lol.

Hopefully now that I did all that cleaning out of my Christmas card board things will stay that way. I still wonder if these are things that were pinned instead of the actual ones I really did pin. Who knows what the cyberspace gremlins do while we sleep.
Shared boards do not require other collaborators to know your pinterest password. it just means that either you started a board or someone else started a board and you are both authorized pinners. I used to be a member of an FB beading group and they had a board that anybody in the group could pin things to. I quit the board because my feed was getting overwhelmed with beading stuff. Now I just visit that board when I'm in the mood to look at that type of beady goods
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2017, 07:39 AM   #18  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jess in CaliView Post
I'm noticing more and more ads for things I have absolutely no interest in following or pursuing. Also, why am I getting Notifications? I never signed up for anything like that, I don't share my boards, everything is private, and it sure is puzzling!

I'll have to look at Google and see if there is an easy way to delete some pins I posted in the wrong board (after I transfer them to the board I want). Time sure flies when I'm on Pinterest!

Jess....if you go in to one of your boards and see something pinned that should be elsewhere; just choose Edit for that pin, pick the board you want it on and it will automatically "delete" from that board and go to where you choose.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2017, 08:04 AM   #19  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Pinterest Ugh

Quote:

Originally Posted by beaddictView Post
Shared boards do not require other collaborators to know your pinterest password. it just means that either you started a board or someone else started a board and you are both authorized pinners. I used to be a member of an FB beading group and they had a board that anybody in the group could pin things to. I quit the board because my feed was getting overwhelmed with beading stuff. Now I just visit that board when I'm in the mood to look at that type of beady goods
How on earth can someone be authorized to pin on my board, when I did not authorize it?

Pinterest is always up dating their app so who knows what happens when they do so. I rarely go on Pinterest on our laptop and almost always exclusively use my iPad, and keep my apps updated. As mentioned I found this only on one board.
Have to agree my feed seems to be overwhelming. I only follow 58 of which very few pin regularly which is fine with me on that particular subject. However I have almost 600 following me! When I first started my feed would only be from people I followed, not all kinds of things and no longer say where they are coming from like in the past. Now the notifications are the only place to find pins from people I actually follow and am interested in.

It seems to take more time to scroll through feed. Too bad something good turns into something else, when the powers that be start trying new things not always for the better. The fact that others are fed up with adds and other things just shows they should have left well enough alone. If it ain't broke....don't try to fix it . Lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2017, 12:30 PM   #20  
Gallery Gazer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

How on earth can someone be authorized to pin on my board, when I did not authorize it?

Pinterest is always up dating their app so who knows what happens when they do so. I rarely go on Pinterest on our laptop and almost always exclusively use my iPad, and keep my apps updated. As mentioned I found this only on one board.
Have to agree my feed seems to be overwhelming. I only follow 58 of which very few pin regularly which is fine with me on that particular subject. However I have almost 600 following me! When I first started my feed would only be from people I followed, not all kinds of things and no longer say where they are coming from like in the past. Now the notifications are the only place to find pins from people I actually follow and am interested in.

It seems to take more time to scroll through feed. Too bad something good turns into something else, when the powers that be start trying new things not always for the better. The fact that others are fed up with adds and other things just shows they should have left well enough alone. If it ain't broke....don't try to fix it . Lol
You do have to give authorization-invite - someone to share your board to pin on. I share a board with each of my girls, and it was by invitation.

The feed, on the other hand, is getting ridiculous. I liked being able to see who pinned under each picture, now you have no idea and chances are it is "picked for you"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2017, 02:12 PM   #21  
Compulsive Stamper

Thanks for the help, cobby...I'll have to do this on my desktop computer because it's problematic on my older Kindle.

BA, my little boy turned 17 on April 15, any my little dancing girl will be 8 or 9 on Dec. 4 as best as we can determine and guess...my little guy was an owner turn-in to a Bichon rescue, and my little dancer is also a rescue. Our very first sassy darling fluff had to cross the Bridge too, too soon in 2011.

Last edited by Jess in Cali; 07-14-2017 at 02:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2017, 07:06 PM   #22  
Pearl-ExPert

No, I have never authorized anything. I am the only one in my family to have boards on Pinterest and don't share with my friends. I guess this will remain a mystery.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2017, 07:22 PM   #23  

Quote:

No, I have never authorized anything. I am the only one in my family to have boards on Pinterest and don't share with my friends. I guess this will remain a mystery.
Can you post a link to the board so I can investigate?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2017, 05:04 PM   #24  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

On getting rid of the ads, they are getting out of hand. Here's a solution for some of them:

At the bottom it will say promoted by, (I'll pick one) Amos Walker, click on that promotion.
It will bring you to a page that you will see an arrow at the top, click on that arrow and a Block sign will come up. Click on that and it will block that advertising. Everytime I go on there I keep blocking them. It never gets rid of all of them, but it thins them out.
Hope this helps.
"Snowmen fall from heaven...unassembled." Author unknown
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2017, 06:41 PM   #25  
Kookie Creator

I used to do that but then it would ask me questions about why I didn't want to see it. It took me about five clicks to actually get rid of it and it was wasting my time. So now I just go by them, as irritating as it is. It doesn't take as long as trying to delete them. It didn't do any good to complain to Pinterest. The just told me how to go about deleting them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2017, 07:53 PM   #26  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I never have to answer any questions. I just click on block and that's it. Seems like it reacts differ for everyone. Frustrating!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2017, 08:21 PM   #27  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowmanqueenView Post
I never have to answer any questions. I just click on block and that's it. Seems like it reacts differ for everyone. Frustrating!
Okay, I see what you are doing. I was clicking on the three dots on the lower right hand side of the ad. I tried it your way and it wasn't an arrow but a flag and it said to click on the 'block'. I still had to click on the ad, the flag, the 'block', the 'okay' and then the back arrow to Pinterest. Still not sure if it's worth my time, but I hate it!! So frustrated!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2017, 07:34 AM   #28  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Pinterest ugh

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderstandBlueView Post
Can you post a link to the board so I can investigate?
Lydia, thanks so much for offer to help. I have now gone though all boards( ones with most pins lol) and everything else looks like it should be.However in the event this happens again I will reach out to you. Thank you so much once again for your help.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2017, 08:33 PM   #29  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Sorry Karen it was a flag.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2017, 05:58 AM   #30  
Crimping Master

Received 39 Likes on 12 Posts

I am also frustrated with Pinterest. Ads are now in searches as well as my home feed. I find myself spending less and less time on Pinterest these days, so I guess that is a good thing. I really didn't think they could ruin the site for me, but Pinterest has managed to do just that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2017, 09:13 AM   #31  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by annie*View Post
I am also frustrated with Pinterest. Ads are now in searches as well as my home feed. I find myself spending less and less time on Pinterest these days, so I guess that is a good thing. I really didn't think they could ruin the site for me, but Pinterest has managed to do just that.
I hardly ever check Pinterest now when I use to check everyday. I wish they would place ads somewhere else besides in the middle of my feed. I can't imagine it's effective advertising.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2017, 10:54 AM   #32  
Crimping Master

I agree. Ads are even showing up in searches now. For awhile I thought I would not purchase from any of the companies that advertised, but now there is so many ads that it would be difficult to avoid every one of the companies that advertise. Instead I find myself avoiding Pinterest.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2017, 04:43 AM   #33  
Die Cut Diva

I now have another gripe with Pinterest. I had all my boards in the order that I wanted them. They have clearly been updating stuff, and today my boards are all jumbled up. And no matter what I try, I cannot organise them as I want. I can move them, but as soon as I leave the page and go back, the jumbled order is there again. I've tried the HELP page, done what they suggested, but doesn't help. Have now tried contacting them to tell them the problem.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2017, 06:05 AM   #34  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 635 Likes on 361 Posts

Oh, I have the same problem, shazsilverwolf. I had all my boards in alphbetical order. Went there yesterday and they are in such a mess. I could just scream.
My Blog---My Gallery---My PinterestI'm a Punchkateer! (Prez) FOREVERDirty Dozen Alumni2014 CAS Spring DT--- Inspiration Challenge Co- Hostess 12/02/17-12/28/19 Watercolor Wednesday Design Team Hebrews 13:2 Brenda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2017, 06:16 AM   #35  
Crimping Master

I had a few weeks where no one that I followed pinned anything. Nothing! I thought that was strange, but figured it was summer and people were busy with other things. Now my home feed is full of pins. I don't think these are all really being pinned. I think they are pins that people have pinned a long time ago and now they are showing up as if they are all new. I haven't had a chance to talk to anyone I follow about whether I am correct or not. I also have blocked hundreds of pins. In my opinion Pinterest is ruining what used to be a pretty great site.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2017, 08:27 AM   #36  

They are moving - I want to tear my hair out. I had the two DTGD boards at the top, but they are moving lower down.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2017, 09:34 AM   #37  
Die Cut Diva

I know, it's so frustrating! Why can't they do upgrades without breaking what didn't need fixing? To be honest, I don't think they even realise they've broken it! The help pages are no help whatsoever. It doesn't even make any sort of sense- I could understand it if they were alphabetically ordered now, or something, but it just seems random. But at least I know it isn't me, lol.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2017, 09:51 AM   #38  
Kookie Creator

I discovered the same thing yesterday! SO upsetting. It took me forever to put them in alphabetical order and now they are all over the place. And I'm spending more time blocking ads than ever--almost more than regular pins. I e-mailed them about the ads and they just said I could block them. Then more show up and most of them have nothing to do with me. I wish there was some other place to do this as it sure saves copying and pasting into my documents. They hooked us and now we are stuck!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2017, 10:08 AM   #39  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 186 Likes on 88 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by cainpView Post
Pinterest is electronic hoarding.
I'm a hoarder.

Actually, my card boards are some of the few that I actually do go back and look at.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2017, 10:29 AM   #40  
Insane Embellisher

I've put in multiple help tickets. I finally heard from someone on Friday. First was an automated response with an answer that had absolutely nothing to do with the issue I asked about.

Finally a real person responded......they know there is a problem with the boards jumping around. They are looking into that and other complaints.

My only suggestion is submit a ticket. When you get an automated response respond to it and say that the info has nothing to do with what you're having trouble with.

I'm asked if there can just be a drop down for us to put the boards in alphabetical order. This click/drag/drop and jump stuff is just antiquated.

Again....she said they are working on it. Will anything change? I don't know, but at least I got a person to respond to my actual issue.
Reply With Quote Likes